What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

zauberflote

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
okra. Cigarette smoke, old, new, and permeating a room, wafting from a balcony, etc etc. That I have so many chronic diseases. That I take so very many meds. Being cold. Anything too loud, but specifically non-classical music and the television.
...... we went to the hell to see Santa......

Still a bit congested but a lot better than I was.

Glad you’re feeling better! Time to enjoy now.
Um. Santa is where??? :hilarious:

Bfast ho hum 1/2 avocado, boiled egg, was starving and added a slice of my new “bird feeder bread” dunked in the coffee/soy/cream, and a nice handful of unsalted mixed nuts.
Lunch ho hum 3 tall celery, 10 cherry tomatoes, 1/2 cup sliced “mini bella” mushrooms, LC tortilla with almond butter. That was really good! I’m going to have to try making tortillas: so I can leave out the salt! These burn my mouth they are so salty. Still starving so a good bit of swiss cheese went down as dessert.
Supper in two shifts again. 3 cups kale/spinach wilted in plenty of olive oil, nuked with 4 egg whites. Part two a handful of nuts and a little Parmesan.
Snack will be the plain skyr with some sliced almonds. I’m starving again! Wondering if going to bed so hungry is what’s deep-six-ing my sleep quality...
Good morning UKs, good night US’s.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yesterday was my first day off work :D
Dogs at groomers at 8.30 am which meant rush hour traffic. Arrived with 60 secs spare.

While they were being strimmed I had a muffinless double sausage and egg McMuffin followed by a herb tea in local garden centre. Santa’s grotto was closed at that time, but unfortunately thexmas music was inescapable.

Lunch was goats milk yog with a cheeky spoon loaded with crunchy peanut butter.

Dinner was the last of the baked salmon with oomi noodles. This time in a cheese sauce.

Oh, and Mr B has fallen ill. Bad cold or flu. Might be a quarantined and delightfully peaceful Xmas, after all.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Didn’t post yesterday as I didn’t get a chance. Granddaughters here all day, then their mum ( eldest daughter) came after work and we all waited up for middle daughter and partner driving down from London. Had a lovely day

B: A mini Baby Bell cheese and 2 brazils

L: just peppermint tea in a cafe - I’d taken the girls out for a walk, they had a pasty.
Mid aft a coconut bite and 2 bags advent calendar pork scratchings

D: instant pot curry. Ideal for when people are arriving at different times

@ziggy_w I also tried the coconut bars in a silicone mold- I layered the chocolate, freezing briefly between each layer but It was still difficult to get it to stick. I think smaller molds would be better - mine are little cake bar size. The results aren’t that pretty but I’m pleased to have a decent ‘fun size’ Bounty bar - and these are only 2 carbs per bar. Feels quite decadent and I’m hoping they are not sweet enough for others to pinch.
IMG_6213.jpg

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Breakfast: Tea
Dockey : Dog walk then cocoa with almond milk and Morliney chicken sausage (smashed connective tissue is a guilty pleasure sometimes)
Lunch : 2 x Schneiderbot LC toast with 2 poached eggs and reduced salt and sugar tomato ketchup; smoked cheddar; tea and Christmas shopping online - John Lewis click and collect at Waitrose
Afternoon: Tea - fell asleep watching Sarries V Chiefs - 3 Dr Almond Christmas cookies
Evening meal: Salmon fillet and salad with avocado and Chia seeds
Hope you all had good days

Last edited:

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all
Busy day no doubt like most of us
Breakfast bacon and egg
Lunch herby lc crackers, cheese
Mid pm LC lemon drizzle cake
Dinner chicken and roast veggies then out for early evening drinks with pals just back for jelly and cream and coffee.
Lots of cooking today but getting there. Youngest arriving tomorrow so looking forward to it,

Emma_369

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening all. Another day of rushing round and finding time for meals is proving a pain
Breakfast - 1 tea and 1 cappuccino
Lunch - a few chunks of cheese and half a bag or dry roasted peanuts
Dinner - a piece of cod ( no batter) and I’m not going to lie, a small handful of chips. Not good for me I know but it is what it is

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
B: Cheese and mushroom 2 egg omelette. Coffee&cream
L: no real meal but over the course of a few hours I had 1 HC advent calendar choc, 1 individual cheddar portion and 50g smoked salmon with around 30g cream cheese
D:2 glasses champagne then Leg of lamb with roast sprouts and buttered cabbage. 2 glasses red. 1square Lidle 95%chocolate

Hope everything is going as smoothly as it should for everyone

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening all. Another day of rushing round and finding time for meals is proving a pain
Breakfast - 1 tea and 1 cappuccino
Lunch - a few chunks of cheese and half a bag or dry roasted peanuts
Dinner - a piece of cod ( no batter) and I’m not going to lie, a small handful of chips. Not good for me I know but it is what it is
Hope all the rushing around is appreciated and soon leaves you with enough me time. Take care

Reactions: zauberflote

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
B: none
L: a chunk of smoked cheese (lovely) with butter on two friskily impertinent gluten free oatcakes (do I know how to live, or wot?)
D: 2bratwurst with 2 spoons of my defrosted pumpkin soup (with thyme, cream and parmesan)

Have discovered an interestingness. Turns out that I find it much more difficult to avoid veg when a) I prepared it, and b) I know it is nice cos, you know, I made it... Mr B is usually on veg duty. For himself. The sooner he is better, the better.

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Yesterday was my first day off work :D
Dogs at groomers at 8.30 am which meant rush hour traffic. Arrived with 60 secs spare.

While they were being strimmed I had a muffinless double sausage and egg McMuffin followed by a herb tea in local garden centre. Santa’s grotto was closed at that time, but unfortunately thexmas music was inescapable.

Lunch was goats milk yog with a cheeky spoon loaded with crunchy peanut butter.

Dinner was the last of the baked salmon with oomi noodles. This time in a cheese sauce.

Oh, and Mr B has fallen ill. Bad cold or flu. Might be a quarantined and delightfully peaceful Xmas, after all.
If it's anything like the thing that's contaminated us you'll be plagued by a cough for ages! Hope Mr B makes a speedy recovery.

Reactions: zauberflote

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Grek yogurt and black coffee for breakfast
Black coffee and celery sticks with peanut butter for lunch.
Pork belly with cauliflower madh and green beans for dinner. Mineral water.

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Bed on a 7 last night but it had dropped to 5.2 FBG. I was a bit feverish last night but it seems to have passed again. Got another 2 bottles of LC Baileys made (one is a gift). I was going to make crackers (edible variety) but might get around to it tomorrow. Fought through the traffic to deliver presents to my brother's house then, against my better judgement, joined the queue to get into the Fort to collect the boys boots from Next. If I thought the queue yesterday to see Santa was hell this was 10 times worse. Still, made it back before the food delivery. Did I say something about this being a home day???
B. Tassimo Americano grande with a dash of cream. Slice Morrisons high protein wholemeal and pate pate.
L. PHD raspberry bar
D. Oomi noodle bolognese courtesy of the IP while rearranging my baking cupboards with Lakeland rotocaddies (love these things but adding them gradually),
Started coughing again so a scoop of halo top and raspberries to cool the throat.
Taxi all booked for tomorrow for the family lunch. Feeling a bit emotional thinking about the missing members but the kids will be a distraction. Brother managed to get the time wrong so I had to change the taxi. Good reports of the place we are going.
Of course, forgot to add it was necessary to drink the 100 mls of Baileys that wouldn't fit in the kilner bottles.

Last edited:

zauberflote

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
okra. Cigarette smoke, old, new, and permeating a room, wafting from a balcony, etc etc. That I have so many chronic diseases. That I take so very many meds. Being cold. Anything too loud, but specifically non-classical music and the television.
@maglil and @Brunneria so sorry the germs are flying! I hope all recoveries are SOON!

Bfast 1/2 avocado, boiled egg, coffee with soy+creeeeeam, and a piece of LC toast dunked in it. Was still very hungry.
Lunch 3celery, bunch of sliced baby bella mushrooms, handful of cherry tomatoes, lc tortilla with almond butter, and a couple ounces swiss cheese. Still very hungry.
Read thread by @Spl@ (happy accident!) regarding “putting on the brakes” to weight loss, where there were some mentions of becoming hungry after weight loss on lclf. (It makes sense over there, I promise!).
Huge supper! Kale, roasted green beans (don’t know what y’all call them) in olive oil and balsamic vinegar, with sliced almonds yummmy, a whole tin of sardines- 4+oz. the heel of that loaf of lc bread, dipped in melted butter. Maybe nuts? Can’t remember. Anyway, after about an hour I began to feel much better than past few days, and wasn’t hungry any more!
So. Had way too many unsalted mixed nuts with my skyr for bedtime snack after walk. We’ll see tomorrow!
Good morning UK, sleep tight US!

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Breakfast and Dockey : Tea; Morrisons hot chocolate; free Green and Blacks mini organic dark chocolate - bit off the reservation
Lunch : Waitrose latte then Nordic walk with dogs about 1 hr at my pace in these conditions- just about re-entering the reservation
Afternoon: Tea and Salami crisps with onion, garlic and herb dip then exercise bike watching 2nd half of football;
Evening meal: Ribeye; roast veg - mushrooms, fennel, cherry tomatoes and garlic; red wine - bit louche but should be able to rescue it eventually
Hope y'all had spiffing days

Last edited:

Tori71

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi all

Still catching up on last few days posts!!

Breakfast - Hi-lo toast and butter
Lunch - Sourdough with avocado and serrano ham topping.
Dinner - Cucumber. tomatoes, pate, stuffed bell peppers and olives. Strawberries, thick cream and chocolate granola.
Lots and lots of tea....

Been to pick up turkey crown from Marks today and had to queue for half an hour, which did not help my ever fraying temper due to about a week of no sleep (stupid feet):inpain:. Christmas spirit!!

Made the Chocolate Olive cake today so it has a day or two to get stickier. Was so tired I put in orange essence instead of vanilla so now its a Terry's Chocolate orange cake!! Also, got the mint chocolates done. They look tempting but can't even be bothered to test one!:grumpy:

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening.
@maglil55 I feel for you with the gaps at your table this year, Christmas is such a family time, absences are more keenly felt. It will be the second year without my brother and I still struggle to accept it sometimes.

Brunch today at an American diner with many of the family, 10 of us in all. I intended to have bacon and egg but decided to push the boat out and have ribeye steak, spinach and poached eggs. Fab and I didn’t envy the others their pancakes in the slightest. It also kept me full all day - they are all having pizza now I’m having a small plate of charcuterie with a few walnuts. Will have one or 2 coconut bites afterward.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all

Still catching up on last few days posts!!

Breakfast - Hi-lo toast and butter
Lunch - Sourdough with avocado and serrano ham topping.
Dinner - Cucumber. tomatoes, pate, stuffed bell peppers and olives. Strawberries, thick cream and chocolate granola.
Lots and lots of tea....

Been to pick up turkey crown from Marks today and had to queue for half an hour, which did not help my ever fraying temper due to about a week of no sleep (stupid feet):inpain:. Christmas spirit!!

Made the Chocolate Olive cake today so it has a day or two to get stickier. Was so tired I put in orange essence instead of vanilla so now its a Terry's Chocolate orange cake!! Also, got the mint chocolates done. They look tempting but can't even be bothered to test one!:grumpy:

I hope you recover your spirits and your health soon. I reckon the orange essence in the chocolate cake will be a great success.