What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all

Batting average a steady mid 6, so nothing to report really..

FBG no change however legs were vastly improved.

Truth is it was all going great.
steps etc up close to pre accident
physio going well..
so i should have expected a crash somewhere..

Last week or so, joints began aching
ankles stiffer then usual on awaking and if seated for a while.

After all the positives of late, the backward step has me a bit depressed

Mentioned it to Physio at this AM's sessions,
thinks i may have overdone it, and aggravated the nerves
suggests a rest for a few days, to see if it settles down.

Quite nice chat, so feel a little better and reassured it's all normal

Just me, trying to run before i learn to walk again, it seems :rolleyes:

Sad news today.

One of the chaps who we know in India, passed away, seemingly from covid.
was only mid 30's..RiP.

Concerned now for others we know out there.
They all say they are fine, just have to hope they stay that way, please God.

While we seem to be doing well here,, it's a reminder none of us are safe
until all of us are safe.

Stay well all.
Oh dear, you seemed to be doing so well. Seems this is a self inflicted setback. Good positive frame of mind from your spirited self so I'm sure it will all work out well. Give it time, that was no small injury.

Hug for friend, we are not out of the woods yet.

Last edited:

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
good evening all :)

4.6 today

we were off out early today to take the car to the garage to get a job done before shopping and bin day ;)

The shops were fairly quiet this morning and I scored a really nice piece of beef to roast and some good quality mince so cooking those was my job for the evening :)

Hope your day is treating you kindly :)

@dunelm - interesting socks :D and I'm enjoying your cranes, two handsome pairs today :) I do envy your flexible stroke work.

@Krystyna23040 - hugs for the glue, hopefully the natural oils from your scalp will help the glue detach itself with time :)

@Cumberland - Wispa looks very determined ;)

@Muddy Cyclist - wow, what a gift to come home to :joyful:
A great start to Cader Idris, love the sky and I'm looking forward to the finished picture :)

@gennepher - wonderful dandelion painting, very strong. :joyful:
I hope you have managed to get a good sleep now and that the 5 tentacled furry octopus has forgiven you for his exile ;)

art bit -
more paper and another brush coming my way to try out :sorry: :D

today's painting was me trying just painting rather than doing a drawing first

View attachment 49043
And it worked! The that's a cracking painting I think better for not drawing first. Excellent!

Thanks for liking my Cader painting. I feel I lost the horizon and it will take some work to get back.

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Oh dear, you seemed to be doing so well. Seems this is a self inflicted setback. Good positive frame of mind from your spirited self so I'm sure it will all work out well. Give it time, that was no small injury.

Thanks to all who gave hugs.
All appreciated, but yours rolled around my head @Muddy Cyclist

If I'm honest I've tried to blank it out ( yes, weird, but the video or pics from the fall still give me shudders :wideyed:)

Was good to be pulled up by your words, and have to re-evaluate just where I have come back from.

I do have a note of reason in my head.
Physio asked "where or what level I'm realistically aiming for"

Sure many gauge us on a perceived "Age" specific level

But while admitting to the charge of " Older" M'Lud ..I still was, so I thought quite mobile and agile.

But realistically I replied I'd like to be running again..no mini marathons but the few blocks I did under couch to 5k or back on the treadmill at gym....

and opined I'd be hoping sometime before Xmas ..which he didn't shoot down completely, but as you rightly put it, suggested I had a long way to go.

Honest, and just how I like it, and aligned with my own expectations, but still that inner me refuses to listen sometimes.:banghead:

Anyway, thank you for the sensible words.
Grateful & appreciated.
I shall strive to listen.

Ride safe my friend.
Stay muddy :D

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
It does sound as though you have overdone it. It is so easy to push yourself too hard especially as you are so determined to get better.

You have definitely got a really good physio.

Very sad news about your friend in India. A very worrying situation there at the moment.
Thank you @Krystyna23040 .
We are our own worst enemy, sometimes.
Yes, I thinks so.
Pleasant, informative and blunt.
Encouraging without sugar coating everything.
No mean feat, I'd say.

Yes indeed, India is certainly suffering this wave.
Lauren reads the Hindu times to keep up with news from friends out there.

Dreadful tales at the moment
Pray it resolves soon for all concerned.

I remember being shocked at the trust one young friend placed in fate, when we questioned about snakes, and told many many where he lived.

His words of what to do if he crossed a cobra while out walking was to "pray it goes away."
A quite fatalistic approach to all of life,
was my main take away from a lot of the people I spoke to out there

I hope that doesn't hinder the efforts to get it all under firmer control.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good Morning and 6 for me today. Overdid it on the roasted parsnips done with the Cauliflower and cheese last night, I never learn.

Muddy Cycle ride and then Tesco experience after which I have no idea what the day will bring.

Stay safe and let Spring continue to give you pleasure.

Reactions: karen8967

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone on another bright start to the day here in the dark and dangerous north
The wonder wheel of burgers and eggs came in at 6.1 this am - greedy boy!

A cousin of mine is camping near Whitby so shot over there on my bike yesterday for a catch up. Not seen her or her husband for well over a year.

@Muddy Cyclist - Cader Idris looking good and @geefull - an excellent painting straight from the brush.

Hope that everyone is still enjoying some good weather. Koffy time.

upload_2021-4-22_8-14-53.jpeg

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Bright and chilly for Anglo American bin day. Sheesh, you crazy Brits and your odd bin days. Hideous 5.2 on Swipey today. Obviously has a cause but naming one would be a wild guess. Best to just roll with the blows and move on. Winnie the Pooh and chums were hunting the Bacson earlier, now it is the original Snow White. Great attitude to recovery @jjraak. Yes fbg may not be what you want @Muddy Cyclist but was the meal enjoyable? This has to be something we can live with for life. @dunelm seems to have this taped. I find this all a bit too Churchillian, blood, sweat, toil and tears lately. @Krystyna23040 to an outsider yourself and Mr K sound like a match made in heaven. 2nd vax booked for next Tuesday then wait 3 weeks, judge the r rate and think about HbA1c Juneish and see about joining a gym. We're at Ho Ho now so stay safe droogs.

Last edited:

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen. I have restarted my plinky plonky lessons this week and have done 40 minutes practice this morning and started thinking about my comment the other day, regarding black and white keys and which comes first, now their are more white keys than black keys, so white must come first, but black keys matter and if you look under the cover on the keys the mechanism is the same, therefore it does not matter, they are all the same, neither are more important than the other.

A 5.1 this morning on that scheming meter of deception and naughtiness.

Well fellow posters, painters and gamers I feel a special mention must be made of 2 of our regulars @gennepher and @jjraak .
Gennepher you made me and me's chuckle with your posts regarding your hat.

Jjraak, I have been where you are regarding recovery and proved the advice I was given correct by ignoring it. This advice was " The best time to do nothing is when you feel like doing something, the body will devote it's energy into the recovery process. Professor Ellias the man who wrote the text books on Liver transplantation. "

I feel today would be a good day to remember the stays and avoid the depressing media.

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning ..

Steak leak brocolli mushrooms, homemade butter garlic sauce ...delish.
A few beers to sweeten the day

Paid with a 7.2 this morning. Ho hum.

Run out on scooter, no place to go just a ride.
Ended up Southall way.

Popped into a home bargains store,
On way back noticed canal, so took a snap.

Was aware the canal passes over the North circular road, but this seemed a bit more visually dramatic

Have a good day all.
Sunny day here in the Capital.
Edit. Apologies, had to re-edit photo as it cut off railway section.

iron bridge snap 2.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Goonergal

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
A 5.1 this morning on that scheming meter of deception and naughtiness.

Well fellow posters, painters and gamers I feel a special mention must be made of 2 of our regulars @gennepher and @jjraak .
Gennepher you made me and me's chuckle with your posts regarding your hat.

Jjraak, I have been where you are regarding recovery and proved the advice I was given correct by ignoring it. This advice was " The best time to do nothing is when you feel like doing something, the body will devote it's energy into the recovery process. Professor Ellias the man who wrote the text books on Liver transplantation. "

Thank you for the words.
Wise indeed.

And liking the analogy, agree.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
His words of what to do if he crossed a cobra while out walking was to "pray it goes away."
A quite fatalistic approach to all of life,
That is a scary way to cope with a dangerous situation when a much better solution would be to move away from the cobra as quickly as possible and then thank your God through prayer afterwards for your safe escape from the cobra.

It looks like a fatalistic outlook on life would definitely not be a good way to cope with the current pandemic and probably is one of the reasons for the current spike in India.

Reactions: gennepher

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.7 this morning. The week has flown past. Lovely walk in the sunshine - must do some admin today because tomorrow will be rather hectic.

lindisfel

Expert
White frost at 0700, we have a cold Spring and still have some daffs and the Narcissi out.
IMG_20210422_102655357_HDR_compress36.jpg

That scruffy pile of wood at the base of the Ash tree is my beetle bank! ;)
D.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
That is a scary way to cope with a dangerous situation when a much better solution would be to move away from the cobra as quickly as possible and then thank your God through prayer afterwards for your safe escape from the cobra.

It looks like a fatalistic outlook on life would definitely not be a good way to cope with the current pandemic and probably is one of the reasons for the current spike in India.
Tend to agree @Krystyna23040 . Probably best to pray for the wisdom, strength and skill from God to avoid the Cobra then give thanks afterwards. Looking at the crowds and percentage non mask wearing at some of the cricket in the India England series a spike was inevitable.

lindisfel

Expert
The better half was going the dentist this am but came back into the house and said the seat wouldn't rachet up in her Fabia.

Unfortunately the plastic handle had mysteriously broken off. I learnt to stop saying how did you do that! ....years ago? :)

So I took her to the dentist and will have to pick her up later.

I only put the seat right down and she has put it up to the top position.
I'll make her feel better by saying I should have oiled the mechanism.
D.

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
The better half was going the dentist this am but came back into the house and said the seat wouldn't rachet up in her Fabia.

Unfortunately the plastic handle had mysteriously broken off. I learnt to stop saying how did you do that! ....years ago? :)

So I took her to the dentist and will have to pick her up later.

I only put the seat right down and she has put it up to the top position.
I'll make her feel better by saying I should have oiled the mechanism.
D.

Smart move, ranks along with Yes dear.

RFSMarch

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Just a quick dip in - Have not actually gotten round to getting a new Swipey on... man this adjustment to working after a year of only working on Britwatch is ... hard!
I have tried to get on with plant based 'meat balls' a small amount of pasta and sauce as a microwave lunch. I have tried, but it's a nope for me for both Sainsbury's own and even Linda McCartney's veggie 'faux-meat-balls' were a resounding nope.

So I found Kokoro (well the girl that is sat next to me came back with sweet chilli chicken the other day) and I am having to get some of that or a midweek treat of Unlucky Fried Kitten (KFC) popcorn chicken...

Anyhoo - have to pick up meds on Monday so will get some new swipes for the new month and hopefully will be back of, at least of a fashion in May...

Keep drawing, pals...