What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Eaten today

A few cashew nuts
Bits of dark chocolate
Black coffee x3

Breakfast:
Eggs and cheese thrown in microwave
2 slices corned beef
cwc

Before noon midday:
4 small leaves off Gem lettuce
Butter on lettuce and then sprinkle of mixed seeds
Strawberries and raspberries and cream

Tea
Water
Herbal teas

>^..^<

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Breakfast was some sticks of cheese wrapped up in ham (I was putting together sandwiches for a pot luck lunch, so just ate some of the sandwich contents.
Lunch - there was supposed to be a tray of cruditees supplied by a friend to go with a couple of dips I had made. Her day didn't work out as she expected so no veggies, just a bowl of fruit she had picked up on the way. The dips didn't get used and I ended up having about a third of an egg sandwich and half a cheese and ham roll. Plenty of black tea (she forgot the milk as well). Surprised that my BS only went up to 8.5.
Dinner will be a quick "ratatouille" with whatever veggies I can find in my fridge. May finish off with strawberries and cream (used all the raspberries on the choc/raspberry cake I took along).
Very thirsty yesterday and today so drinking plenty of tea and water.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Help
I was diagnosed with type 2 in April told to lose weight and come back after bloods in 3 months !! 3 months is now up ...have I lost weight ...no !! I received no guidance on what to eat and what to avoid I can't do much exercise as I also have fibromyalgia so am in constant pain I don't know what to do I have an appointment with diabetes essentials at the end of the month but don't know where to start please can some one advise me xx

Hi @ShelleyMcD and welcome to the thread. You’ll find lots of ideas about daily menus on this thread, but it would likely be more useful, and you would get more tailored responses if you set up a dedicated thread to ask this question.

If you like, I could move your post into a new thread to help with this. Just let me know.

It would also be helpful to know if you are taking any medications for your diabetes.

Editing to say that the original post has now been moved, so no longer appears in this thread.

The new thread is here: https://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/threads/advice-please-weight-loss-and-diet-type-2.166190/

Last edited:

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@Goonergal glad you returned safe and sound and hunter,gathered cream. @Annb shame the pot luck meal didn't quite pan out. @SlimLizzy hug for the ants and labouring duties. Hope Mr Slim doesn't overdo it. @ShelleyMcD hug for the ridiculous situation you have been left in but @Goonergal and the low carb programme should help. @maglil55 little human dynamo aren't ya.
4 .00 start goodness knows why. Lots of tea until by 9.00 I felt the need to eat scrambled eggs in portobello mushrooms with reduced s and s tommy k. 10 cal jelly for lunch? then mackerel and avocado salad this evening. Ongoing battle (recent) between controlling bg and avoiding gout won by gout today but yesterday was fine and fbg 5.1. Legitimate reason to watch the cricket but state of my grass really annoying me - managed a small lawn today before knee and foot forced stop.

Last edited:

ShelleyMcD

Hi @ShelleyMcD and welcome to the thread. You’ll find lots of ideas about daily menus on this thread, but it would likely be more useful, and you would get more tailored responses if you set up a dedicated thread to ask this question.

If you like, I could move your post into a new thread to help with this. Just let me know.

It would also be helpful to know if you are taking any medications for your diabetes.
Thanks that would be good I'm not very good at this.
Currently I'm not taking meds for diabetes but I think that might change next week.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks that would be good I'm not very good at this.
Currently I'm not taking meds for diabetes but I think that might change next week.

Hi there. I’ve just moved the post. The new thread is here:

https://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/threads/advice-please-weight-loss-and-diet-type-2.166190/

If you add a comment about your medication status in the new location that will help others to make suggestions and it will also bump your post up the list so that more people see it.

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all
Breakfast back to usual one slice of bacon and egg
Lunch small portion of sardines in olive oil with sticks of celery followed by four hc 100% choc buttons
Dinner trout and asparagus with lemon butter followed by lemon sf jelly and yoghurt.
@Goonergal welcome back
@DJC3 hope tomorrow goes well
@ianpspurs hope neither gout or high bgs win tomorrow- neverhad gout and sounds extremely painful
@maglil55 think I need you to organise my next holiday you clearly know what you are doing well done on looking after your family so well.

Reactions: maglil55 and Viv19
D

Deleted member 308541

Just done our fortnightly grocery shop online, a fair bit of stuff unavailable so had to look for alternatives.

Our usual extra large cage eggs @ $3.00 a dozen were the first of the casualties, got some other cage eggs but were more expensive.

Robert Timms granulated coffee was on special at $4.00 yesterday, but gone back to it's normal price of $8.00 today %$#^#!.

One thing we got a win on tho' is a new delivery time window for $6.00 instead of $9.00. :D

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries and cream washed down with a black coffee.
Lunch: left over pepperoni meatzza with cauliflower and broccoli salad followed by Greek yoghurt and raspberries.
Mid afternoon: coconut chia pudding and black coffee.
Dinner: gammon steak with leafy salad and two cherry tomatoes followed by SF jelly, cream and LC chocolate granola.

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
10-07-19
breakfast, nut granola, semskimmed milk, 2xtea, about an hour later, ( got busy) 2 mudled eggs and some spinach beet, Straight from the garden into the pan :D cant get fresher than that.
helping MrSlim with the work, painted the bathroom, and some bits of door. yes the one i broke, still not fixed. heped to clear out the building site . MrSlim is now installing ceiling. including all the wiring for lights etc.
Planted out my french beans, leeks are doing ok, think they would like a drop of rain though, but ten day forecast is Sun,sun, SUN. :singing: Hey, hey hey its a beautiful day.
lunch; slice of smoked salmon, garden lettuce, salad, small piece of baguette one cornichon and home made coleslaw. used chinese leaves, carrot, celariac and quarter of an apple. out of onions but added nigells seeds for thr onony flavour and fresh parsley, for colour and favour. Went a bit french then and added mustard to the mayo as well. Supermarkets here have rows and shelves full of the stuff. Must be a big demand for mustard. Second coated the bathroom,
Ofc the **** ants are in the bedroom again, this time they have found a way out behind the huge heavy mahogany armoire we inherited with the house. The one we haven't been able to shift. Used copious amouts of spray. the ant army is artill invading form various other holes and cracks, but there is hope, they have found a way out OUTSIDE. Hooray, they can all go fly away . ofc they have to excape the waiting sparrows, who dont have a 100% kill rate. Unlike me them all.:dead:
Dinner peri pri chicken more coleslaw and salad, could not be bothered to cook. Three glasses of wine.
later: handful of walnuts, chunk of brie and a small tomato
about to make bedtime tea. goodnight all. sometime during the gardening wandered past the cherry tree had a few handfulls.

Last edited:

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Bed 7.1 FBG 7.3. In laws now in Vienna and forgotten all about the cancelled cruise. A "quieter" day catching up on housework but it is horribly muggy and we have thunderstorms forecast for tomorrow. Boys back as well. I did have time to make another skinny bread and this is the best one yet. Not dense at all.
B. TAG with ADOC. A bit later 2 GF pork chipolatas, 1 fried egg, 4 rashers of crispy streaky bacon, 4 santini tomatoes.
L. 1/2 grenade dark chocolate raspberry bar.
D. I am developing a burrata addiction! 1 burrata, prawn cocktail that needed used, lettuce, 1/2 avocado, 4 santini tomatoes, helmans, cucumber, slice of skinny bread with lurpack.
Got the boys staying Saturday and again next Tuesday. The travel thing was due to work. We were supposed to book everything through our travel service when I worked but since we also had to keep an eye on expenses (we did a lot of travel) they let me do my own thing as I found out every trick in the book to stay in nice places but at a fraction of the cost. Being a frequent traveller you did get a lot of perks as well. Since Hubby gets a bit fraught with travel he does appreciate how highly organised I am (and I'm a rapid packer). Car still running fine too - touch wood. Off to bed shortly as I have boys most of the day tomorrow.

Reactions: dunelm and Viv19
D

Deleted member 308541

. Used copious amouts of spray. the ant army is artill invading form various other holes and cracks,
I told you to use borax and icing sugar the other day, it's far better than any spray as the ants take it back to the nest where it will kill the queen and the other inhabitants.

Reactions: maglil55 and Viv19

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
I told you to use borax and icing sugar the other day, it's far better than any spray as the ants take it back to the nest where it will kill the queen and the other inhabitants.
Forgot to mention we have given them something similar, didn't worry about the sparrows as it can't have spread far in five mins. Sat drinking wine, watching ants and wishing them dead. Both of us happier now they have found a way to the outside.

D

Deleted member 308541

Lunch yesterday: Liquid one, several low carb beers, some nice savoury snacks from club bistro. The lady bowlers offered me some of their savoury stuff but declined as I had another beer going.
Dinner: Chook drumsticks, peri peri dipping sauce.
Breakfast: Cheese and mushroom omelette, bacon, tomato, reheated spudlite.

Drinks" Black coffee, no sugar / sweeteners, beer, water.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Picked my mother up from the airport yesterday. Had kofee and got on the road. Drank a bottle of water.

Home, 3 hours later - egg and bacon on half a toasted mug bread, covered in cheese and put under the grill. A few grilled cherry tomatoes.

Dinner - teppanyaki grill out. Strips of pork loin, king prawns, julienned veg (spring onion, red pepper, courgette, white cabbage).
Pudding - kefir with a few red berries.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Picked my mother up from the airport yesterday. Had kofee and got on the road. Drank a bottle of water.

Home, 3 hours later - egg and bacon on half a toasted mug bread, covered in cheese and put under the grill. A few grilled cherry tomatoes.

Dinner - teppanyaki grill out. Strips of pork loin, king prawns, julienned veg (spring onion, red pepper, courgette, white cabbage).
Pudding - kefir with a few red berries.

Dunelm, are you feeling any benefits from your kefir consumption, a little while in?

Reactions: Viv19 and dunelm