What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

Viv19

Tea
Cwc
Lunch 2slices LC bread, one with smoked salmon, other with cheddar. Tea. Nuts

Afternoon cwc then I had strawberries with a little cream while OH and SIL had delicious looking fruit slices with lots of cream. Then some glasses of Cava.

Dinner much the same as yesterday, chicken kebab, tzatziki and left over roast veg. Yoghurt and berries.I have to admit to a glass of white burgundy as well.

News filtering through of great white bumbler being voted in - have they all completely lost the plot? Between trying to avoid watching and listening to Trump and the Bumble, I’m probably never going to know what’s happening in the world again.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@ianpspurs again I think you dont eat enough. Are you aware of science that I dont know about that says eggs, cheese or fish (other than shellfish) that bring gout on. I respectfully am not aware if all protein is equal when it comes to gout and I wonder if that is more relevant for you to explore that field. Also there are some powerful meds to prevent gout which is not as complex to fight as Diabetes. Forgive me if you have already gone down this road. Just my opinion.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@ianpspurs again I think you dont eat enough. Are you aware of science that I dont know about that says eggs, cheese or fish (other than shellfish) that bring gout on. I respectfully am not aware if all protein is equal when it comes to gout and I wonder if that is more relevant for you to explore that field. Also there are some powerful meds to prevent gout which is not as complex to fight as Diabetes. Forgive me if you have already gone down this road. Just my opinion.
Thanks for the concern. My weight is stable and those sources of more cals seem to be lower in purines but as importantly I don't dislike them. I really can't see the point in eating what I don't like irrespective of gout. Today's menu is largely how I have eaten in summer for most of my life and I really can't think of anything cooked that I want. With the exception of salmon or mackerel fillets in EVO I have no idea of what else I would eat with salad. Right now that is about all I can bear to prepare and eat but cooler weather/autumn may change my tastes. I am not a foie gras bird and won't force feed myself. Take care.

Last edited:

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@Goonergal hugs for your cold - think having a cold in hot weather always feels worse somehow!
@Viv19 agreewith you about BoJo - love the bumble name btw - and also, like you, I watch less and less news my classical music listening has gone up 10 fold during these difficult brexit times.....classical music and mindfulness are needed on a regular basis!
Today has been a nutty day in more ways than one - don’t know why but kept dipping in to my walnut supplies - ate a fair few this afternoon so they are on top of my meals.
Breakfast half slice hi lo toast one chipolatasausage, one rasher streaky bacon and one egg
Lunch sardines in olive oil, walnuts and lc seeded crispbreads followed by small piece of 100% choc
Dinner trout in lemon butter with asparagus and cauliflower cheese followed by sf jelly a few home grown raspberries and spoon of yoghurt and cream.
Now must stay away from the nuts!

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries and cream washed down with a black coffee.
Lunch: small portion of left over cauliflower and broccoli cheese and Mediterranean veggies followed by Greek yoghurt and raspberries.
Mid afternoon: coffee chia pudding and black coffee.
Dinner: gammon steak, fried egg, leafy salad and two orange rapture tomatoes followed by SF jelly, cream and LC chocolate granola

64A1A637-53EA-428E-A26A-6A16220E7476.jpeg

ert

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
diabetes
fasting
Don’t blame you, much easier and just as nice I suspect.
And the best thing is that it's low carb and I had amazing blood sugars afterwards, (fewer carbs then the venison with the carrots and onion I had today with less than pleasing results.)

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Was intending to have just CWC this morning but there was still a big dish with a spoonful of cauliflower cheese left in the fridge from Sunday, so ate that cold. Not as gross as it sounds.
L: Tin of mackerel with salad including 1 hub egg and 1/2 avocado. 1 square American 100% chocolate which turned into 3 it was so nice
D: went round daughter’s and made a chicken and spinach curry in her IP while the dogs used up their pent up energy running around in the cool evening breeze. Hilarious watching a small puppy and a Gt Dane playing - they are completely oblivious of their relative size. Peckish when I got home so just had sf jelly and cream.
@Goonergal sorry to hear about the cold on one of the hottest days of the year - such irony! Hope it’s short lived.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
has your cauldron arrived yet, @Viv19 ? I'm doing clotted cream tonight, overnight, provided I rememberr to start it before bed.

I don't want to start it too early, then have to get up earlier than usual, to take it out.

Reactions: Viv19

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
A ham n cheese day!

B@10am a 3 egg scramble with ham and cheese and chilli oil
D@6pm 2 thick slices of ham, each with 2 slices of gouda on top. Then a big dollop of cream cheese on each, with branston on top.

All utterly gorgeous.

Haven’t had chocolate, or coffee substitute in a week. Have replaced both with a mug of bone broth.
Don’t know how sustainable that is.

Reactions: maglil55 and Viv19

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
The doggie tales all sound charming - we no longer have a dog but my grand daughter (7) has a newfie which is no longer a pup at about 11 months, but thinks he still is. He weighs something over 10 stone already. Being a Newfoundland dog, one would expect him and his webbed feet to enjoy the water, but he is very wary of it and has to be taught to go into the sea with the other dogs (a King Charles and a labrador). Not a fan is our Banksie!

Food today has been a bit odd. Felt very poorly on getting up, but it is bin day today and I had to get the household bins emptied into the main bins (which my son had already taken out to help me!)
Tea and co-codamol which put me out of action until about 1130.
More tea and then a small portion of yesterday's baked beans and a couple of fried eggs. Mistake, felt even worse thereafter. 4 Rennies and 2 cups of tea later, at 1930 I thought I could eat, so had the spicy chicken I made to use up the chicken breasts I bought in the local shop yesterday. Not the best of ideas but it's done now and I am still upright, if a bit odd feeling. The rest will go in the freezer for another occasion.
I did think that I might, instead, have made something with the cauliflower and broccolli I have in the fridge, but perhaps not yet, not after the effect of the last time I had cauliflower.

Viv19

has your cauldron arrived yet, @Viv19 ? I'm doing clotted cream tonight, overnight, provided I rememberr to start it before bed.

I don't want to start it too early, then have to get up earlier than usual, to take it out.

Yes it has arrived DCUKMod! But it’s the same as all new more complicated things that I get (like new laptop/phone etc) - I need to wait for a day when I can concentrate on it and try it out in peace and quiet. I bought some casserole meat, and thought I would read, inwardly digest and have a go tomorrow.