What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
What is the aldi bars called and how many carbs per bar please?
Hiya it is a gluten free nut bar with dark chocolate and each bar is 5.9 g of carb but they are lovely and satisfying - very chewy and do not taste low carb. I keep them in cupboard to grab on days like today box has a blue band avoid the orange peanut butter one they are in same place and higher carb but look similar!
Edit just researched and peanut butter ones are 8.3g per bar.

Reactions: Mrs T 123

Mrs T 123

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Breakfast - fage yoghurt with raspberries on top. Mug of earl grey tea

Lunch - 2 slices slc bread sandwich on cheese, ham and coleslaw (bread lovely and fresh as was just delivered am)

Dinner - breast of chicken with a little piri piri sauce on top and a little carrot, brussel sprouts and broccoli. SF jelly and a little carnation milk drizzled over the top

Mrs T 123

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hiya it is a gluten free nut bar with dark chocolate and each bar is 5.9 g of carb but they are lovely and satisfying - very chewy and do not taste low carb. I keep them in cupboard to grab on days like today box has a blue band avoid the orange peanut butter one they are in same place and higher carb but look similar!
Edit just researched and peanut butter ones are 8.3g per bar.
Many thanks for that - so are they in GF section or beside other chocolate and are they sold as a box rather than individually?

Mrs T 123

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
B= 2+Ls TWAMIS (inulin and sweetener); Dockey: Dr A chocky, wocky woo and SF caramel CWC; L= Oak smoked ham, chicken breast and mayo Romaine leaf "sandwiches", cucumber, tea: EM : Egg, cheese and avocado salad. No flatulence bar today but the chocky wocky and CWC lowered by the same .7. Assumption is the coffee wot dun it
Are the flatulence bars and the fatt bars the same thing?

Reactions: maglil55

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Many thanks for that - so are they in GF section or beside other chocolate and are they sold as a box rather than individually?
Neither. They are usually with the cereals and/or biscuits with other snack type bars. But be careful, I find the caramel type sauce sets quite hard and is too dangerous for my soft teeth. Texture is like a nut brittle

Reactions: Mrs T 123

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
b: 2 eggs scrambled but made the mistake of cooking them with a little bit of fat from the lamb bone broth that has been cooking overnight. Thought the fat would replace the butter I usually use, but no, didn't taste good at all
Exercise class followed by walk
Late lunch: some caulflower cheese savoury. Froze the rest in peices.
D: pork chop, cabbage and carrots. 1 tablespoon cream with 1 brazel nut and 1 sq 85 lidl chopped into it.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Are the flatulence bars and the fatt bars the same thing?
Yes - Jethro's assistant made that name compulsory. Today's intake for me will be water. Julie, me and one dog have the bug son, DIL and Rosa had. I am less affected than Julie and the dog only mildly which is a blessing.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yes - Jethro's assistant made that name compulsory. Today's intake for me will be water. Julie, me and one dog have the bug son, DIL and Rosa had. I am less affected than Julie and the dog only mildly which is a blessing.
Sorry to hear that Ian, hope you all make a fast recovery and Bill or Ben doesnt succumb. Hope all of you can just rest.

Reactions: maglil55

annabell1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
rude people
not able to do as much as I used to do due to health issues
onions
leek
Today I organised to go for a bush walk with one of my neices. I'm glad I did as needed to be busy Today is the anniversary of my elderest sister passing it's been a difficult year I cannot believe it's been a year since my sister passed away and miss her so much. Being Maronite Catholic its traditional that we have a memorial mass which will be held on Sunday. thank goodness there is no covid19 restrictions on attending where I live in Australia.

☆☆☆☆︎☆☆☆☆☆︎☆☆☆☆☆

Breakfast
A small Sourdough baguette roll with butter and Rhapsodie de fruits Thick apricot jam made with Thick Apricot (55%), Grape And Date Juice Concentrates, Fruit Pectin, Lemon Juice. And has 2.96 carbs. Black coffee.

☆☆☆☆︎☆☆☆☆☆︎☆☆☆☆☆

After went for a walk at Strickland State forest funnily enough it is only 10min drive from My place but have never been there in the 17 years living here... we did a few tracks so in total about a 4 hour walk it was lovely day and a pretty picturesque views except one track was a bit steep climbing up so was quite puffed after that and my body is letting me know! .. afterour walk we both built up an appetite and were pickerish but was late afternoon and coffee shops were closed at this time so went to Coles and picked up a few things at the shops and made platter for lunch /dinner

☆☆☆☆︎☆☆☆☆☆︎☆☆☆☆☆

Lunch/dinner
ham pastrami cheeses tomatoes olives avocados my pickled eggplants cauliflowers sauerkraut and sliced a few disks of sourdough baguettes and had a few cups of black tea.

☆☆☆☆︎☆☆☆☆☆︎☆☆☆☆☆

Now its Time to hit the hay I've taken some pain meds and its nearly midnight and I'm starting to feel rather tired and sore after the walk and also did a big clean up of my backyard yesterday so my body is letting me know to go and rest up. Goodnight

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hugs for the sadness of the anniversary @annabell1 my brother died unexpectedly a couple of years ago and I still can’t really believe it.
Hugs to you too @ianpspurs and all the clan who are poorly, I hope it’s just a short lived bug. Jethro’s assistant though!!!
@shelley262 dealing with the plumber is often as problematic as the plumbing itself so well done!
Today I had black coffee until lunchtime - 2 airfried chicken wings and a cheese and marmite sandwich made with 2 slices SLC bread and a slice of Jarlsberg. 1 DGF ginger cake and tea.
Dinner https://www.dietdoctor.com/recipes/keto-chili-tortillas the lc tortilla was more omelette-y than tortilla-y but I enjoyed it anyway. DGF raspberry bakewell to follow.
IMG_4065.jpg

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening all.

Not surprisingly given I went to bed hungry, needed food earlier than usual.

Breakfast was a small tin of corned beef fried with onions, two eggs and a tiny sprinkling of grated cheese (drugs of pack).
Linner (3pm hardly counts as dinner) was a spatchcock poussin with salt, pepper and paprika seasoning. Very tasty.

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all
Breakfast one each of bacon, egg and lc toast plus four mushrooms cooked in butter
lunch one slice of LC toast with cheese followed by coffee and two LC HM hazelnut truffles
Dinner Duck stir fry with Konjac noodles followed by DGF chocolate brownie heated and served with splodge of cream.
Edit forgot ate a handful of almonds while cooking dinner!

Last edited:

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries and cream washed down with a black coffee
Late morning: black coffee and chocolate brownie phd bar.
Skipped lunch.
Mid afternoon: black coffee and a few pecans.
Dinner: salmon fillets with peppercorn sauce and mixed veggies followed by SF jelly, cream and LC chocolate granola.

zauberflote

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
okra. Cigarette smoke, old, new, and permeating a room, wafting from a balcony, etc etc. That I have so many chronic diseases. That I take so very many meds. Being cold. Anything too loud, but specifically non-classical music and the television.
@ianpspurs I hope all of you will feel much better quickly, and the other dog will not catch it!
@annabell1 I'm so sorry about your sister. Having a memorial is such a comforting practise, I would think. Next time you make that platter, ask me over....I have never imagined pickled eggplant!
Has been a very tired-not-good day. Feeling better now but not up for much more than sitting around resting. I have such respect for all those of you who've kept to normal amounts of LC while feeling much worse than this, even with covid. I am overeating but so far at least it's my regular foods. Bfast avocado, pecans, accidentally licked my finger of canned cat food-- yuk!--, 2 scrambled eggs in usual olive oil
Next meal end of the cucumber, end of a yellow bell pepper, too much provolone, wished for cherry tomatoes but we ate them all, flax crisps/dilute soymilk, more pecans.
Next meal hopefully can be good-for-me foods.

Reactions: maglil55 and DJC3

Mrs T 123

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Sounds like a very contagious bug - are yous sure it is not COVID - do take care

Mrs T 123

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hugs for the sadness of the anniversary @annabell1 my brother died unexpectedly a couple of years ago and I still can’t really believe it.
Hugs to you too @ianpspurs and all the clan who are poorly, I hope it’s just a short lived bug. Jethro’s assistant though!!!
@shelley262 dealing with the plumber is often as problematic as the plumbing itself so well done!
Today I had black coffee until lunchtime - 2 airfried chicken wings and a cheese and marmite sandwich made with 2 slices SLC bread and a slice of Jarlsberg. 1 DGF ginger cake and tea.
Dinner https://www.dietdoctor.com/recipes/keto-chili-tortillas the lc tortilla was more omelette-y than tortilla-y but I enjoyed it anyway. DGF raspberry bakewell to follow. View attachment 45527
Dinner looks fab - what a great idea and you were right enough about the FA*T bars after all! I will maybe give them a miss and not bother trying them after all or I will be Mrs T no pals hehe

Reactions: maglil55 and DJC3

OzBlossom

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@annabell1 extra hugs - anniversaries can be so challenging and a year, or even a few years @DJC3 seems like only yesterday in grief.
@ianpspurs hope all are recovering quickly - sounds like you're living in a plague house!
@zauberflote hope you're back to fighting fit soon!

I'm sure this very strange year is taking an extra toll on us all.

Lunch Feast with Guest!: green leaf salad with 1tsp mixed seeds, smoked salmon, cottage cheese, 2 boiled eggs + 3pieces SF dark orange choc, 3 x keto friendly coffees
Dinner: protein meal shake with cashew milk + psyllium husk

Feasty mode blew the calories up to 910 :bag:, but net carbs were held at bay at 19g!:angelic:

Last edited: