What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
On a day of quiet refelection, on what we have and who we've lost, we slept well on plane, and awakened to the sight of a new day dawning, for which we both were truly grateful.

So here's to a new start, a new day of challenges & joys both to be embraced and greeted like a new friend...:)

View attachment 37411

View attachment 37412

Those are such beautiful words, and beautiful photos. Thank you very much for posting them. :)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning folks. 2nd day of no meter, scales or analysis and the most relaxed eating regime of my 5 Christmas days with LC eating. Hope you all found something to treasure yesterday and in the coming days. @SaskiaKC we watched a similar programme and took lots from it especially St Thomas' day Dec 21. Lots of sport for me when back in Cambs later and much reflection. Enjoy St Stephens festival fuel, wine and flesh or not. Psalm 150 sounds tailor made for @Muddy Cyclist and you @SaskiaKC

Last edited:

trick60

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning/evening folks, had a quick stab, more out of habit than want, and received a 6.1 on the dice, a late evening sorte` into the fridge probably put me into the sixes, managing to avoid the sweet temptations mostly, but can't say no to Christmas cake and its fruity rich booziness.....is it too early do you think.

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
Good morning everyone,
Have a happy boxing day.
In my family today is more important than the 25th and many of us will be driving hundreds of miles to be with the family. This year in Poole, Dorset.
There will be 26 of us. Two more than last year. We have one new baby and a bride to welcome to the chaos.

BG 6.4
but then I was still nibbling at the cheeses and still drinking through the evening.
Going to try water only and 're test later.
It helps that I am not hungry. :)

Last edited:

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thought I had posted my BG but can't find my post so just in case here they are again.

Good Boxing Day Morning with a 5.8 too much feasting.

All family to us today so more feasting but also lots of silly games, music and merriment.

Enjoy your Boxing Day.

geefull

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good Boxing Day morning all :)

4.2 today

it's 6'C outside currently, much warmer than yesterday morning, so I feel a walk coming on ;)

I think yesterday may be described as a partially successful moderation of culinary excess :hilarious:
No chocolates, biscuit or Christmas cake :angelic: - rather large portions of Christmas dinner and creamy rich trifle type pudding :D

Katy had her first longish walk along the village main street, she found it a bit much at first and a passing car terrifying, poor wee thing. She's used to being in mum's large garden so it was new and strange for her to be walking out with a harness and lead on. She soon got the idea and turned into an animated blur sniffing everything :joyful: Then she just happily settled down with Mum on the sofa in front of the woodburner after her walk and went to sleep ;)

After we'd taken Mum and Katy home mr gee and I had a walk around the village, viewing the festive lights on the houses and enjoying the quiet evening, we only met one other person walkiing his dog, it was lovely.

Hope your day treats you kindly :)

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.8

Going downwards still!!!

I was a total carnivore yesterday, and that was reason for the dramatic downturn of my blood sugar readings. I was 5.1 at one point during the day yesterday. So was pleased with that.

I had a bad night's sleep, long story. Needed to get out this morning. I was aiming for a brekkie at a place I usually go to on boxing day, but they were not open.

However there was a McDonald's next door, 24 hours always. So I thought I'd have a coffee. Then once in I decided on a brekkie, egg and bacon McMuffin. Guy says do you want a hash brown with it. No I says. Go on he says, it's all in the price of £3.99 and you get a drink with it. So I said go on then!!!

It was all very delicious. We shall find out later how it affects my blood sugars!!!

And it was vastly cheaper than the breakfast I normally have next door!

I will be back to carnivore when I get home :)

Have a good day.

Enjoy yourselves.

Have fun.
>^••^<

P.S. just tried my app which tells me what the decibels are in here. The music is powerful. Taken my processor off!! The sound is 75 decibels. Is that high for a hearing person?

Last edited:

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
11.2 for me pod change yesterday didnt seem to be working properly so new one before lets hope this works .hope everyone had a lovely day yesterday and have a good one today :)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
11.2 for me pod change yesterday didnt seem to be working properly so new one before lets hope this works .hope everyone had a lovely day yesterday and have a good one today :)
Hope the new pod is a success and if you are having a break from work it is relaxing and spent with family. Either way you deserve all the best life can offer.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi All. I was an 8.0 at 0800 and am 6.6 now. Not a sweet a thing passed my lips yesterday but had a lot of mini smoked salmon on brown bread squares, some mini tacos 2 roasties and bread sage & onion stuffing and enjoyed it all. Lots of fizz spread out over a thoroughly enjoyable day. So OMAD if I can today.
@SaskiaKC I have a quiet day and will be watching the 12 Tudor days of Christmas which I recorded. A big sport day for Mr PM and No 1 son, younger son spending day with GF’s family. Horrid rainy day so perfect sofa day with the furry girls.
Happy Boxing Day everyone. Stay well,stay safe.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi All. I was an 8.0 at 0800 and am 6.6 now. Not a sweet a thing passed my lips yesterday but had a lot of mini smoked salmon on brown bread squares, some mini tacos 2 roasties and bread sage & onion stuffing and enjoyed it all. Lots of fizz spread out over a thoroughly enjoyable day. So OMAD if I can today.
@SaskiaKC I have a quiet day and will be watching the 12 Tudor days of Christmas which I recorded. A big sport day for Mr PM and No 1 son, younger son spending day with GF’s family. Horrid rainy day so perfect sofa day with the furry girls.
Happy Boxing Day everyone. Stay well,stay safe.
Yesterday sounds glorious for you PM and today on the sofa will be equally perfect for a PM, snuggle up and chill.

Last edited:
Reactions: SaskiaKC