What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

lindisfel

Expert
6.8 on this trip trip day. Good luck @ianpspurs.
It took me a minute to understand it wasn't the drip tripping around the country espousing the same ol BS.

#8 had an hour with me, and what a conversation that was, he was explaining how a mouse on the box was funny and falling about, copying him and laughing. And the rain was falling and daddy got wet.
I told him it was going to the shop that I got wet myself, he did laugh at that.

More phone calls to the pharmacy.
Another phone call to the surgery.
Another phone call to the council.
Another phone call to the housing.
Dates to be recorded and cross checked.
I think I need a secretary and not the bird kind.

Another night of ups and downs.
Am seriously thinking of sleeping patterns.

Ok, I've been threatening my dreams lately.
A coup!e of blue coming towards and dreaming noise and heat, pain in my left arm, waking up in one screaming. So many repeats.
Grey walking on dusty paths, again hot and dry.
Stuck on a car production line, not being able to keep up and not getting the job right. The anxiety, panic, frustration, anguish, this one does not help with being positive.
Can't find my way back to where I either want to go or be. Like I'm lost in a completely dark place.

Be back later.

Later.
Depressing dreams!

LivingLightly

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
A lot of nestlings and small animals have been drowned. The local river came right up and flood a lot of the flood plain.
They will have to make best use of a late start this year. Serious flooding in norwest Cumbria.
Derek
Sadly, nestlings are vulnerable at the best of times @lindisfel. It's extraordinary how many survive.

On a brighter note, I'm still feeding our resident robin family. Mr Robin turned up at our back door this morning asking if I'd noticed the shortage of mealworms. A devoted father, he hops onto my hand, saves one for himself and ferries the rest to his offspring,

Thursday's FBG 4.9 mmol at 6.00 am.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone on a strangely dry yet wonderfully quiet start to the day here in the dark and dangerous north. A fan not working. Possible fuse, 3A - nope, best go and buy some. Fuse replaced. A fan not working. Strip down and do some electrical tests - all working within set parameters. Assemble, just the cover to fit - Plug in, switch on. A fan not working. Nock fan blade with finger whilst picking up cover - fan springs into life. ‘People are not disturbed by things but by the views they take of them’ - Epictetus. Art bit - a couple of trees. Be not troubled, today’s yesterday will be tomorrow’s day before the day before today. Now where is my koffy.

Attachments

• IMG_6398.jpeg
    IMG_6398.jpeg
    195.6 KB · Views: 25

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning everyone on a strangely dry yet wonderfully quiet start to the day here in the dark and dangerous north. A fan not working. Possible fuse, 3A - nope, best go and buy some. Fuse replaced. A fan not working. Strip down and do some electrical tests - all working within set parameters. Assemble, just the cover to fit - Plug in, switch on. A fan not working. Nock fan blade with finger whilst picking up cover - fan springs into life. ‘People are not disturbed by things but by the views they take of them’ - Epictetus. Art bit - a couple of trees. Be not troubled, today’s yesterday will be tomorrow’s day before the day before today. Now where is my koffy.
At least you got the fan working!!!
Great trees @dunelm

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
5.1 at 05.30 today. I thought it would be higher because my BG was a bit on the high side last night.

After this long cold, wet spell, we have some kind of growth on the underside of our roof overhang - black kind of lichen looking. It needs to be cleaned off, when Neil can get around to it. Yesterday, I noticed a bird kept on flying up to the wall above my kitchen window and thought it was probably a starling looking for its original nesting place (now blocked) but no, it was a sparrow. It wasn't looking for a nest, it was picking something off of the "lichen". Flying up, hovering, pecking and then dropping away. No idea what it was finding there.

Last edited:

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
. A fan not working. Possible fuse, 3A - nope, best go and buy some. Fuse replaced. A fan not working. Strip down and do some electrical tests - all working within set parameters. Assemble, just the cover to fit - Plug in, switch on. A fan not working. Nock fan blade with finger whilst picking up cover - fan springs into life
My gut feeling....mmhh

You got lucky .
I think it's a test run, stock up on tinned foods, sunak & those in charge know what's coming.

Because this could be how sky net starts

Going to be countless people digging out fans for the forecast heatwaves.

Easier fighting a foe who's lost all its finger in summer 'fan' accidents

Conspiracy theorist...moi..

:cool:

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.7

Video on my phone camera.
I am less than a metre away.
A little sparrow feeding itself, but when its parents came near, it pretended to be helpless...
27 secs

Creative...digitally painted a bluetit on a cherry blossom branch...
@Lamont D

Now to get on with the day...

Have your best day.

IMG_7647.jpeg

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all from a sub-optimally cool L.A. which is likely to be the high point of the late May Public Holiday for weather. @dunelm thank you for sharing the art and well crafted story of the fan. I/we are likely to need central heating and several layers of thermals more than a fan. @gennepher thank you for sharing the video and amazing creative. I couldn't claim to be very interested in birds but I can recognise skill and know many - morning @lindisfel - derive huge pleasure from observing them. If they played sport I'd obviously be fully absorbed. I don't watch horse racing but the racehorses I see in Newmarket are stunningly sleek and move so elegantly. @jjraak the reference to Sky Net is just not giving but each to their own. Thank you for sharing the photo - it appears some other animal has photobombed Frankie's photo - meh :D Enjoy National leaver's day which it seems must now be marked by buying an overpriced hoodie. Is it still a day for signing shirts and "other" garments and "the enforcers" patrolling corridors, playgrounds, fields and local shops that sell eggs and flour (with walkie talkies) and guarding all fire alarms? - such fond memories. On the plus side I have been given several presents, including a fully certified Bale era signed Spurs shirt, given by groups of students

Last edited:

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning all from a sub-optimally cool L.A. which is likely to be the high point of the late May Public Holiday for weather. @dunelm thank you for sharing the art and well crafted story of the fan. I/we are likely to need central heating and several layers of thermals more than a fan. @gennepher thank you for sharing the video and amazing creative. I couldn't claim to be very interested in birds but I can recognise skill and know many - morning @lindisfel - derive huge pleasure from observing them. If they played sport I'd obviously be fully absorbed. I don't watch horse racing but the racehorses I see in Newmarket are stunningly sleek and move so elegantly. @jjraak The reference to Sky Net is just not giving but each to their own. Thanks you for sharing the photo - it appears some other animal has photobombed Frankie's photo - meh :D Enjoy National leaver's day which it seems must now be marked by buying an overpriced hoodie. Is it still a day for signing shirts and "other" garments and "the enforcers" patrolling corridors, playgrounds, fields and local shops that sell eggs and flour (with walkie talkies) and guarding all fire alarms? - such fond memories. On the plus side I have been given several presents, including a fully certified Bale era signed Spurs shirt, given by groups of students
Thank you @ianpspurs
I am currently eyeballing a sparrowhawk who has eyes on my little bluetit who is working hard to feed his family....just put more protection out there...

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you @ianpspurs
I am currently eyeballing a sparrowhawk who has eyes on my little bluetit who is working hard to feed his family....just put more protection out there...
Yes, but does it bat or bowl? Is it available for the T20 World cup or Euros? Not big enough for rugby or NFL :playful:

Last edited:

lindisfel

Expert
My gut feeling....mmhh

You got lucky .
I think it's a test run, stock up on tinned foods, sunak & those in charge know what's coming.

Because this could be how sky net starts

Going to be countless people digging out fans for the forecast heatwaves.

Easier fighting a foe who's lost all its finger in summer 'fan' accidents

Conspiracy theorist...moi..

:cool:
I knew an electrician with a missing index finger on his right hand. He unwisely tested if a fan was running as a young electrician. A substantial fan it whipped it straight off no trouble. A bad mistake to make just once.