What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Glad you’re feeling a bit better @ziggy_w

@Brunneria these look good, and simple. Still haven’t tried the corned beef thingy. I’ve bought a tin of corned beef but keep forgetting. It’s good to have a few different recipes in reserve, saves boredom setting in.
I bought corned beef today so the cheesy corned beef thingy is back on the menu either tomorrow or Monday (or both).

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Still 18:6 intermittent fasting - seems to be helping fbg

B: coffee and cream

L: halloumi, avocado, spinach and poached egg. Followed by Greek yoghurt and raspberries.

D: DD keto garam masala chicken ( have any of you tried this? It’s scrummy) with cauli rice, green salad, then 5 Hotel Chocolate buttons.

Have a good evening all.
I have and it is indeed a lovely curry. I also had DD naan with it. Didn't have the garlic butter with it but added nigella seeds. Tastes a bit like a potato scone.

Reactions: ziggy_w and DJC3

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@Brunneria your post made me laugh a lot. Thank you for a bit of sunshine on a gloomy and cold day.

L: ham avocado poached egg and mayo. Followed by Greek yoghurt and sf jelly. I grated 1 Hotel Choc 100% button on top which turned an ordinary bowlful into something decadent and delicious.

S: hungry this aft so a handful of brazils, then an individual (12g) portion of M&S mature cheddar.

D: in about 20mins will be DD roast belly pork with creamy cheesy cabbage. Probably a couple of Hotel Choc buttons later and maybe a G&T because its that sort of day.

Dr Snoddy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Trolls
B. 2 slices HiLo toast topped with avocado and mackerel pate. Black tea, black coffee.
Lunch
L. M and S nutty whole food salad, Greek yoghurt and apricots. (Cold lunch with snow falling outside - not very bright!)
Snack. Mixed nuts
Dinner
D. Tomato and basil soup. Prawn curry with cucumber raita. 2 squares lime and sea salt dark chocolate

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi All

Because that cheesy eggy corned beef thing has been popular, I thought I would dig out a recipe I used to love.

Low Carb Breakfast Balls.
They are a different formula ;) but have a similar deliciousness.
Good hot or cold, breakfast, snack or main.
Actually, the only reason I stopped making these was because Mr B couldn’t stop. I would make a whole tray, and they would just vaporise....
http://www.geniuskitchen.com/recipe/low-carb-breakfast-balls-98774

In the end I was making them in slabs, like meatloaf, because it was easier than forming bite sized meatballs that he would just inhale.
It's gone to copy me that. Their scotch eggs I'd make my favorite crumb with pork scratching and parmesan to crumb them. Another good grab and go though although when at home the cheesy corned beef egg thingy will take some beating.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I have and it is indeed a lovely curry. I also had DD naan with it. Didn't have the garlic butter with it but added nigella seeds. Tastes a bit like a potato scone.

Ooh will definitely look up the naan recipe.

I noticed while browsing the site today keto garlic bread- the photo looks lovely so think I’ll give that a go soon too.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
....i think next time I may dilute the cream (or the choc) with cold water (or booze :wacky: or orange juice :hungry:) as an experiment.

I think OJ would make the cream curdle wouldn’t it?

Motherhen2014

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
People shouting while on their phones.
This morning I had two talloos sausages 5 carbs for the two slices of low carb bread 3 carbs each tomatoes and mushrooms.

Lunch time a little lamb stew not much meat in it if any at all.

Supper a chocolate flavoured nut bar from Aldis 5 carbs

eggs11

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
B - 2 oatcakes with peanut butter
L - nori wraps made with houmous, grated carrot, cucumber and sun-dried tomatoes
D - marinated tofu pieces with roast mediterranean veg, 2 squares 85% dark chocolate
@Brunneria I have also been wrestling with a bored under-walked dog today - his walk was cut short as it was soooooo cold out there

LouWilk059

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
dishonesty, people who throw garbage out on to the streets,
B- coffee, DD porridge (added extra egg to mixture) with wild blueberries and extra cream. I find the original recipe only holds me for 3 hrs.
L- nothing
D- 1/4 lb ground beef patty with thick slice of jalapeño jack cheese on LC bun, southwest chopped salad (coleslaw mix with green onions, tomatoes, black olives).

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries and cream (carefully measured 2 tsp) washed down with a white coffee (still using almond milk to save calories and carbs)
Lunch: Skinny Café pancake with bacon and sugar free maple syrup followed by Greek yoghurt and raspberries.
Mid-afternoon: lemon chia pudding and black coffee.
Dinner: Chinese takeaway! Crispy duck, same as I had last Saturday which left my blood sugar down one mmol afterwards without the pancakes, so today I’ve had two pancakes, fingers crossed I’m ok. Followed this with one small scoop of Oppo.

EDIT to add that those 2 pancakes made a difference but not too bad, 5.3 before and 5.9 after two hours so within my personal preference for not going over 6 :)

Last edited:

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello all,

Thanks so much, @Goonergal and @DJC3 for your kind wishes. They definitely helped -- I felt so much better today and am finally looking forward to a night of uninterrupted sleep.

Breakfast: Two double decaffeinated espressos with cream and erythritol.

Lunch: A DD keto roll, one half with butter, the other half with chicken liver pate.

Early afternoon: Another double decaffeinated espresso with cream and erythritol, kale with merguez.

Dinner: Out at our favorite tapas place: Two glasses of wine, some manchego cheese and some roasted almonds.

No exercise today, same as during the last three days -- I have just not had any energy. Let's see if I am up to it tomorrow.

LouWilk059

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
dishonesty, people who throw garbage out on to the streets,
Fell off the LCHF waggon today. I felt a need for something sugary so ate a small KitKat this afternoon. Apart from that meals were all low carb. But I really enjoyed that treat!
I've done that. Sometimes you just have to say *** and go for it.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Fell off the LCHF waggon today. I felt a need for something sugary so ate a small KitKat this afternoon. Apart from that meals were all low carb. But I really enjoyed that treat!

I wouldn't necessarily call that off the wagon. I'd call it having a treat. Falling off the wagon, in my book, would be more like having a small KitKat, followed by a dozen more.

We're all human.

Reactions: maglil55 and DJC3

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Late from yesterday @Brunneria cheesy corned beef creation...easy, delicious and filling. This is a keeper and aside from coffee with cream was my only meal yesterday. Great recipe....doubt there is anyone here who hasn't tried it but if not....do!
Agreed! I've just had it again too with my usual additions of chopped red pepper, chorizo and hot sauce.

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Quick summary of my Italian holiday eating - then looking forward to catching up with all your posts. Nearly had extra time in Italy because of weather - very hairy and difficult journey back home by early hours very very cold but at least arrived back safe!
Breakfast in hotel mix of cheese, hams, scrambled eggs, fried ham, boiled eggs and coffee.
Lunch Italian meats and cheeses with walnuts and almonds and 85% choc ( highest could find when shopping)
Dinners la grilla! Had option at all restaurants to replace chips with grilled veggies including aubergine,courgette and fennel head and had in no particular order, lamb chops, half a chicken, pork steaks,fish, steak all served with a bottle of wine of course and followed by coffee. No fuss made at all low carb was a clear choice on menus. Would recommend Italy for low carbers......
Mind you I do need to also mention the myriad of Italian temptTions the biscuits/small cakes served with every coffee, the wonderful Easter displays in the chocolate shops and of course the Italian ice Cream! By keeping myself full managed to cope. My husband on the other hand indulged in pizzas, pastas, Italian breads and pastries etc and was complaining he’d put on half a stone this am. Feeling very smug at having lost a pound for first time ever on my holidays but seriously having felt full and that I’d eaten like a king with my luxury foods.
Hope you are all coping in cold weather will be back to posting again later today!

Last edited:
Reactions: maglil55 and DJC3

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@Brunneria your post made me laugh a lot. Thank you for a bit of sunshine on a gloomy and cold day.

L: ham avocado poached egg and mayo. Followed by Greek yoghurt and sf jelly. I grated 1 Hotel Choc 100% button on top which turned an ordinary bowlful into something decadent and delicious.

S: hungry this aft so a handful of brazils, then an individual (12g) portion of M&S mature cheddar.

D: in about 20mins will be DD roast belly pork with creamy cheesy cabbage. Probably a couple of Hotel Choc buttons later and maybe a G&T because its that sort of day.
Hi I often grate those buttons on to things including oppo vanilla ice cream it’s delicious good way of improving a plainer pud

Reactions: ziggy_w and DJC3