What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
5.6 today. 2 diabetes type appointments waiting for me today: podiatry check up this morning and retinopathy this afternoon. A couple of small Dennis walks in between and that’s my day. Can’t complain.
@Viv19 picking your new car up is so exciting. Hope all goes smoothly this time.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning folks. The weather is in a bit of a dither this morning, undecided, bereft of a firm plan of action. Just have to wait and see.

The wonder wheel dithered and danced all night - much like myself - up and down every hour, or so it seemed. I love these deep sleep episodes - 5.9 at 0545.

Just noticed that some of the trees will need lopping after the summer. A couple of cherry trees and the plum have gone mental and I think that the fig may need a bit of a trim, they take over if left.

Off to Manchester this evening - my mother flies in tomorrow at a cost saving 0900 from Bordeaux so we will have a relaxing morning rather than a maniacal contest with commuters. Mind you, she will have to be up very early for her journey to the airport - she has a driver so will probably sleep.

Have a great day if you can, wade your way through Alan Ginsberg’s Howl if you can’t.

Last edited:

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Ok ianpspurs, change of subject. The ridiculous toe is still oversized but no longer very painful. I have hopes that I can now wear shoes without too much discomfort.
We are off today to collect our new car. Slightly more exciting than it sounds. We actually ordered it the first time in January, and went to collect it in April. It looked rather smart, the colour and specs that we had ordered, but when we sat in it and moved seats, console around we realised that it was smaller than our old car. (We ordered the newest model of our old car because it was pretty roomy and did the job). The car company had manufactured the wrong car, right specs for us.
Apparently there was just one letter difference in the order code between the small model and larger one. And about 23 cms in length and it was not as wide, so less elbow room. So they had to order again.
In the meantime we’ve driven the old 13 yr old car, which they had bought from us. They did some repairs at their cost so that we could make some fairly long journeys without problems, a new battery, etc.
So today is rather exciting- like waiting for Christmas twice. ;))
All that talk and I forgot my bg numbers. Last night was 6.2, and I was very happy. This morning was less pleasing at 6.5. At least in the right direction- but I really want 5s before my eye appointment and Dr Grumpy barks at me!

Enjoy your new car, I got rid of mine last year. It sat, gleaming and winking, outside for days and sometimes weeks on end.
So I sold it - and one of my two motorcycles - so now just one.
Mrs Miggins still has her car so I can ride shotgun if we go any distance more

Bildad

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
4.3 for me this morning. Trip to doctors was interesting. She treated it as a medication review.
Changed my statin (which I am no longer taking but haven't yet told them) cos the original was old fashioned.
Diabetes meds were referred to the practice nurse to be halved
Migraine meds to be reviewed after having a CT scan!! Not sure why after 30+ years of migraine she thinks that I need a CT scan I have no idea. She will offer preventative meds after seeing the CT results.
I was congratulated on weight loss and BG control and asked how. She was amazed at my response of Low carb.
Dr " what just cutting out carbs?"
Me "Yes"
Dr "you should write a book "
Me " I would be a bit late to the party on that one. It has already been done many times. Check out diabetes.co.uk"
I am now awaiting the unnecessary CT scan before I can get my new meds and also a call from practice nurse to halve the diabetes meds. So as with all things diabetes related it is a waiting game.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
4.3 for me this morning. Trip to doctors was interesting. She treated it as a medication review.
Changed my statin (which I am no longer taking but haven't yet told them) cos the original was old fashioned.
Diabetes meds were referred to the practice nurse to be halved
Migraine meds to be reviewed after having a CT scan!! Not sure why after 30+ years of migraine she thinks that I need a CT scan I have no idea. She will offer preventative meds after seeing the CT results.
I was congratulated on weight loss and BG control and asked how. She was amazed at my response of Low carb.
Dr " what just cutting out carbs?"
Me "Yes"
Dr "you should write a book "
Me " I would be a bit late to the party on that one. It has already been done many times. Check out diabetes.co.uk"
I am now awaiting the unnecessary CT scan before I can get my new meds and also a call from practice nurse to halve the diabetes meds. So as with all things diabetes related it is a waiting game.

I put a “winner” but then need a “funny” or perhaps a “bewildered” for the GP.

Reactions: Viv19 and HarryBeau

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All. After praising Codefree after my latest A1c I have typically been smacked in the face this morning. New tub first reading 7.5 no way after 5.3 before dinner then spinach omelette lots of water. Did it again 6.7. Third time 7.2. Unfortunately new tub but not new batch. So I am passing on my FBG today. Just dont believe any of it.
@Bildad sounds like a thorough consult with the GP but really even if you only read the news you cant have missed low carb! Good luck with the CT hope its soon.
@DJC3 gosh you really have a week of it, hope today goes well have a nice time with Dennis. @Viv19 sorry the toe is still troublesome and what a story about the new car. Hope today you get the one you should!
Have a good Tuesday everyone. Stay well, stay safe.

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Up early , but a late start today.
Early night last night, but a restless sleep, lots going on in my head at minute.
Fbg...6.2

Test normally first thing, but today I had to run put bins out, as I skipped it last night.

Got myself new gadget toy.. tracker
that covers HR & BP. Steps etc

Seems as accurate as the Mi-fit, (which didn't do BP)
Sits on wrist obviously, so not as accurate as a cuff, but does give me a trend to keep track of.

Slight change of topic...
I've noticed I don't always get the notifications that others have replied to this or other threads.

Have 'unwatched' then "watched" thread again, see if that fixes things.

@Bildad agree with @dunelm , and shame we just can't be honest with those supposed to be helping us...(I'm the same with mine, little white lies, perhaps.. but still lies :rolleyes:)

@Viv19 ....enjoy your 'New Car' Day...:)

Hope all your numbers improve, if there not where you'd like them to be.
Wishing you all a great day.

EDIT: @PenguinMum ...OUCH..not a nice thing to wake to first thing, what a shock for you.

Anyone else reports Dodgy code free steps... Do remember a rogue batch around January being discussed.?

Hope you get resolution real soon. X

Love & peace all.

Last edited:

pavlosn

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
If you recall I had an extensive (and expensive) series of lab tests on my blood and urine last week.

I am terrible at having to wait. I am definitely a worrier and do not like having things "hanging over me". Particularly so as some of the things that were testing for are scary staff: hepatitis, upus, HIV etc. It matters little that logically the chances of me having contracted these illnesses are pretty slim. Slim is not the same as zero and I needed to find out as soon as possible.

So having slept little last night i turned up at the lab first thing this morning, apprehensive but wanting the suspense over.

From what I can make out blood results are the usual mixed bag with some indicators out of normal range. My doctor will have to interpret these later.

But I did know enough to understand that I had a negative result for the nasty viral/autoimmune conditions they were testing.

Now I can wait for the rest of the results to come out next week.

HbA1c confirmed at 5,7% (39 mmol/mol) unsurprisingly (as previous test was only a couple of weeks ago) but this is really not my major concern at the moment

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Morening, no time again. 5.8 this morning, sad day yesterday I sold my motorbike yesterday and this morning blood tests and the first of my generations funeral. Must dash.

Reactions: karen8967 and Viv19

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morening, no time again. 5.8 this morning, sad day yesterday I sold my motorbike yesterday and this morning blood tests and the first of my generations funeral. Must dash.
Sat to hear about the bike @alf_Josiah .
Condolences for the lots of a friend too.

Sadly in the same zone as you.
Not so much friend, but contemporaries, colleagues.
Does give you a nasty jolt that the length of all our journeys isn't set in stone.

All we can do is make the most of our time,
and enjoy our moment in the sunshine.

Best wishes for a good day today.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@PenguinMum shock to start the day but come next tests all will be good. @Bildad great outcome with GP and hopefully some relief from migraines at the end of that process. @Viv19 exciting day with the new car. @pavlosn good news on tests if no auto immune conditions - if lupus was one of them being tested for it is very unpleasant. @DJC3 a very testing week but by the end of it you should be thoroughly reassured. My fbg was 5.1 safe but uninspiring. It is a week since I was last about right so lots of grass cutting undone and missed exercise. Pacing my comeback will be very tricky but I'll start with useless old git swimming lessons today. Have a great day.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
but I'll start with useless old git swimming lessons today.
That always reminds me of me and OH learning to swim when we first became parents. OH achieved 5 metre certificate which tbh he just had to kick off the wall. He stopped there. In my class I was so scared I disrupted everyone (unintentionally) and was asked to leave so still unable to swim! The good news is both boys are able to swim!
Enjoy your class Ian.

Reactions: DJC3 and Viv19

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
That always reminds me of me and OH learning to swim when we first became parents. OH achieved 5 metre certificate which tbh he just had to kick off the wall. He stopped there. In my class I was so scared I disrupted everyone (unintentionally) and was asked to leave so still unable to swim! The good news is both boys are able to swim!
Enjoy your class Ian.

Pictures @PenguinMum running along pool edge diving bombing everyone in pool, before being sent to the naughty step ...:hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Up early , but a late start today.
Early night last night, but a restless sleep, lots going on in my head at minute.
Fbg...6.2

Test normally first thing, but today I had to run put bins out, as I skipped it last night.

Got myself new gadget toy.. tracker
that covers HR & BP. Steps etc

Seems as accurate as the Mi-fit, (which didn't do BP)
Sits on wrist obviously, so not as accurate as a cuff, but does give me a trend to keep track of.

Slight change of topic...
I've noticed I don't always get the notifications that others have replied to this or other threads.

Have 'unwatched' then "watched" thread again, see if that fixes things.

@Bildad agree with @dunelm , and shame we just can't be honest with those supposed to be helping us...(I'm the same with mine, little white lies, perhaps.. but still lies :rolleyes:)

@Viv19 ....enjoy your 'New Car' Day...:)

Hope all your numbers improve, if there not where you'd like them to be.
Wishing you all a great day.

EDIT: @PenguinMum ...OUCH..not a nice thing to wake to first thing, what a shock for you.

Anyone else reports Dodgy code free steps... Do remember a rogue batch around January being discussed.?

Hope you get resolution real soon. X

Love & peace all.
Thought it was just me, I dont seem to get them all either!

Your previous purchase of smart scales looked good enough to copy. I did. Amazing. We love it! Less than £30 from Amazon.

Would love more info on your latest fitness tracker as we need to monitor hubby's BP

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.8 today. Up til about 2am putting together a leaflet for diabetics and anyone just wanting to lose weight. Working with my surgery on this and would like it sorting for next week when I'm attending a big PPG networking meeting. Can pass to unsuspecting victims of other PPGs and CCG members. But I found it hard. Dont want to tread on any toes which is practically impossible when I'm advocating lchf! Will see where it goes. The bin probably!!! Have included my journey to remission, normalising my BP and 4 stone weight loss. Low carb food list. Meal suggestions (my weekly choices basically) Dr Unwins visual guide to sugars in common foods.

Today's agenda = stripping walls. Almost done. Then jet washing paving stones. Doesnt get any more exciting than that!!!

Almost hump day (already looking forward to weekend and it's only Tuesday!!!)