1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

What have you eaten today?

Discussion in 'Low-carb Diet Forum' started by Administrator, Apr 20, 2015.

1. MrsA2

MrsA2 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

I do supplement magnesium :)
    Think this one was either visual or sugar related. It was the same day and time as one 2-3 weeks before that was caused by new glasses.

• Hug Hug x 2
  2. MrsA2

MrsA2 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

not posting food as have streaming cold. Normal service will resume soon I hope

• Hug Hug x 2
  3. valuator

valuator Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Yesterday (May 10th)

Breakfast: 0% Greek yogurt with strawberries, black coffee
    Lunch (12pm): Chicken fajita "bowl" with cheese and salsa (all homemade)
    Dinner (8pm): 4 pork ribs from Costco deli/rotisserie, dry rub (no sauce), roasted mushrooms stuffed with Boursin cheese
    Snack (11pm) - 1/4 cup peanuts, more 0% yogurt with blueberries

Lunch and evening walks totaled 8.4km

• Like Like x 2
  4. DJC3

DJC3 Type 2 · Expert

First meal at 3pm after lunchtime Hiit session in the park - it was cold and very wet and pretty miserable really and I was glad when it was over. Home to 2 airfried chicken thighs a spoonful of kimchi and 1/2 avocado.
    Dinner was LoDough pizza topped with chorizo, artichoke hearts, red pepper and olives. A few raspberries and 100% chocolate drops to follow.
    No yoghurt today, thanks to @Goonergal for pointing out the galactose effect. I’m hoping the horrible post meal spikes might calm down a bit now.

• Like Like x 3
  5. Onlinecaroline

Onlinecaroline · Well-Known Member

Breakfast - 3 eggs, butter, mashed.

Lunch - leftover aubergine lasagne and a sugar free jelly

Dinner - chicken curry, BareNaked rice and a poppadum

DGF cake and a square of chocolate

• Like Like x 5
  6. valuator

Could you or @Goonergal please link to that discussion on galactose if you could? For the life of me, I can't find it, and I am finding that I spike on 1/2 or 3/4 cup greek yogurt that only contains 6g carbs. Thanks :)

• Like Like x 1
  7. Riva_Roxaban

Riva_Roxaban Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Bacon and a cheese less mushroom omelette, some left over green veggies for breakfast.
    Chicken drumsticks for lunch, some low carb lemon jelly and greek yoghurt for lunch.
    Rib fillet and green veggies, gravy.

That's a low fibre menu.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Riva_Roxaban

Today's menu (Wednesday 12.05.2021) will be these liquid meals.

Breakfast at 07:30.

[​IMG]

Lunch at 13:00 pm, extra sides with this one from the Go-Kit

[​IMG]

For dinner at 15:00 pm, another of the Pico's where my eyes might be out of focus as well.

[​IMG]

I can have various liquid drinks such as black coffee, tea, clear soup, cordial and lelly (not green red or blue), upto 06:00 am on Thursday morning. By that time my insides will be sparkly clean ready for me to front up at the base hospital at 07:30 am for the procedure.

• Hug Hug x 6
  9. Rachox

Rachox Type 2 (in remission!) · Moderator
    Staff Member

Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries washed down with a black coffee.
    Late morning: black coffee and Fibre One caramel protein bar.
    Skipped lunch.
    Mid afternoon: black coffee and chocolate chia pudding.
    Dinner: bacon melts with roasted Mediterranean veggies followed by SF jelly, cream and LC chocolate and raspberry granola.

• Like Like x 5
  10. Antje77

Antje77 LADA · Moderator
    Staff Member

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. valuator

Thank you thank you!

• Like Like x 1
  12. Mrs T 123

Mrs T 123 Type 2 (in remission!) · Well-Known Member

Brunch - 2 eggs mashed up in a cup with butter and a little mayo. Mug of earl grey tea

Dinner - chicken & large salad. Raspberries on top of extra thick double cream with double cream drizzled over the top and grated 90% Lindtt on top. I got the creams for my DGF order but so far no sign of it being delivered tomorrow - hopefully not as late as Thursday like last week as I thought it was later because of the bank holiday but I don't know what has happened this week as they used to be delivered on a Tuesday which was ideal but I have not heard from them so I don't know what is happening - looks like nothing ...

• Like Like x 3
  13. julie56

julie56 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Breakfast, the usual mixed berries and yoghurt. Lunch 2 eggs scrambled with cheese and herbs, plus small apple quartered. Dinner was pot roast brisket with veg and cabbage.

• Like Like x 3
  14. DJC3

DJC3 Type 2 · Expert

15. Antje77

Antje77 LADA · Moderator
    Staff Member

On my PC I simply go to the thread I want to link and copy whatever is in the search bar to paste it wherever I want to post.
    If I want to link to a specific post I right click the number below a post to copy the link.

I have no idea how to do it on the app, but perhaps @searley knows, he uses the app :)

• Like Like x 2
    #44655 Antje77, May 12, 2021 at 10:46 AM
    Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2021
  16. valuator

Yesterday (May 11th)

Breakfast (8am): 5 small breakfast sausage links, black coffee
    Lunch (12pm): Chicken fajita "bowl" with cheese and salsa (all homemade)
    Snack (3pm): 0% Greek yogurt with strawberries, black coffee
    Dinner (6pm): 4 pork ribs from Costco deli/rotisserie, dry rub (no sauce), leftover chicken, peppers, and onion
    Snack (10pm) - A few spoonfuls of homemade Sloppy Joe sauce (ground beef and tomato paste, seasoning

Walked 6.67km, evenly divided between after lunch and late evening. YTD total of 585.82km.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Antje77

Antje77 LADA · Moderator
    Staff Member

I'm having an adventurous day today, foodwise :)

The plan was to have string beans (the flat and long ones, I get confused by google translate on the translations of different kinds of green coloured beans, feel free to enlighten me :)) and halloumi, but then I fried half the halloumi to eat on a slice of LC seed bread. So now there's not enough left for a decent meal.

I decided to make an experimental and adventurous filling for raw tomatoes to go with the beans and the leftover halloumi. This will involve eggs so I went over to my neighbour to ask for some eggs.
    When I came in he was just cooking some coot eggs he found so he asked if I wanted to try one. Coot eggs taste nice, but different from chicken eggs, very interesting!

I will update you on the exciting filled tomatoes, provided they turn out to be edible. :D

• Like Like x 4
  18. PenguinMum

PenguinMum Type 2 · Expert

Don’t envy you that Riva but needs must. Hope it all goes well for you.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  19. Rachox

Rachox Type 2 (in remission!) · Moderator
    Staff Member

Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries washed down with a black coffee.
    Late morning: black coffee and Fibre One caramel protein bar.
    Skipped lunch.
    Mid afternoon: black coffee and coffee chia pudding.
    Dinner: Balti chicken curry and cauliflower rice followed by SF jelly, cream and LC chocolate and raspberry granola.

• Like Like x 4
  20. Riva_Roxaban

People say Metformin is bad, this stuff leaves that in the dust for staying close to the toilet at home.

I took the three tablets with some low carb jelly, the drinks were pretty sour to the taste but palatable like putting a bit of salt on lemon.

• Hug Hug x 3
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook