What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@ianpspurs congrats on those results, hugs for puppy accident and your LC diet trials and doubts.
Thanks. Whilst hugs are gratefully received not needed in this case. Grazes are fine. I need to concentrate more on where the lead and pups are. As for woe, I just need things to do what they say on the tin - surely not too much to expect? Nice photos btw.

Last edited:
Reactions: jjraak

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I am so happy. Really really happy.

Have just had a phone call from my Norwich venue. Have got the OK to start back in September. So back to some sort of normality. Such good news.

geefull

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good afternoon all :)

4.4 today

quite warm here but not as warm as other places were threatened with thankfully :)

over to mum's today and we all sat and had lunch in the garden whilst Katy ran up and down (felt tired watching her :hilarious: )

Lots of visitors about in the warm weather but we've had a quietish afternoon, mr gee potted on some plants and I made a couple of jars of jam, haven't done that in a lot of years :D
It's for mum, she used to make home made jam every year but can't do it now. A mixture of strawberry and pink gooseberry turned out the most beautiful ruby red shade and there was enough for a small jar for mr. gee too ;)

Hope your day is treating you kindly :)

@ianpspurs - pleased for your results, sorry for the scrapes and dings :)

@dunelm - neat script very nicely embellished by your plum blossom and what a great idea that things are more beautiful when the scars incurred in a life well lived are honoured :)

@gennepher - happy bidding ;)
It's a lovely treescape with it's path forward into the dappled sunlight and deep and inviting shade :)

@Muddy Cyclist - glad you managed a 'sing' :) and what looks like a wonderful ride today ;)
Interesting start to your tree work and I look forward to seeing how you work forward from your underpainting :)

Art bit

As you know I occasionally like to try something inspired by an image seen online (usually on Pinterest), this one is after a painter called Kurt Jackson, a different way of dealing with the foreground
upload_2020-8-7_17-44-2.jpeg

Reactions: karen8967

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

4.4 today

quite warm here but not as warm as other places were threatened with thankfully :)

over to mum's today and we all sat and had lunch in the garden whilst Katy ran up and down (felt tired watching her :hilarious: )

Lots of visitors about in the warm weather but we've had a quietish afternoon, mr gee potted on some plants and I made a couple of jars of jam, haven't done that in a lot of years :D
It's for mum, she used to make home made jam every year but can't do it now. A mixture of strawberry and pink gooseberry turned out the most beautiful ruby red shade and there was enough for a small jar for mr. gee too ;)

@dunelm - neat script very nicely embellished by your plum blossom and what a great idea that things are more beautiful when the scars incurred in a life well lived are honoured :)

It's a lovely treescape with it's path forward into the dappled sunlight and deep and inviting shade :)

@Muddy Cyclist - glad you managed a 'sing' :) and what looks like a wonderful ride today ;)
Interesting start to your tree work and I look forward to seeing how you work forward from your underpainting :)

Art bit

As you know I occasionally like to try something inspired by an image seen online (usually on Pinterest), this one is after a painter called Kurt Jackson, a different way of dealing with the foreground
View attachment 43180
Thanks. Jam making - that brings back memories. Yellow egg (yellow Pershore plum) was a favourite in The Fens - for all the world like apricot - went very well with croissant in both UK and a Dordogne morning (all real Fenmen holiday there). 33 C here - slows the pups a tad but they love ice cubes. Feeling the love for today's artwork.

Last edited:

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@gennepher Silk painting, it's been a long time since I did any of that, I honestly have no idea where I'm going with this it's going to be as March as a surprise to me as other forum members.

@geefull interesting style you have experimented with. I like those colours and effect. However I think you own style is very effective and possibly works better.

lindisfel

Expert
Peaked a c.22 here today, similar to yesterday.
Just nice.
Forecast 13 overnight.

We went and patrolled the western end of the Wall again to make sure none of Nicola's moss troopers were taking our sheep across in boats at high tide. :)

Only marauder we saw was an Osprey that came across from the Scottish side to get a decent sized fish that it hoped to save from the haaf nets used to catch the salmon.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Peaked a c.22 here today, similar to yesterday.
Just nice.
Forecast 13 overnight.

We went and patrolled the western end of the Wall again to make sure none of Nicola's moss troopers were taking our sheep across in boats at high tide. :)

Only marauder we saw was an Osprey that came across from the Scottish side to get a decent sized fish that it hoped to save from the haaf nets used to catch the salmon.
It may yet get renamed Nicola's wall if she gets it in her mind to rebuild it, I'm sure she must ready have had such thoughts. :joyful:

Reactions: ianpspurs

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

4.4 today

Art bit

View attachment 43180

Thank you for the painting compliment @geefull

That foreground effect makes it look like a stony beach to me, with the spray of the waves crashing on the pebbles.
It is an effective painting.

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
7.20am FBG 5.4
Yesterday morning was hard physical labour on a very hot day. Attempting to level the ground where digger had been working, so lots of shovelling, raking and moving wheelbarrows full of earth about. We were both covered up from ankle to neck in an attempt to avoid the nasty biting flies, but somehow one got inside my jeans. Several itchy red lumps as a result. We gave up about 2pm. It was simply too hot to carry on.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
7.20am FBG 5.4
Yesterday morning was hard physical labour on a very hot day. Attempting to level the ground where digger had been working, so lots of shovelling, raking and moving wheelbarrows full of earth about. We were both covered up from ankle to neck in an attempt to avoid the nasty biting flies, but somehow one got inside my jeans. Several itchy red lumps as a result. We gave up about 2pm. It was simply too hot to carry on.
I gave a winner for BG and your effort in all the heat. Hug for those nasty flies biting you.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
7.20am FBG 5.4
Hugs for the flies and hot weather making it difficult.
I hate those horse flies @SlimLizzy There the ones that bite me here when I am at Country Fair. Take care.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.5

Temp 36.1

Too hot here.Grey cloud cover. Temp in my bedroom, all night, 24 C despite fans. Temp outside only dropped to 18 C in the night. I noticed my outdoors thermometer showed 28 C at some point during the day.

My body is working between dead slow and stop this morning....

Trying to keep cat cool as well. He has been ill in previous years when it's been hot, and I have wrapped a wet cloth or babies body warmer when he's had heatstroke.

I have been using my portable usb fans on the cat this year.

9F55B47C-DC4B-48A5-9214-86089DEAD623.jpeg 9754F6D3-8CF5-4B39-B8BD-0A9C8945D00F.jpeg

Last edited:

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
My daily painting challenge painting for today is in Procreate.
The problems is these kind of digital paintings me 3 to 4 hours. On the iPad. Some days I love doing it for this long. Other days, eg in this heat, I fall asleep doing them. The danger then is me or the cat accidentally deleting them, as I fall asleep holding the iPad. I am still holding it when I wake up...so far...

This one is similar to one I did earlier in the year but with real soft soft pastels on Ingres paper or card. I was trying to see if I could create something similar digitally. I didn't enjoy doing it as much. And didn't like it when I had finished. I had taken about 3 hours. (Cat woke me at 2 am, he was hungry, so bye bye sleep for me).

So I popped 3 silhouettes of birds on the sun. I think it looked better with that.

4957C536-A931-411F-BD28-34C0463D6219.jpeg

Last edited:

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Yesterday I mentioned a lot about me bidding for postcards on eBay. I won my first 3 bids, simply by waiting last possible moment to bid. I appear to be bidding against the same person at the moment, last week and this week, and I won all my bids, bar the one that this person had bid against me (by bidding at very last moment and showing no interest at all before then on the item), bar the one where this same bidder had bid at the very last moment.

4th and 5th bid, I did bid on them but I had decided to let this person win those, and this person won won those two.

6th bid I really wanted. So I am waiting to near the end of the bidding. But life got in the way. My friend Whats Apped me and needed to talk (text) urgently about her dog with end of life cancer. She was in bits. So it was either abandon the bid on these postcards, or show my hand far too soon. I went for the latter option. So I placed a high bid. Then immediately doubled that as a reserve it could go up to. Then doubled it again. This was far far far too much money if I won. But it took less than a minute to do, then I concentrated on my friend.

A couple of hours later, I looked in eBay to see who had won the bid. Guess what, the other same person who is bidding against me on everything at the moment had won the bid. He had doubled my silly high price on this item. I have no idea of the last minute dynamics on this (that is half the fun in this bidding war), but this person probably thought I was still bidding live at the last few minutes on this one.

But when I checked the postcard seller, he had added some new items on to his site which was buy only (no bidding needed). And they were a ridiculously low price (the posting and packing costs 3 times the price of the postcards!). But I already had an agreement with the seller this week, that he would combine all my won bids and send them by carrier instead of Royal Mail, thus making the postage a bare fraction of what it could have been. I just have to wait an extra few days, that is all. So I contacted the seller again and asked if he could combine the postage of these new items with those I had already won/purchased this week. A reply came back immediately, yes he said. So I ordered. I now have a hundreds of new postcards of British scenery for a fraction of the price I would have paid for those 100 in that abortive bid yesterday.

An incredible win win situation for me. So, I didn't lose out yesterday!

So far in my bidding, I have spent far less than the full price postcards I was paying for pre coronavirus.

I intend doing Postcrossing for quite awhile yet,

Next week might be my last week to bid, and this guy is bidding against me today and next week. Then I stop, I only have so much space to store them. Also, these postcards for me, I have the possibility of selling them on eBay maybe when these appears to be a shortage of postcards here.

If not, then I can see this scenario on the reading of my will in the solicitor's office.
My children, "Where is our inheritance? Where is Mum's money?"
The solicitor. "To the eldest child, crates number 1 to 50 (in the garage) of postcards. To the middle child, the next set of 50 numbered crates of postcards. To the youngest child, the last set of 50 crates of postcards."

:)

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I know what you said that word is, but I tried google translate camera and it came up with 'gold' 'wire' 'money'!
Beautifully neat writing combined with cherry blossom!
Good old google translate - you should see what bizarre random lists of words it displays when translating Thai.
Thank you for the compliment on the neat writing - it seemed to take forever and a ruler was involved.