What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

Motherhen2014

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
People shouting while on their phones.
3 rashers of bacon two fried eggs, need to cut down on bacon.

At Cafe roast chicken dinner, no skin. One roast potato only ate half chicken and potato,one Yorkshire pudding,carrot cauliflower peas.

Strawberry Sundae

Tea salad no tomatoes leg of chicken no worries n.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
B: 1x SD mug tea with single cream; 1 x same with almond milk

20mins Nordic walking

MMS: Mug French vanilla coffee and double cream

L: 2 pint glass iced coffee with almond milk and single cream

MAS: Nothing not happy with fbg but 4.6 mid afternoon more to my liking

31 mins Moderate cardio ( 66%0) on static bike watching football

D:I Waitrose meaty Rib ( approx 350 gms raw) and Homemade LC barbeque sauce; Large Avocado salad (radish, lettuce, cucumber, cherry tomatoes, spring onions, cucumber ); Olive oil, cider vinegar and dijon mustard dressing; Homemade mayo

Dog walking

80 mls Gin; LC Tonic - (unsure about the G and T both as a drink and effect on fbg but see how it goes I predict a bounce in the morning so call it a scientific experiment)

500 gms Psyllium husk powder arrived so LC rolls will be made and tested

MMS = mid morning snack; MAS = mid afternoon snack SD = Sports direct

Last edited:
Reactions: maglil55

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
B: 1x SD mug tea with single cream; 1 x same with almond milk

20mins Nordic walking

MMS: Mug French vanilla coffee and double cream

L: 2 pint glass iced coffee with almond milk and single cream

MAS: Nothing not happy with fbg but 4.6 mid afternoon more to my liking

31 mins Moderate cardio ( 66%0) on static bike watching football

D:I Waitrose meaty Rib ( approx 350 gms raw) and Homemade LC barbeque sauce; Large Avocado salad (radish, lettuce, cucumber, cherry tomatoes, spring onions, cucumber ); Olive oil, cider vinegar and dijon mustard dressing; Homemade mayo

Dog walking

180 mls Gin; LC Tonic - (unsure about the G and T both as a drink and effect on fbg but see how it goes I predict a bounce in the morning so call it a scientific experiment)

500 gms Psyllium husk powder arrived so LC rolls will be made and tested

MMS = mid morning snack; MAS = mid afternoon snack SD = Sports direct
Good luck with the rolls

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Bed 6.3 FBG 6.1. Well been at new swimming lessons with the boys. They were complaining the pool was cold ; We were sweltering in the viewing area!
Went reasonably well and should have them knocked into the new routine by next week.
B. A fishy leftover of prawns and tuna from 2 days ago. Lettuce, 4 Santini tomatoes and 2 Walnuts. Tassimo Americano grande with a dash of cream.
L. Back from hearding cats (well it would be easier than dealing with the 2 boys with a new swimming pool and new routine). Glorious day so sitting in the garden with a campari and soda and a bowl of salami crisps. Oh how I love them. Hubby didn t want any so I was forced to eat them all.
D. Chicken cordon blue. Chicken is being filled with ham and grated gryuere. Crumb is a mix of ground pork scratching, parmesan and parsley.
Having with spinach , mushrooms and a mini cob.
So hot I will have to have Halo Top and raspberries. ( and I've just dislodged a filling. Ah well another dental appointment required).
I can honestly say that is the best pork scratching crumb I've made. Very tasty and very crisp. Mix of Mr Porky's Prime Cut scratching, parmesan and parsley. Started in frying pan then transferred to the oven.

Meant to say as well , when we were working our way around from the viewing gallery at the new pool (poolside) to the changing rooms a little girl rushed over to me with a beaming smile and said "wow, you're diabetic! So am I". She had spotted my Libre sensor and she was proudly showing off hers. I felt like a member of some happy club she was so excited to see another Libre wearing diabetic.

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening all another wonderful day in the sunshine
Breakfast didn’t get my usual slice of bacon as raced round Morrison’s a few days ago - don’t normally shop there - and grabbed old English bacon as looked like what I buy from other supermarkets and then when home read the label at the back - on front no mention of sweetcure but on nutrition it was packed with sugar! Teach me to not believe headline on front of packet!
So had Waitrose 97% sausage, egg and mushroom
Lunch cheese and celery
Mid afternoon took tea and coffee and walnut cake in the garden
Dinner gin and soda with salami crisps, slow cooked beef brisket, braised celery and cauliflower cheese followed by last portion low carb tiramisu glass of dry red for later....
Bruise slowly fading building up my blood supplies for what looks likely to be another blood draw on Wednesday morning ,

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Lovely day here too. We are still trying to tidy and declutter for the Est agt photographer who is coming in Wed. 1st viewings next Sat. Spent most of the day in the garden which has been sadly neglected for a year, but a very enjoyable day.

B: supposed to be bacon and egg but I forgot the bacon under the grill until the house filled with smoke and the smoke alarm went off. Instead had poached egg with avocado and spinach.

L: Homemade smoked mackerel pate in lettuce boats. Used Lidl smoked mackerel but it was full of bones, will be going back to M&S or Sainsburys in future. Greek yoghurt with a couple of strawberries.

D: pork chop with halloumi ( done on bbq) with cauli and broccoli cheese.
@shelley262 how do you make your cauli cheese? I tried just warming cream and cheese together which was fine initially but I put it over the veg and kept it warm until the rest of the clan arrived, about 10 min and it went a bit runny. Glad the mega bruise is fading.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Arrived at the seaside this afternoon, left home after lunch :happy:
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries and cream (2 tsp) washed down with a black coffee.
Lunch: cold roast chicken, raw cauliflower & broccoli with pork scratchings followed by Greek yoghurt and blueberries.
Mid-afternoon: Black coffee in a café with a smuggled in phd chocolate bar.
Dinner: carvery at a Brewers Fayre, turkey, beef, cauli cheese, root mash, peas and gravy, one tiny roast potato and a tiny bit of Yorkshire pud. Adonis bar and black coffee back in our room.
Blood sugar was a bit high for me pre dinner at 6.3, being out in the sun all afternoon’s done that I reckon, did that a few times last summer I remember :( Sitting in our air con hotel room now hoping that my post prandial reading’s not too bad.

vanillapie

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all!

Had an awful stomachache all day so only been able to manage some low carb breadsticks today.

Going to a food festival with the other half tomorrow and feeling very apprehensive and a little sad as there will likely be very little I can eat. Pretty gutted I won't be able to have a gourmet ice cream in the sun on bank holiday! Still not really used to LCHF yet so wishing I could just eat 'normally' with the people I care about in times like this. Considering having a 'day off' but think I'd be too anxious about my sugars as they've been a little high the last few days. Oh well.

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Lovely day here too. We are still trying to tidy and declutter for the Est agt photographer who is coming in Wed. 1st viewings next Sat. Spent most of the day in the garden which has been sadly neglected for a year, but a very enjoyable day.

B: supposed to be bacon and egg but I forgot the bacon under the grill until the house filled with smoke and the smoke alarm went off. Instead had poached egg with avocado and spinach.

L: Homemade smoked mackerel pate in lettuce boats. Used Lidl smoked mackerel but it was full of bones, will be going back to M&S or Sainsburys in future. Greek yoghurt with a couple of strawberries.

D: pork chop with halloumi ( done on bbq) with cauli and broccoli cheese.
@shelley262 how do you make your cauli cheese? I tried just warming cream and cheese together which was fine initially but I put it over the veg and kept it warm until the rest of the clan arrived, about 10 min and it went a bit runny. Glad the mega bruise is fading.
Funny we both missed out on our bacon!
Good luck with estate agent and viewings.
I do cauliflower cheese using @Goonergal s easy method. I briefly par boil, put in oven proof dish add a bit of cream, salt and pepper, grate cheese on the top and cook in oven till brown about 40mins at about 180 fan whilst rest of family’s roast potatoes are cooking! @maglil55 suggested a dd recipe which looks lovely too and uses broccoli for the sauce which presumably thickens it but as this easy method works for me I’ve stuck with it.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I can honestly say that is the best pork scratching crumb I've made. Very tasty and very crisp. Mix of Mr Porky's Prime Cut scratching, parmesan and parsley. Started in frying pan then transferred to the oven.

Meant to say as well , when we were working our way around from the viewing gallery at the new pool (poolside) to the changing rooms a little girl rushed over to me with a beaming smile and said "wow, you're diabetic! So am I". She had spotted my Libre sensor and she was proudly showing off hers. I felt like a member of some happy club she was so excited to see another Libre wearing diabetic.

The only time I have seen another Libre "in the wild" was months ago, in Tesco. The woman wearing it hadn't been diagnosed T1 long, and she was on a trial, but really seemed pretty clueless on how to get the best out of it.

It seemed such a shame really.

Mongolia

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
B: coffee & cream
L: out with family to a carvery which I have realised is a really good meal out option for diabetics. Starter was help yourself buffet so had mozzarella, egg, prawns, pate, smoked mackerel and some rocket. For main I had turkey, gammon, chipolata sausages, cauliflower cheese, cabbage and gravy. There were lots of other veggies on offer and it was easy to avoid the potato and yorkshire pudding. No dessert in the restaurant but did have a lovely glass of Malbec:hungry:

Had then taken these brownies round to have with late afternoon cuppa: http://www.sugarfreelikeme.com/2014/02/low-carb-brownies.html though only used half a cup of sweetener which was more than enough. They were really tasty.

Reactions: maglil55

JMcB

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
IMG_1525641316.308365.jpg

My first Keto pizza. Yummy!!!

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Funny we both missed out on our bacon!
Good luck with estate agent and viewings.
I do cauliflower cheese using @Goonergal s easy method. I briefly par boil, put in oven proof dish add a bit of cream, salt and pepper, grate cheese on the top and cook in oven till brown about 40mins at about 180 fan whilst rest of family’s roast potatoes are cooking! @maglil55 suggested a dd recipe which looks lovely too and uses broccoli for the sauce which presumably thickens it but as this easy method works for me I’ve stuck with it.

Yes, strange and annoying that we were both baconless!
Thanks for the cauli cheese recipe, it’s loads easier than the ‘roux’ method I used to make with flour so that’s another feather in the cap for lchf!

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
B: coffee & cream
L: out with family to a carvery which I have realised is a really good meal out option for diabetics. Starter was help yourself buffet so had mozzarella, egg, prawns, pate, smoked mackerel and some rocket. For main I had turkey, gammon, chipolata sausages, cauliflower cheese, cabbage and gravy. There were lots of other veggies on offer and it was easy to avoid the potato and yorkshire pudding. No dessert in the restaurant but did have a lovely glass of Malbec:hungry:

Had then taken these brownies round to have with late afternoon cuppa: http://www.sugarfreelikeme.com/2014/02/low-carb-brownies.html though only used half a cup of sweetener which was more than enough. They were really tasty.

I like the look of the brownies. I’d only just found the perfect brownie recipe ( from Hummingbird bakery) before diagnosis so wish I’d eaten a few more then!
This might make up for the lack now though.

Reactions: ianpspurs

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all. Didn’t get to post yesterday. Out in the sun all day yesterday.

Woke up a bit hungry so had a rare breakfast of the corned beef eggy thing before setting out on what turned out to be a marathon walk and a totally amazing day. Started by walking to the Blackheath entrance to Greenwich Park. This involves a very long and steep hill: this time last year I had to stop to catch my breath several times. Yesterday straight up breathing normally.

Wandered down into Greenwich and then meandered along the river to Tower Bridge where I was meeting some others for a photo safari. The Thames walk was much longer than anticipated - clocked up over 36,000 steps - and I discovered some amazing places, some not that far from my place. Great photo ops and a wonderful way to spend the day.

“Dinner” was actually Linner. Had planned Nando’s but branch I identified was closed so ended up in Cote Brassiere. Went for half a chargrilled chicken with garlic butter and a green salad in place of the frites. Was presented with the dessert menu and after a long internal debate experimented with the dark chocolate mousse. Bit too sweet but only a 1.1 mmol rise so not too bad.

Small bag of almonds (25g) in pub later.