What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

dogslife

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Unfairness/ use of offensive language.
The celebration meal sounds delicious @dogslife
That was a special occasion.
Congratulations.
Thank you very much@gennepher. We had a table in the window with views of the garden/trees, lots pf space around us and high ceilings so felt safe. We wore our face masks except of course whilst eating. :)

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
Oh dear @SlimLizzy
Now you are making me smell delicious baking...
@gennepher Cottage cheese pancakes served with berries and cream, some sort of jam tart topped with shredded pastry, rice porridge again with jam, very similar to our rice pudding and this is all in one day!
I made fridge soup, which was pronounced delicious. They had seconds so maybe not just politeness.
Expecting very high FBG tomorrow.

Reactions: dunelm and dogslife

dogslife

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Unfairness/ use of offensive language.
@gennepher Cottage cheese pancakes served with berries and cream, some sort of jam tart topped with shredded pastry, rice porridge again with jam, very similar to our rice pudding and this is all in one day!
I made fridge soup, which was pronounced delicious. They had seconds so maybe not just politeness.
Aw@SlimLizzy you are making me hungry.:D Could you share the details of your fridge soup please? It sounds intriguing. :)

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
Aw@SlimLizzy you are making me hungry.:D Could you share the details of your fridge soup please? It sounds intriguing. :)
@dogslife there is no recipe for fridge soup -it is simply throwing all the leftovers and veg that need using into a pot and simmering.
For this version i started with some celery and baby leeks that needed using, so chopped those finely and fried them together, then added all the other items, about two portions of french onion soup, a small amount of gravy, and two lots of leftover veg. (Diced) Mostly carrots, cauliflower and a few roast potatoes, then made up a couple of stock cubes and flung in a handful of mixed herbs. Chopped up a couple of slightly soft tomatoes as well, Simmered all together, tasted, added more herbs and blended roughly. Served witb crusty bread, Fridge Soup makes a hot meal from a collection of disparate ingredients.

Last edited:

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good evening all. Fbs this morning was 11.2. Felt better than the last few days, rallied myself and we went out for lunch to celebrate our wedding anniversary. We had beef bourguignon with baby brocolli. I have no idea how many carbs it contained but it was delicious and I thought "whatever-- my blood sugars are all over the place however careful I am being so I am going to enjoy myself". Fortunately time-wise Mr.D has just recovered from two cataract operations so was able to drive. It was the first restaurant meal we have been out for since the beginning of Covid lock down so felt really special. I wore the pendant that was the first gift my then boyfriend bought for me in 1970 and here we are 52 years later. That's all for now folks. Thanks for "listening". Best wishes :)
Wow.
Congratulations.

And what a way to celebrate.
Sounds like a magical evening

Bravo, Mr D....a fine choice it seems .

Here's to many more.:happy:

Reactions: alf_Josiah

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Well if it help.... @SlimLizzy
Select UPLOAD, just beside POST REPLY
Below post.

It should then offer the choice of where to look for item to upload..(pic, doc, etc).

NB, if you have already looked at pic, try images/recent

Choose your pic, and it will then appear below post.

Now find place in post you want to appear .
Then click choice of THUMBNAIL or FULL IMAGE.

the fly in the ointment, is forum rules only allow pics upto I mb
If pic is larger you should try to reduce it.

800 X 600 is usually a decent size

I use IMAGE SIZE (playstore android )
for the first pic and lit photo for the 2nd pic, which I can't locate in playstore mmhh.

IMG_06042022_015921_(800_x_800_pixel).jpg

IMG-20220314-WA0024_resize_48.jpg

If you are worried about make a hash of it, just send the post you want to send to my PM.
Be a little practice go, if you like.

Last edited:

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I gave you a hug because of all the temptations @SlimLizzy
All that sounds absolutely delicious....

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.1 this morning. Another really busy day ahead. Looking forward to a chance to slow down a bit next week as I have 2 weeks off for Easter.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone on a windswept and interesting start here in the dark and dangerous north
My mother went under the knife yesterday for hip replacement surgery. All seems well and physio will begin today. I expect that she is hungry as they starved her for a day prior to the operation. Mrs Miggins has managed to get her hands on some free tickets for ‘Blood Brothers’ so she and her twin are off to York on Friday to watch it - pretty sure that we saw that in Dublin a few years ago so hopefully the repeat will be just as good. Girl in the bubble has a new floatation swim suit, a cross between an 1895 RNLI cork life jacket and Marty McFly’s puffer vest in Back To The Future, coloured by a unicorn in rainbow land. She field tested it at the baths yesterday and initial reports are favourable.
Art bit - A3 and a tiny smidge of colour. Have a wonderful Mittwoch - we will be psyching up the recycling bin for tomorrows parade. But first, koffy.

upload_2022-4-6_7-6-37.jpeg

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning everyone on a windswept and interesting start here in the dark and dangerous north
My mother went under the knife yesterday for hip replacement surgery. All seems well and physio will begin today. I expect that she is hungry as they starved her for a day prior to the operation. Mrs Miggins has managed to get her hands on some free tickets for ‘Blood Brothers’ so she and her twin are off to York on Friday to watch it - pretty sure that we saw that in Dublin a few years ago so hopefully the repeat will be just as good. Girl in the bubble has a new floatation swim suit, a cross between an 1895 RNLI cork life jacket and Marty McFly’s puffer vest in Back To The Future, coloured by a unicorn in rainbow land. She field tested it at the baths yesterday and initial reports are favourable.
Art bit - A3 and a tiny smidge of colour. Have a wonderful Mittwoch - we will be psyching up the recycling bin for tomorrows parade. But first, koffy.

View attachment 54067
Great dramatic scale...
Glad your mother is doing well @dunelm
GITB will keep well afloat in that gear...

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.7

The cat diner is in full swing for furred and feathered creatures.
Shadow sat on the swing after eating because she didn't finish her bowl. I think she was guarding it until she could take another mouthful. But creeping round the back of the swing, unseen, was Manky Ginger, and was polishing off the plate of wet food. Shadow is looking all around convinced there is another cat near, and then her head ducks down to under the swing....
'Oh, I am so sorry,' says Manky Ginger, 'I didn't know that was yours.' And he turns around and strolls up the path.
Shadow was lashing her tail expecting a battle, and it didn't happen...

Creative this morning. I'd mislaid my black Japanese Fude pen. So I had to do this in ordinary watercolour brush pens. I am still finding my way again with this.
No Popeye, but he is part of my text signature done in Snapseed, and I did the black frame there as well.

Coffee and a nap needed...

CDB0CA88-8227-49EE-B8E5-506A69138B5C.jpeg

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello chums it is I, Breckland's imported idiot and purveyor of absolute nonsense - but at a knockdown price. Luvvly jubbly. No Swipey no test - Bob's agent sent him away to rethink that one. @dunelm excellent news on both the tickets and flotation aid. I hope your mother recovers as well as my MIL did from her replacement of replacements hips and knee replacement (of the original). Thank you for the art and do remember to warm up and warm down pre and post #binrollingoutandingate. @Krystyna23040 hopefully you are on the glide path to a restorative Easter break - as if you actually do such things. I'll sign off for now. Tea to drink, poems to read, a wife to serve - dodgy phrase round here with so many stud farms. Stay safe and warm chums. Toodle Pip Old Fruits.

Last edited:

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen and all who ponder on what shall I have for my evening meal.
A straight 5 on the meter of mischievousness this morning.

Here at Tilehurst Towers the house is quiet, no sound from the slumbering Mrs J, outside it looks damp, hmmm, me, me’s and myself have to be outside at midday. It’s the choice of apparel that is causing consternation, usual leather jacket or more waterproof, but not so warm textile jacked, do I trust the BBCs work of science fiction and fantasy known as the weather forecast?
Here I was pleased to read that @dunelm’s mother is doing well, @jjraak appears to be achieving steady progress, also congratulations on 52 years together @dogslife, apologies if I’ve missed anybody, but now I must perform my morning duty, make Mrs J’s morning tea, the slumbering wife has arisen.
Stay safe all.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg 6.7

The cat diner is in full swing for furred and feathered creatures.
Shadow sat on the swing after eating because she didn't finish her bowl. I think she was guarding it until she could take another mouthful. But creeping round the back of the swing, unseen, was Manky Ginger, and was polishing off the plate of wet food. Shadow is looking all around convinced there is another cat near, and then her head ducks down to under the swing....
'Oh, I am so sorry,' says Manky Ginger, 'I didn't know that was yours.' And he turns around and strolls up the path.
Shadow was lashing her tail expecting a battle, and it didn't happen...

Creative this morning. I'd mislaid my black Japanese Fude pen. So I had to do this in ordinary watercolour brush pens. I am still finding my way again with this.
No Popeye, but he is part of my text signature done in Snapseed, and I did the black frame there as well.

Coffee and a nap needed...

View attachment 54068
Wonderfully observed account of life in and around Gennepher's Diner - all major cards rejected. Thank you sharing the creative. I really should make the effort to google Japanese Fude pen but I'm so shallow. Do take as much care of yourself as you do the wildlife. As I typed that it seemed obvious taking care of wildlife and vegetation is the best nourishment a Gennepher can get.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Wonderfully observed account of life in and around Gennepher's Diner - all major cards rejected. Thank you sharing the creative. I really should make the effort to google Japanese Fude pen but I'm so shallow. Do take as much care of yourself as you do the wildlife. As I typed that it seemed obvious taking care of wildlife and vegetation is the best nourishment a Gennepher can get.
Thanks Ian
Okay, a quick explanation on my Fude pen.
The one I have is bristles (mine is a very fine one), but there are some very flexible felt tip ones.
I use a Japanese Fude pen that has ink in the barrel.
I am not absolutely certain but I think the one I have, (the writing is all in Japanese) might be the traditional ink that is got from grinding an ink stick on slate (with a bit of water and takes about 15 minutes with the Chinese ink stick I have). And the ink stick I have is made with soot combined with animal glue. It is intensely black and after a few moments is waterproof.

These Fude pens were designed for calligraphy and are very precise, but they make very good pens for artists as well.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks Ian
Okay, a quick explanation on my Fude pen.
The one I have is bristles (mine is a very fine one), but there are some very flexible felt tip ones.
I use a Japanese Fude pen that has ink in the barrel.
I am not absolutely certain but I think the one I have, (the writing is all in Japanese) might be the traditional ink that is got from grinding an ink stick on slate (with a bit of water and takes about 15 minutes with the Chinese ink stick I have). And the ink stick I have is made with soot combined with animal glue. It is intensely black and after a few moments is waterproof.

These Fude pens were designed for calligraphy and are very precise, but they make very good pens for artists as well.
Thanks @gennepher. I've now googled Japanese Fude Pen and have an idea of what one looks like and their history? Sheer laziness on my part not to have done so before.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thanks @gennepher. I've now googled Japanese Fude Pen and have an idea of what one looks like and their history? Sheer laziness on my part not to have done so before.
Not really laziness. We all get fed up with looking things up, because there are whole host of things under the same umbrella, and we can be non the wiser.
I thought my brief explanation would give a little background to it.
And by the way my Fude pen, I am using at the moment, is virtually the same as the one on the Wikipedia page.
But I do have others...

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen and all who ponder on what shall I have for my evening meal.
A straight 5 on the meter of mischievousness this morning.

Here at Tilehurst Towers the house is quiet, no sound from the slumbering Mrs J, outside it looks damp, hmmm, me, me’s and myself have to be outside at midday. It’s the choice of apparel that is causing consternation, usual leather jacket or more waterproof, but not so warm textile jacked, do I trust the BBCs work of science fiction and fantasy known as the weather forecast?
Here I was pleased to read that @dunelm’s mother is doing well, @jjraak appears to be achieving steady progress, also congratulations on 52 years together @dogslife, apologies if I’ve missed anybody, but now I must perform my morning duty, make Mrs J’s morning tea, the slumbering wife has arisen.
Stay safe all.
Good luck on the "Weather Wheel of Good Fortune"

That 5 seems a little low for you ?
Hope it picks up to better pH balance for you :)

Shiny side up &
travel well.:headphone:

(Thread Rule #23,
Paragraph 2, section (c)
Travel threads MUST include a Picture)

Just saying ;)

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello chums it is I, Breckland's imported idiot and purveyor of absolute nonsense - but at a knockdown price. Luvvly jubbly. No Swipey no test - Bob's agent sent him away to rethink that one. @dunelm excellent news on both the tickets and flotation aid. I hope your mother recovers as well as my MIL did from her replacement of replacements hips and knee replacement (of the original). Thank you for the art and do remember to warm up and warm down pre and post #binrollingoutandingate. @Krystyna23040 hopefully you are on the glide path to a restorative Easter break - as if you actually do such things. I'll sign off for now. Tea to drink, poems to read, a wife to serve - dodgy phrase round here with so many stud farms. Stay safe and warm chums. Toodle Pip Old Fruits.

Too much Info ..:wideyed:

:hilarious:

Hope all is well, & role lessens in coming weeks :)

Reactions: ianpspurs