What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Had a wonderful day and bought way too much!

Todays late evening meal was two slices of low carb bread with various toppings bought in Germany.
Second picture is everything I bought, good thing I made room in the fridge and freezer this morning! :hilarious:

View attachment 59738

View attachment 59739
What a wonderful haul! Glad the day went so well and that it made a lovely birthday for you.

saky

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
IMG_20230307_142027.jpg
Lunch - cauliflower rice with egg, kimchi, salad, pickled carrots and 20 peanuts

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Just had my breakfast of bacon and eggs. Took insulin - much less than normal because BG was very high so am hoping thqt will bring it down to a reasonable level. It's started dropping already so, again, keeping an eye on it.

2nd meal is going to have to be cold chicken with mushrooms and some salad.

Definitely giving up on bread - it's too unpredicatable. Reducing carbs as far as I can. We'll see how it helps BG this time, but mostly I am trying to protect my liver now as well.

Hands still painful and using them is proving to be a bit of an issue but I have ordered some fingerless compression gloves from Amazon and they might help.

plantae

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I've been on broth all day again today but today is chicken instead of beef
I was going to have a beer with dinner again but felt too sick after the first sip and put the opened can back in the fridge

Anyway, apart from being sick lots of things have changed. I'm using a dexcom now instead of libre for a start

Let's hope tomorrow is better 'cause I'm hungry but everytime I go to eat anything solid I don't feel well. So, for now, more broth (when I say I've had it for breakfast, lunch and dinner it doesn't mean I'm not eating more than that... I think I've had about 7 or 8 bowls today which is probably about the same as yesterday; I'm not counting how many bowls I have and haven't been filling in my food diary since Saturday, just having them "as required")

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Had a wonderful day and bought way too much!

Todays late evening meal was two slices of low carb bread with various toppings bought in Germany.
Second picture is everything I bought, good thing I made room in the fridge and freezer this morning! :hilarious:

View attachment 59738

View attachment 59739

What a great birthday bash. The best presents are ones you buy yourself!

filly

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Spicy food which is too hot. Nasty people who have no idea on your life journey but feel the need to comment and be cruel.
Coffee and cream x 2
German extrawurst tomato
Cod in Butter with mushrooms and tomato
Tea

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@plantae hope you start to feel better soon, glad you’re managing to keep broth down.
Today I had a late breakfast of open omelette/frittata containing spinach, mozzarella and a couple of cherry toms.
Lunch was tuna melt muffins and a DGF cake.
Dinner- shepherds pie made with minced hogget and cauli mash. Served with cabbage and a glass of red.
Black coffee all morning and black tea when out this aft.
IMG_2015.jpg

shelley262

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
10ish kefir with lemon zest
1.30ish mushroom omelette with kimchi and sauerkraut, small piece of OHs sharp green apple followed by two squares of 100% chocolate
5ish hunters chicken served on white organic cabbage served with small glass of red wine followed by a few frozen berries mixed with yoghurt.
IMG_20230307_170501.jpg

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
B: f greek with berries and chia seed. A nut bar
Actually got out for a stroll at lunchtime
Late lunch : pate on half an lc wrap and lettuce. A bit of cheese. 4 sqs raspberry 75% choc (too moreish)
D: beef slow cooked with celery, onions, carrots, served on cabbage for me and rice for hubby. Yoghurt and sugarfree jelly whip.

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Just had a third meal - some smoked salmon, some ham, some cheese, cucumber, lettuce and tomato. No dressing. Tea.

Only meant to have 2 meals today, but have been very hungry. BG has been well within range all day, apart from one dip to 3.8 mid afternoon.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries washed down with a black coffee.
Late morning: black coffee and phd bar.
Skipped lunch.
Mid afternoon: black coffee and DGF millionaires shortbread.
Dinner: Balti chicken curry with cauliflower rice followed by SF cherry jelly and cream.

F82391EF-7208-4288-AEF5-3519582E58C3.jpeg

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
BG's a bit on the high side this morning, and rising. I've taken a correction dose of insulin but only had tea so far and will wait until it comes down to a reasonable level before eating anything. When I do eat, it will be:

Breakfast: Bacon and eggs.

2nd meal: Fish "chowder" followed by stir fried cabbage and other veg with bits of Lorne sausage in it. Hoping the 2 courses won't be too many calories; certainly not much in the way of carbs.

RosemaryJackson

@plantae hope you start to feel better soon, glad you’re managing to keep broth down.
Today I had a late breakfast of open omelette/frittata containing spinach, mozzarella and a couple of cherry toms.
Lunch was tuna melt muffins and a DGF cake.
Dinner- shepherds pie made with minced hogget and cauli mash. Served with cabbage and a glass of red.
Black coffee all morning and black tea when out this aft. View attachment 59747
That looks absolutely delicious.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi All so back to yesterday. Usual brekkie slice LC toast and lots of tea.
Lunch was two slices ham, egg mayo, last finger of Shropshire Blue and two small plum tomatoes. Supper was stirfried chicken, chorizo and red pepper mixed into cauli rice. Involves the dance of the plates to decant my half to mix in Mr PM’ rice and then my bit back to the pan to mix in my cauli rice LOL
Today same brekkie. Lunch will be soup and cheese.
Suppee two plant burgers and two Portobello mushrooms.
@DJC3 you could photograph foods for cookery books!

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
BG's a bit on the high side this morning, and rising. I've taken a correction dose of insulin but only had tea so far and will wait until it comes down to a reasonable level before eating anything. When I do eat, it will be:

Breakfast: Bacon and eggs.

2nd meal: Fish "chowder" followed by stir fried cabbage and other veg with bits of Lorne sausage in it. Hoping the 2 courses won't be too many calories; certainly not much in the way of carbs.
Change of plan - I just checked the carb content of Lorne sausage and it is higher than I thought. Using Lorne sausage would put me over 20g carb by about 3 g, even if I cut it down to half the amount. So, I'll give the sausage a miss and give it to Alistair - the kids like it - and replace it with cheese. When we were eating a vegetarian diet we often had cabbage and cheese and enjoyed it. Didn't stop me gaining weight, however.

Just bought from Amazon a hand operated sausage stuffing gadget and will be having another go at making my own pork sausages - high fat and zero carb!

filly

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Spicy food which is too hot. Nasty people who have no idea on your life journey but feel the need to comment and be cruel.
Coffee and cream x 2
Tea
Sausage, bacon, eggs, tomato and mushroom
Cod Mushrooms and tomato butter
Small avocado

Last edited:

shelley262

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
10ish kefir with lemon zest.
1.30 fried some mushrooms in olive oil then added knob of butter and cooked two fried eggs all served on one slice of low carb toast (hilo) followed by a slice of OHs crisp green apple and then a LC not carrot cake.
5ish venison meatballs in hm passata and a few grammes of high protein low carb pasta and glass of red wine pudding some frozen berries mixed with yoghurt later planning a few squares of 100% chocolate with cup of decaffeinated coffee and cream.