1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2019 »
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by HarrisonK, Apr 24, 2019.

1. Debandez

Debandez Type 2 (in remission!) · Well-Known Member

No you are amazing @karen8967

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
  2. Debandez

I feel fab. Very healthy. Blessing in disguise my t2d.

• Like Like x 5
  3. Debandez

Be my guest! So much more I could have added but I thought this was enough for one post. Even though its the 'full on chat ' thread haha.

• Like Like x 4
  4. Shas3

Shas3 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Fabulous

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. karen8967

karen8967 Type 1 · Expert

You've made me blush debs

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 3
  6. Debandez

Thank you, what a lovely reply @ianpspurs but I would expect nothing less from you as you are so lovely. I'm a people person. Love helping, if and when I can. Yes my mum most certainly is my guiding light. My dad has a lot to do with me appreciating life too as he passed away very suddenly at 54 (I was 21 and my sister only 11) whilst on the list for a heart op. He got his appointment through in the post....way too late sadly.

I'm loving LC and it really suits me. Bs wise but also weight loss. 4 stone loss! Still have to pinch myself. I've done diets in the past and yo yo'd but this works for me. I haven't posted these pics before. The slim one is my latest. The trevi fountain one was May 2017, just 6 months before dx. The thing is I didn't feel big. I'm very tall you see and thought I carried my 14 stone 7lb quite well. This photo tells me I should have gone to specsavers. ;-)

• Like Like x 5
    • Hug Hug x 1
  7. Debandez

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
  8. PenguinMum

PenguinMum Type 2 · Well-Known Member

I should be reading Jamaica Inn shouldnt I? Instead I settled down to Trisha Ashley’s Creature Comforts and ended up also flicking through the Cornwall Living magazine in the room. There is a great set of books about a Cornish artist and her success in helping her on/off friend the local DC solving crimes but I have read them all. The author is Janie Bolitho who is no longer with us. Hope you and the KC are good. Poor B and D at the cattery probably havent come out from under the rug.

• Like Like x 5
    • Friendly Friendly x 3
  9. PenguinMum

PenguinMum Type 2 · Well-Known Member

@Debandez just wow re the photos. You should be rightly proud of yourself and what you have achieved. You really are our poster girl and you are so giving to help others. Round of applause doesnt quite cut it! Fabulous girl!

• Friendly Friendly x 5
    • Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. HarrisonK

HarrisonK Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Well, just got back, the motorway was awful but we just took it steady. It's my friends car but I am on the insurance as she hates driving, especially long distances. At least that's done for a month or so :)

Scarier was my bloods. I made sure I was high enough to drive back (I was 5.8 on the way up) by eating some carbs. Set off on 8.2 but just took mybloods and I'm 3.1 :wideyed: It dropped that fast in 1.45 hours. I think I need to stop and check at the services in future.

• Hug Hug x 7
    • Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. karen8967

This is how ive felt today FB_IMG_1560271551371.jpg

• Funny Funny x 8
    • Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Debandez

Poster girl! I wish Haha. People like you @PenguinMum are the real stars. Helping so many every day. Replying to individuals, lifting people who are down, encouraging those who need it, advising where you can and all that whilst fighting your own battles. I take my hat off to you. The PR team just keep wheeling me out! I love it if it helps our cause. We will get there but I always say it's a team effort on this forum. I've had my hands full for a few months. Special needs BIL needing lots of support. Getting there but a way to go. Tomorrow I'm in my surgery. Got my own room. Diabetes week. I will report back as always. Just going to prep my handouts. Have a good night xxx

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    #3172 Debandez, Jun 11, 2019 at 7:14 PM
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2019
  13. SaskiaKC

SaskiaKC Type 2 · Well-Known Member

You are a good friend, @HarrisonK . I am hoping to find someone to drive me to the little town I'm thinking about moving to. It will be a long day trip -- two hours there and two back and I'd like to spend a couple there looking around. And interstate, = motorway, only about halfway.

• Like Like x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  14. SaskiaKC

SaskiaKC Type 2 · Well-Known Member

I have not heard of Janie Bolitho before. I will have to see if I can find her books.

Can the people at the cattery text you a pic of your girls so you can see what they're up to? I'm glad they have each other under that rug. ^. .^. .^

• Like Like x 5
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
  15. Shas3

Shas3 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Day started with 6.7, which is lower than 6.9 yesterday... and well i was munching on nuts at midnight.. so it is not strictly a “fasting” number. Anyway... Wednesday... mid-week... happy Wednesday everyone...

• Like Like x 10
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. gennepher

gennepher Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Fbg 9.9 at 5:30 am
    Not bad since I have a Cochlear Hospital appointment at 8am.
    Nearly an hours drive in this torrential rain, and then on the Expressway. Would have liked to do the less busy roads, but no time to do this with this early appointment. I just hope the speeding long wagons are not there trying to make the Holyhead ferry in Anglesey. I hate them. It is so dangerous. The police used to crack down on them (I haven’t seen that recently), but quite a few have no number plates so they can’t be caught by speed cameras. They scare me.

It’s 6 am now, had my coffee. Am woken up. So dress and breakfast.

Take care in this rain x

>^..^<

• Like Like x 8
    • Hug Hug x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. trick60

trick60 Type 2 (in remission!) · Well-Known Member

Good morning folks, a 5.7 on the dice, hope your appointment goes well and they sort your implant out @gennepher, I've driven across to Holyhead for the ferry many times in the past, safe journey.

• Winner Winner x 8
    • Like Like x 4
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  18. HarrisonK

HarrisonK Type 2 · Well-Known Member

5.8 and an early appointment at the docs for a general review. I'm not overly worried as my health seems ok lately apart from not losing weight. There are worse things in the world so I am grateful for 'where' I am. Hope you all have a great day :)

I love driving, even in countries that refuse to drive on the correct side of the road ;):) I know a lot of people on the spectrum who won't/can't drive, my wife being one of them, so I value the fact that it is one of the things I love in life. Always up for a road trip :)

• Winner Winner x 8
    • Like Like x 7
  19. karen8967

5.2 for me have a good day everyone

• Winner Winner x 9
    • Like Like x 6
  20. Bubbsie

Bubbsie Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Hope all goes smoothly with the appointment gennepher...I remember our journeys to Holyhead (thankfully on the train) the start of our travel to Dublin...onto the ferry & as sick as a dog on the crossing.

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook