What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

zauberflote

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
okra. Cigarette smoke, old, new, and permeating a room, wafting from a balcony, etc etc. That I have so many chronic diseases. That I take so very many meds. Being cold. Anything too loud, but specifically non-classical music and the television.
@Rachox those tuna muffins are adorable somehow. It may be the false perspective from the camera. Also they look truly scrumptious :D
Welcome home @shelley262 ! I found myself looking up walking tours jn Scotland yesterday... my bucket list has fixated on this idea and I can't make it shut up!
@ianpspurs I would think that would be entirely possible. Sounds like you are sensitive to fat anyway, so the connection you make is probably the one I'd make first too. Medications are tricky little narsties, and what worked yesterday may cause you to grow purple stripes tomorrow.
Anybody ever find that a few olives for lunch bring BG down into normal? (where I so rarely seem to spend time these days)

Dr Snoddy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Trolls
B. Smashed avocado with chilli and lime juice on HiLo toast. Black tea, black coffee.
L. Quarter piece of tomato and mozzarella crustless quiche, salad of leaves, tomato and cucumber.
Snack. Far too many salted mixed nuts.
D. Vegetable chilli with a large dollop of Greek yoghurt.

Viv19

Just realised it’s still light and it’s 8:15. Lovely!

Early morning - lots of TWAM and CWC
B: 1 scrambled egg, large on slice of Emmental with spoonful of kimchi.
L: Chicken soup made with yesterdays’s bone broth, the picked chicken meat and a handful of spinach leaves. Followed by sf jelly, cream and a bit of grated 100% chocolate.
D: IP chilli - with black olives instead of kidney beans ( great suggestion @shelley262) plus cauli rice and grated cheese. 1glass red.

What is SF jelly?

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@Rachox those tuna muffins are adorable somehow. It may be the false perspective from the camera. Also they look truly scrumptious :D
They are one of my favourite low carb dinners, so easy to make, Chuck the ingredients in a bowl, mix, spoon into tin and cook.

Reactions: zauberflote

Viv19

Well I am away from home today and tonight so here goes:
Breakfast: usual 1 slice HiLo toast, sliced butter (forgot to fill the newly washed butter dish) tea x 2. Then on the road.
Lunch: pack of M&S rollitos. Lots of slow fog walking.
Supper: cod from chip shop, maybe 6 chips. I know scandalous.

I hope you didn’t pull the batter off! I’ve been thinking about that for when we go over to see Dad. Mmmm lovely fish and chips, my favourite.

Reactions: maglil55 and Chook

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening all. To celebrate the start of Meaty May ate a lunch of 3 rashers bacon, 2 fried eggs and a small portion of grated cheese at the cafe near work. Dinner was slow cooked oxtail - fast becoming a favourite.

Slow cooker will definitely earn its keep this month.

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who think they know everything.
Evening all. To celebrate the start of Meaty May ate a lunch of 3 rashers bacon, 2 fried eggs and a small portion of grated cheese at the cafe near work. Dinner was slow cooked oxtail - fast becoming a favourite.

Just wondering.... I know you aren't eating veg so what do you put in the slow cooker with the oxtail?

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

Enjoy Meaty May - I'll settle for Stool Thursday:angelic:

Reactions: zauberflote

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Just wondering.... I know you aren't eating veg so what do you put in the slow cooker with the oxtail?

Just added some leftover juices from another meal (have taken to skimming the fat and storing that for frying and then freezing the juices) plus I had some bones from a recent short rib so stuck those in too to add flavour. Oxtail on top - just a straightforward roast but in the slow cooker. Very little liquid is needed - so long as the meat is seared turns out just fine.

Juices from today will form the base for tomorrow.

Reactions: maglil55 and DJC3

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who think they know everything.
Just added some leftover juices from another meal (have taken to skimming the fat and storing that for frying and then freezing the juices) plus I had some bones from a recent short rib so stuck those in too to add flavour. Oxtail on top - just a straightforward roast but in the slow cooker. Very little liquid is needed - so long as the meat is seared turns out just fine.

Juices from today will form the base for tomorrow.

Thanks - I 'd never thought to keep it simple like that. Good idea.:)

Reactions: DJC3

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks - I 'd never thought to keep it simple like that. Good idea.:)

I wish I’d figured it out before - always thought a slow cooker would be useless after I gave up root veggies as I always associated them with stews, which were ditched very quickly after diagnosis as they sent BG into the stratosphere. It’s a brilliant discovery!

Reactions: maglil55 and DJC3
D

Deleted member 308541

Lunch yesterday: Liquid variety and savoury nibbley bits at the bowls club.
Dinner: Rump steak, and veggies.
Breakfast: Cheesey omelette, bacon, tomato.

Drinks: Black coffee, beer, water.

I have just put the online shopping order in, I double checked that mushrooms were on it this time. :D

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Mr B loves mortadella.....I've not seen the paprika version. Is it on the deli counter?
No, it's a prepacked one. It's in with the halal stuff. It is a halal meat but it caught my eye because of the paprika. They do another one that has peppers in it too. It's not your normal big slice of mortadella either - smaller.

D

Deleted member 308541

I forgot to post this pix from the bowls club, a special last night was a Snitty and a Pot for $10.00.

At least the beer is low carb...

58769470_1034916410027653_2274761451879006208_n.jpg

Reactions: maglil55