What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening all
Breakfast: Avocado, smoked salmon and a scrambled egg. Coffee.
Spent this morning in the library (using one of their computers) to plan and book a holiday in the Scottish Highlands and Islands. Too much sitting but I’m pleased it’s done.
Took coffee with me in my travel cup.
Lunch: DD roll with pastrami and wasabi mayo. The H&B psyllium husk is one of those brands which turn purple when cooked - quite bizzarre looking bread!
D: DD keto lasagna with salad. Then a lc bounty bar. The lasagna is great, tastes just like a pasta one.

@zauberflote my sympathies for lack of avocado. I also forgot to get any today and I went into town twice.
@ianpspurs I hope your aches and pains resolve themselves soon. As you say, its a good thing you’re in a bungalow.
IMG_6624.jpg

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Oddly I was remarkably calm and just focussed on controlling the car. The thought of serious injury never entered my mind. It was ages before I could drive again so it took a while for lorry shock to kick in.

Not surprised. I had a small scrape with a white van on a roundabout near here and I still drive miles to avoid going that way now.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries and cream washed down with a black coffee.
Lunch: fry up, egg, bacon and mushrooms followed by Greek yoghurt and raspberries.
Mid afternoon: on the road so Caramel Carb Killa and a Starbucks coconut milk cappuccino.
Dinner: gouda and chorizo rollitos with cauliflower and broccoli salad, coleslaw and pork scratchings followed by lemon SF jelly, orange chia pudding and LC chocolate granola.

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
19-01-19

Girls up at 7am, wanting boiled eggs
They had to wait for Grandad to get up, then he insisted we had to be dressed, so again no time for shower.
Tea, boiled eggs x 2 one piece of toast, 30g almonds
Lunch: Others had baked potatoes with beans and cheese, various bits of salad
I had tuna salad.
We made chocolate crispie cakes, added little bit of cream and butter to the dark chocolate. Girls loved them. Joined by their older cousin this afternoon, lots of rushing about squealing and shrieking, they really needed to go out, but it was just too wet.
Dinner, roast chicken dinner, always popular. Roast potatoes, parsnips and onions. Carrots, cauliflower, broccoli and cabbage. Good assortment of veg. The rule is they have to have at least three. Although no need to remind anyone of that today. No stuffing, they didn't seem to notice.
Made apple crumble, tinned apples, no added sugar. Topping was made with butter, ground almonds and oats, added about two tablespoons of plain flour and small amount of sugar, decided mixture was too sticky so added two tablespoonful of coconut flour. Sprinkle and press down lightly. Baked with the roasted veg, 200C 25 mins, lovely golden colour and everyone ate it, some had seconds. Others had ice cream, poured single cream over mine.

After a noisy, busy day could really use a glass of wine, but there is none in the house.

Once again no idea of Cals or carbs.

supposed to be around Cals 1500, Carbs 100-120

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening all
Breakfast: Avocado, smoked salmon and a scrambled egg. Coffee.
Spent this morning in the library (using one of their computers) to plan and book a holiday in the Scottish Highlands and Islands. Too much sitting but I’m pleased it’s done.
Took coffee with me in my travel cup.
Lunch: DD roll with pastrami and wasabi mayo. The H&B psyllium husk is one of those brands which turn purple when cooked - quite bizzarre looking bread!
D: DD keto lasagna with salad. Then a lc bounty bar. The lasagna is great, tastes just like a pasta one.

@zauberflote my sympathies for lack of avocado. I also forgot to get any today and I went into town twice.
@ianpspurs I hope your aches and pains resolve themselves soon. As you say, its a good thing you’re in a bungalow.
View attachment 30745
Must check out the DD lasagne it looks delicious and congrats on sorting your holiday. I’ve just booked a trip up to Scotland for end of April beg May not the Highlands and Islands though - we are planning to visit the new V and A museum in Dundee and revisit our old stomping ground where we went to university, met, married and had our eldest son. My best friend from uni - who I met on my first day there - is godmother to both my chaps and, as she lives near us, we are all going up by train together should be fun all of us going back on our 60+ railcards!

Emma_369

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening all. @ianpspurs sorry to read you’re still suffering! Hope the mixture of naproxen and codeine are at least providing some relief for you!

Breakfast - usual protein peanut & chocolate bar with mug of tea
Mid morning - large cappuccino
Lunch - my ‘new recipe’ of the week from dietdoctor was in fact a drink
https://www.dietdoctor.com/recipes/keto-dairy-free-latte
Quite enjoyed it so will have again
Dinner - went to my friends who is a proper hostess loves to feed anyone that walks through her door and has expressed such stress and worry about not wanting to make anything ‘wrong’ for me despite my protests not to worry, carry on as normal. I arrived to the most colourful tray of salad options, cheesy coleslaw and 2 huge chicken breasts Cooked in garlic and a dash of lemon juice. All highly satisfying and very enjoyable. She’d even found some miniature chocolate eclairs, 2.9g carb each as she figured that was low enough for me to have 1 for dessert rather than offering me nothing. I obliged, and was surprised to enjoy it whilst not wishing I could have the rest of the box :angelic:

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening all. @ianpspurs sorry to read you’re still suffering! Hope the mixture of naproxen and codeine are at least providing some relief for you!

Dinner - went to my friends who is a proper hostess loves to feed anyone that walks through her door and has expressed such stress and worry about not wanting to make anything ‘wrong’ for me despite my protests not to worry, carry on as normal. I arrived to the most colourful tray of salad options, cheesy coleslaw and 2 huge chicken breasts Cooked in garlic and a dash of lemon juice. All highly satisfying and very enjoyable. She’d even found some miniature chocolate eclairs, 2.9g carb each as she figured that was low enough for me to have 1 for dessert rather than offering me nothing. I obliged, and was surprised to enjoy it whilst not wishing I could have the rest of the box :angelic:

What a lovely friend to actually check out carb values for you. At least the rest of the box was in her fridge, not yours.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Back in the day, when I could eat gluten, I used to have a box of Tesco frozen mini eclairs in the freezer. They catually do a GF variant, but I so rarely botherd before that I never replaced them when I went GF. MY OH obliged with the "ordinary" ones.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Must check out the DD lasagne it looks delicious and congrats on sorting your holiday. I’ve just booked a trip up to Scotland for end of April beg May not the Highlands and Islands though - we are planning to visit the new V and A museum in Dundee and revisit our old stomping ground where we went to university, met, married and had our eldest son. My best friend from uni - who I met on my first day there - is godmother to both my chaps and, as she lives near us, we are all going up by train together should be fun all of us going back on our 60+ railcards!

That sounds like a marvellous trip and with the added bonus of your 60+ cards life just gets better and better, I love mine.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
A day of two halves yesterday.
Breakfast. 2 mugs of tea, a cafetiere of koffy and a notion to nip into Brum on a train.
10am - felt very faint and cold - - blood sugars high six - boiled 2 eggs and gobbled down. Laid on sofa under a quilt and slept for 2 hours - no idea what that was all about.
Lunch at 1500hrs at a Miller and Carter steak place - Cluck and Duck starter - who writes this nonsense. Main, a nice 8oz 50 week aged steak with a salad. Large bottle fizzy water. Koffy.
8pm - oh! Wine - yes please.

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who think they know everything.
I'm going to have to look in to the Over 60s rail card - I hadn't heard of it before reading about it on this thread. It makes me wonder what other useful stuff I don't know about. Thanks everyone!

It's a quiet day here today with Mr C working a 2-10 shift. So,

Breakfast: Bacon and scrambled eggs (the butter and double cream sort)

Lunch: A bit of cheese (Cambazola)

Dinner: Baked ham hock (hot) with salad

Pudding: Greek yoghurt and chia seeds

Drinks: Morning: Black decaff coffee, Afternoon: Apple crumble tea or still spring water, Evening: one glass of red with dinner, then plain water

As Mr C is on afternoon shifts this week and I will be cooking dinner just for me I am planning to reduce the amount of vegetables I eat with dinner - hopefully it will reduce my DP.

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I've been having a rake around some of the sites and came across this on low carb yum that pulls together 45 best keto bread recipes. That's a matter of opinion as some I must admit look like the usual sponge cake but there are some that look as if they might be ok. Where there is a photo the recipe click through is under the photo as I discovered

https://lowcarbyum.com/amazing-low-...dium=pushnotification&utm_campaign=pushengage

In the midst of all this I noticed a new site to me. The nourished caveman (mainly because I liked the look of the keto rolls) and there is an interesting collection of recipes there too. I'll go back to this site after swimming for a closer look.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all. Glorious sunny day in London. Having set out for walking football in the cold and dark, ended up walking home in almost spring like sunshine. Plotted a route along canals, the Thames and through parks. Turned out to be a lot further than I anticipated - arrived home 3 hours and 45 minutes (and 12 miles) later. Very enjoyable though.

Having put dinner in oven, late lunch was a Diet Doctor breakfast sandwich. They really are delicious. Dinner was lamb shank with garlic butter and rosemary followed by a small ramekin full of extra thick Jersey cream.

@Chook good luck with the DP reduction strategy.

Tori71

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: Homemade granola and hi lo toast and butter
Lunch: Pate, ham, cheese stuffed peppers, cucumber and tomatoes. small piece of lc brownie, two strawberries and cream
Dinner: Bacon. 2 poached eggs, three spinach and butternut squash croquettes. two squares of 90% lindt,
Snacks: Nuts

No post yesterday but tried out a Persian restaurant for dinner;
Starter: Feta, tomatoes and olives in a balsamic mix (don't know what else was in the mix but it tasted amazing)
Main: Chicken Kabab (not a mis-spelling)! with french fries and salad. I enjoyed every one of the fries and was still within my daily carb self imposed limit. Glass of wine. Decaff coffee.

Hope everyone else had a good weekend

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
A day of two halves yesterday.
Breakfast. 2 mugs of tea, a cafetiere of koffy and a notion to nip into Brum on a train.
10am - felt very faint and cold - - blood sugars high six - boiled 2 eggs and gobbled down. Laid on sofa under a quilt and slept for 2 hours - no idea what that was all about.
Lunch at 1500hrs at a Miller and Carter steak place - Cluck and Duck starter - who writes this nonsense. Main, a nice 8oz 50 week aged steak with a salad. Large bottle fizzy water. Koffy.
8pm - oh! Wine - yes please.

We have a Miller and Carter fairly near, I love it too. Will have to request no onion loaf next time though - plays havoc with my bgs

Hope you’re ok now after your funny turn.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries and cream washed down with a black coffee.
Lunch: fry up, egg, bacon and mushrooms followed by Greek yoghurt and raspberries.
Mid afternoon: on the road so Caramel Carb Killa and a Starbucks coconut milk cappuccino.
Dinner: gouda and chorizo rollitos with cauliflower and broccoli salad, coleslaw and pork scratchings followed by lemon SF jelly, orange chia pudding and LC chocolate granola.

M&S near me has Carb Killa bars for £1:25 they are in a little box under the sandwiches ( no idea what I was doing there) I think they are nearing their sell by though, one flavour was a gingerbread Christmassy one. I havent tried it, some Carb Killa’s are ok for me and others cause a spike, strangely. I can never remember which though.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Weather and light looked amazing today so I hope everyone who wanted to made as much use of the conditions as @Goonergal.
Breakfast: Tea - several pint mugs; Lunch: Cheese and cucumber sandwich with livlife bread; 4 cherry tomatoes; 3 radishes; tea Late afternoon: Tea: Evening meal: CCB Naproxen and Codeine all day - original issue solved but the way I sleep has probably caused more problems. Not liking this one bit not so much the inconvenience more the sitting still and needing waiting on - less than 100 steps so far today. May have cocoa later. Hopefully, that was all low carb.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening all. Spent most of today indoors helping middle daughter revise for her nursing exam tomorrow, she’s panicking so my job was to test her on various topics and provide food and drink.

Breakfast Coconut porridge with a small amount of frozen berries and cream.
A whole jug of coffee through the morning.

Lunch: Celeriac and hazelnut soup with sage and hazelnut pesto. Recipe from the Sunday paper a couple of weeks ago and the only lc adaption I made was to reduce the onion to 1/2. It was delicious.
Sf jelly and cream and another spoonful of the now defrosted berries.

Dinner is leftover Lasagna from yesterday with a bit of salad. Might have a glass of red.