What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Evenin’

Bacon and eggs in cafe (lovely buttery eggs)

Then got so busy doing a Bay Window Deep Clean that i didn’t think about lunch, but popped to garden centre with Mr B at 3pm. He wanted a cake, and i fell for the summer fruit meringue roulade. It was basically a sliver layer of meringue rolled around a massive slice of unsweetened whipped cream, with 3 raspberries and one blueberry. Haha! I left almost all the meringue, gave all but 1 raspberry and the blueberry to Mr B and happily troughed on whipped cream with a hint of sweetness and fruit.

There is a lamb half shoulder in the IP as I type. Really looking forward to it.

jayney27

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening all, just home from a very long distance shopping trip, I stupidly wore new boots and suffered for my vanity! I have very achy feet and higher numbers than I’ve seen since testing began, I think it may be penance for wearing the boots and an early showing of my oopage moment lol
All in aid of my partners birthday so I mustn’t complain, too much hehe

Coffee with cream this morning before our long drive
Starbucks cappuccino and scrambled egg box of delights, this was actually ok and 6.9g carbs obviously the cappuccino was a lot more!
Late afternoon a cafe Nero Cappuccino, thankfully their small size has a lot fewer carbs
D was a naked burger and salad, ok so far, that is probably where I should have stopped, yes you’ve guessed it, I didn’t stop, I had a mini dessert, pecan cheesecake and a dairy free coconut ice cream 5.6 at first bite, 8.4!!!! At 2hrs, that’s a serious oopage moment @ianpspurs if ever there was one

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi all

Lovely autumn day here too, @shelley262 resulting in very long canalside walk. Almost ended with a new sofa from John Lewis (Ikea’s loss will be their gain) but decided to mull it over as predictably the one I like best is the most expensive one. Did manage to avoid buying any more clothes!

@maglil55 well done on the Hotel Chocolat order. I’ll be interested to hear how the 100% batons are: although no sugar in them the carb content is higher than the 85% batons.

Walk also resulted in an OMAD day. Just had a large dinner of Asda Extra Special lamb chump roast with garlic, sea salt, black pepper and rosemary. Delicious. Followed by 50g roasted, salted macadamias and now a large mug of tea with cream.
According to their site the carbs are zero on the 100%. Presume they are talking net carbs (not that I could eat 100g of 100% anyway)

Reactions: ziggy_w

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening all, just home from a very long distance shopping trip, I stupidly wore new boots and suffered for my vanity! I have very achy feet and higher numbers than I’ve seen since testing began, I think it may be penance for wearing the boots and an early showing of my oopage moment lol
All in aid of my partners birthday so I mustn’t complain, too much hehe

Coffee with cream this morning before our long drive
Starbucks cappuccino and scrambled egg box of delights, this was actually ok and 6.9g carbs obviously the cappuccino was a lot more!
Late afternoon a cafe Nero Cappuccino, thankfully their small size has a lot fewer carbs
D was a naked burger and salad, ok so far, that is probably where I should have stopped, yes you’ve guessed it, I didn’t stop, I had a mini dessert, pecan cheesecake and a dairy free coconut ice cream 5.6 at first bite, 8.4!!!! At 2hrs, that’s a serious oopage moment @ianpspurs if ever there was one
Single figures - it's a fair distance from oopage. Partner's birthdays don't count for averages - well known fact:angelic:

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
According to their site the carbs are zero on the 100%. Presume they are talking net carbs (not that I could eat 100g of 100% anyway)

Interesting. On the site the fibre content is 29g - that’s what I remember the label on the back of the box saying for carbs when I saw them in the shop. Makes much more sense for it to be fibre and perhaps a printing error on the label. I did ask the assistant but she didn’t know anything about carb content. They sound promising.

Reactions: maglil55 and DJC3

jayney27

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Interesting. On the site the fibre content is 29g - that’s what I remember the label on the back of the box saying for carbs when I saw them in the shop. Makes much more sense for it to be fibre and perhaps a printing error on the label. I did ask the assistant but she didn’t know anything about carb content. They sound promising.
I just double checked the label on the 85% 22g carbs 19g Fiber Per 100g

xfieldok

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Best thing I ate today was my first hotel Chocolat 100 pc button. They arrived yesterday after 3 weeks wait. Other than that a couple of coffees, pork chop, a couple of rollitos and olives for dinner. I also had a go at a mug of hot chocolate using Dutch cocoa, sweetener, vanilla essence, hot water and double cream. Not perfect but it has possibilities.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening everyone, it was a
Lovely day here too.

B: DD English muffin topped with mashed avocado and a poached egg. Coffee, cream.

L: tin of mackerel in olive oil with salad of leaves, avocado, walnuts, chia seeds and acv dressing. Lemon drizzle cake then coffee and a tiny bit of Montezumas black, then another slightly larger bit. Half the bar has now mysteriously disappeared.

MAS Costa coffee with cream

D: Beef brisket cooked in IP with roasted sprouts. I cooked it in stock I made yesterday and added an aubergine. When the beef was done I used a stick blender in the sauce - the aubergine thickened it and gave a lovely velvety texture.
A pot of IP egg custard with a couple of raspberries. Worked really well in the little pots, I’m so glad they arrived today. Thanks for the recipe link @shelley262 I agree these are great.

@maglil55 I didn’t have an IP when you first started posting about your creme brulee but I’m an addict now, which recipe do you use? Also could you repost your monkfruit supplier please?

@jayney27 sounds like it was a good day and worth the brief oopage.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I also had a go at a mug of hot chocolate using Dutch cocoa, sweetener, vanilla essence, hot water and double cream. Not perfect but it has possibilities.

Hmmm that does sound like it has possibilities, think I’ll try it later. I don’t have Dutch cocoa though - I think @ianpspurs mentioned it recently too - is it super low carb? I use Lidl which is quite low (8.7g carbs/100g)

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I know I could - and have. Hence all remaining chocolate (bar the 100% drops which don’t seem to call my name so often) has been banished to the freezer out of immediate sight and reach.

There’s something about the snap when you break a bit off a bar isn’t there?

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening everyone, it was a
Lovely day here too.

B: DD English muffin topped with mashed avocado and a poached egg. Coffee, cream.

L: tin of mackerel in olive oil with salad of leaves, avocado, walnuts, chia seeds and acv dressing. Lemon drizzle cake then coffee and a tiny bit of Montezumas black, then another slightly larger bit. Half the bar has now mysteriously disappeared.

MAS Costa coffee with cream

D: Beef brisket cooked in IP with roasted sprouts. I cooked it in stock I made yesterday and added an aubergine. When the beef was done I used a stick blender in the sauce - the aubergine thickened it and gave a lovely velvety texture.
A pot of IP egg custard with a couple of raspberries. Worked really well in the little pots, I’m so glad they arrived today. Thanks for the recipe link @shelley262 I agree these are great.

@maglil55 I didn’t have an IP when you first started posting about your creme brulee but I’m an addict now, which recipe do you use? Also could you repost your monkfruit supplier please?

@jayney27 sounds like it was a good day and worth the brief oopage.
How long did you cook the egg custards for in the little pots? I’ve just ordered some of them as planning on yoghurt this week but like ideaof small egg custards too! I meant to say used some of the vanilla extract youkindly gave me in the custards. I love the custards and so easy to make.

Reactions: DJC3

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries and cream washed down with a black coffee.
Lunch: rolled lamb belly roasted with rosemary and garlic with mixed veggies and one tiny roast potato followed by SF jelly with cream and LC chocolate granola.
Mid afternoon: raspberry phd bar and black coffee.
Tea at ILs: cold meat, cheese and salad buffet followed by one Jaffa cake!

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
All you IPers @DCUKMod @DJC3 @ianpspurs @shelley262 @maglil55 @Brunneria (hope I haven’t missed anyone), this pic came up on my Facebook feed.

8A258F6F-5FBD-4C10-9A41-03726493A9BD.jpeg

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Sunny here too but it was freezing since yesterday evening as we had a frost overnight...I ended up sneaking down to turn the heating on, and had an early morning coffee with cream and truvia to help warm me up.

Lunch was left over spicy prawn, broccoli, mangetout and sugar snap stir fry, followed by some gooey hazelnut chocolate muffin with a big dollop of Halo Top Vanilla Bean (very tasty, posh sounding) ice cream. Raspberry & redcurrant herbal tea.

Dinner - lamb burger and fried aubergine with a spicy yoghurt with mint, and lime "sauce". For pudding I cooked rhubarb in butter with ginger, orange juice & zest - and a surprise ingredient of some ground hazelnuts which had taken up residence in a nearly empty packet of Sukrin Gold which I was using as sweetener; served up with a small spoonful of Clotted cream. I thought I'd wrecked it but apart from being a bit gloopy it tasted fine! Followed by cinnamon tea , water and some Lindt 85% chocolate.