What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I love your indoor socks !
And the cranes. They are wonderful @dunelm

I do believe it is Wednesday and not Tuesday, unless you have bought shares in the Tardis...

If it is Tuesday, then I have problems today...

Take care.

Throw a dice in the lottery of what day of the week it is...oh dear, there is not a seventh side...so have we lost Sunday (or is that Saturday?).

I have definitely gone doolally...join me in doolallyland?
Thank you @gennepher I am enjoying all things cranes at present. I was definitely Tuesday when I got up but it quickly turned to Wednesday when I opened the front door and saw the bins lined up for the bin lorry cavalcade.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg from doolallyland 6.5

One of those days yesterday that drove me up the wall and beyond...

And I got no sleep...
I have to sleep almost upright propped up with pillows because of breathing and swallowing problems.
So, last night the cat (Popeye) decided to sleep on the top of my head (I didn't feel him get on the top of my head, I opened my eyes to a 5 armed furry octopus dangling down the sides of my face), his 4 legs and tail dangling down the sides of my face. He was totally chilled out and relaxed, and thus I had a fur hat all night...I didn't get back to sleep after that...
I couldn't get that fur hat off this morning. It was like it had glued itself to my hair. I think he must have been combing it with his claws. I finally extracted myself. Whereupon the said fur hat head-butted me because I was trying to paint this dandelion in Procreate, on my iPad. Naughty me had forgotten no iPads in his Lordship's presence.

The fur hat has been exiled to the potting shed...

And here is my digital dandelion...

And I am going to sleep.....

View attachment 49038
Oh this deserves an octopus amount of ratings but alas I can only manage a smiley face. Smashing dens leonis, I love the abstractness of it.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Even the Repair Shop has to give up at times.
There was a grotty dog that someone had glued together very badly with what looked to be epoxy resin, they had to give up trying to get it apart! So they just filled the holes, rubbed down and sprayed over.
I doubt whether that method would be used by medics!
D.
Oh dear - epoxy resin - that would certainly make a good wound closure but it would have to be carefully colour matched.

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Foodwise Nuts & Mushrooms (Vomit)
IMG_1619025001.899091.jpg

Wispa guarding her toy box

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Did it take very long for the glue to go?
Not really sure how long it was afew years ago but I don't remember any big issue on second visit and I'm certain I would if there had been a problem. I'm a bit of a whimp when it comes to stiches. :)

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

And I got no sleep...
I have to sleep almost upright propped up with pillows because of breathing and swallowing problems.
So, last night the cat (Popeye) decided to sleep on the top of my head (I didn't feel him get on the top of my head, I opened my eyes to a 5 armed furry octopus dangling down the sides of my face), his 4 legs and tail dangling down the sides of my face. He was totally chilled out and relaxed, and thus I had a fur hat all night...I didn't get back to sleep after that...
I couldn't get that fur hat off this morning. It was like it had glued itself to my hair. I think he must have been combing it with his claws. I finally extracted myself. Whereupon the said fur hat head-butted me because I was trying to paint this dandelion in Procreate, on my iPad. Naughty me had forgotten no iPads in his Lordship's presence.

View attachment 49038
A digital Gauguin masterpiece. Brilliant I do like this.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Back into painting mood, lots of ideas but I keep forgetting them so have taken to writing and scribbling them down then loose the pieces of paper, bloomin hopeless I am getting. :)

So back to Mountains and another attemp at Cader Idris as my son and son in law are trying to convince me to go and climb it with them, I suspect they just want use of my VW Camper van as a base camp but I am very tempted to have ago.

So here is Cader looking towards Barmouth and in a mist, will finish tomorrow...
A4 watercolour...
IMG_4785.JPG

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

And I got no sleep...

View attachment 49038

hug for the interruptions, but kudos for the craft in the pic.

perhaps not how others see it, but i see that as a 'Waterworld' movie, type plant,
and divers coming upon it as they strike up to the surface.

very well done, @gennepher

Last edited:

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi all

Batting average a steady mid 6, so nothing to report really..

FBG no change however legs were vastly improved.

Truth is it was all going great.
steps etc up close to pre accident
physio going well..
so i should have expected a crash somewhere..

Last week or so, joints began aching
ankles stiffer then usual on awaking and if seated for a while.

After all the positives of late, the backward step has me a bit depressed

Mentioned it to Physio at this AM's sessions,
thinks i may have overdone it, and aggravated the nerves
suggests a rest for a few days, to see if it settles down.

Quite nice chat, so feel a little better and reassured it's all normal

Just me, trying to run before i learn to walk again, it seems :rolleyes:

Sad news today.

One of the chaps who we know in India, passed away, seemingly from covid.
was only mid 30's..RiP.

Concerned now for others we know out there.
They all say they are fine, just have to hope they stay that way, please God.

While we seem to be doing well here,, it's a reminder none of us are safe
until all of us are safe.

Stay well all.

Reactions: karen8967

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
On arriving home I found a huge bench plonked on my drive. Our son had welded it together out of used horseshoes. Unexpected and a surprise and so the rest of my day consisted of wire brushing the dirt out of the grooves, it was like concrete, then giving it a coat of paint, needs another later today.
What a lovely thing for your son to have done. It is a really super bench and looks even better now you have painted it.

geefull

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good evening all :)

4.6 today

we were off out early today to take the car to the garage to get a job done before shopping and bin day ;)

The shops were fairly quiet this morning and I scored a really nice piece of beef to roast and some good quality mince so cooking those was my job for the evening :)

Hope your day is treating you kindly :)

@dunelm - interesting socks :D and I'm enjoying your cranes, two handsome pairs today :) I do envy your flexible stroke work.

@Krystyna23040 - hugs for the glue, hopefully the natural oils from your scalp will help the glue detach itself with time :)

@Cumberland - Wispa looks very determined ;)

@Muddy Cyclist - wow, what a gift to come home to :joyful:
A great start to Cader Idris, love the sky and I'm looking forward to the finished picture :)

@gennepher - wonderful dandelion painting, very strong. :joyful:
I hope you have managed to get a good sleep now and that the 5 tentacled furry octopus has forgiven you for his exile ;)

art bit -
more paper and another brush coming my way to try out :sorry: :D

today's painting was me trying just painting rather than doing a drawing first

upload_2021-4-21_22-17-22.jpeg

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
thinks i may have overdone it, and aggravated the nerves
suggests a rest for a few days, to see if it settles down.

Quite nice chat, so feel a little better and reassured it's all normal

Just me, trying to run before i learn to walk again, it seems
It does sound as though you have overdone it. It is so easy to push yourself too hard especially as you are so determined to get better.

You have definitely got a really good physio.

Very sad news about your friend in India. A very worrying situation there at the moment.