What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Happy 2nd Day of Christmas, everyone. There are flesh and wine in the fridge, plenty of pine logs in the garden (well, fallen twigs and cones). I think I saw some huge clumps of mistletoe in our biggest oak yesterday.
7.9 this morning after feasting well but poorly yesterday.

@ianpspurs thank you for the Psalm 150 reference. :)
I thought about you, @Muddy Cyclist , last night while listening to the Tudor Christmas music.

@gennepher your McDonald's breakfast sounds delicious. I Googled 75 decibels and apparently it is not enough to cause hearing damage, but I think I would find it very uncomfortable. The University of Michigan's School of Medicine website says normal conversation is about 60 decibels, and a lawn mower is 90, and anything above 85 is harmful.
So I would not want to even stand in line to order in a McD's with music at 75, let alone eat a meal, and forget trying to converse above the noise. I would feel very stressed and irritated (physically as well as emotionally).

@PenguinMum your day with your furry girls sounds delightful. My furry girl and I had just such a day yesterday and I am tempted to have another today. ^. .^

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
On the Second Day of Christmas, my Google showed to me
2 white cats
and a sleigh bell on a fir tree

Cutest-Christmas-Cats-EVER-1521573200593599282-550x445.jpg

Reactions: HarryBeau

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good morning all :)

4.3 today

May I wish the best of the season to you and your loved ones :joyful:

quiet and contemplative bits
noisy and raucous bits
quiet wintry streets and fields,
forest, beach or fen
noisy family
quiet companionship
curled up with a pet and a hot coffee
sleeping off the turkey

whatever floats your boat
today and tomorrow and tomorrow
love and hugs to you all my friends :)
Right back at you lovely lady.

Reactions: jjraak

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm not writing anything that might incriminate me! All I will say is that I picked the lowest carb alcohol I like. Moet and chandon champagne (I'm not a cheap date!). A retirement present for Eric saved for a special occasion . Sipped it most of the day and night. Ate bacon and sausage on a low carb bap for breakfast. So far so good. Turkey dinner with most of the trimmings followed by (started to go the shape of a pear at this point) Christmas pudding with brandy cream in the hope that the fat would cancel out the carbs. Didnt quite go according to plan. Nibbles during the evening. Nothing too carby. Left the pastry from people pie. Not easy when you have had a few slurps!

Enjoying reading your posts as always. Wishing you all a merry boxing day.

Just watching 12 days of Tudor Christmas as recommended on here. Enjoying it. Thank you.

Happy hols @jjraak

Attachments

• 20191225_141026_resized.jpg
    20191225_141026_resized.jpg
    210.8 KB · Views: 91

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@gennepher your McDonald's breakfast sounds delicious. I Googled 75 decibels and apparently it is not enough to cause hearing damage, but I think I would find it very uncomfortable. The University of Michigan's School of Medicine website says normal conversation is about 60 decibels, and a lawn mower is 90, and anything above 85 is harmful.
So I would not want to even stand in line to order in a McD's with music at 75, let alone eat a meal, and forget trying to converse above the noise. I would feel very stressed and irritated (physically as well as emotionally).

Hi @SaskiaKC
That was why I took my Processor off so I couldn’t hear that grating music.
At least I can take my ears off.
I wouldn’t like to work in that environment if I was a hearing person with that music all day.
But the breakfast was delicious I have to say!

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Wonderful Christmas music this week. Christmas Eve began with the carol service from King's. Last night I enjoyed the Tudor Christmas music. Today I am listening to Bach and Charpentier on "The Joy of Music."

BTW, cold roast beef makes a lovely, low-carb breakfast! :)

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
If you're "up the creek without a paddle," you're in a fix, because you're stuck. But if you're up the creek WITH a paddle, canoe just keep going?

tenor.gif

Last edited:
Reactions: DJC3

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
What a crazy night of games and music. Family all now gone home, phew. MRs MC went off to bed and I stayed up and tidied up, I can't stand getting up to the night's before mess. Expected my BG to be high and it was 6.8, could it be that trifle? Back to normal eating now and hopefully some Muddy Bike Rides.

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
2 days in country.
Full on first day.
Scooter sorted, so our for a little recon mission...biking madness.:woot::hilarious:
Few cars but HUNDREDS of scooters
Loving it.

Tried a recommended restaurant..Mmhh not too good..tried a recommended bar...Mmhh not to good either.. so moved on.
Met a couple from hotel, sat for one beer at a live music bar...stayed for many more..hic:wacky:
Coconut vodka...might be my new fav festive drink.

Second day..went into town to head out.
If I thought yesterday was crazy, today is full on CHAOS..or so it seems..4 lanes of traffic, ..except some like to go against the flow, others like to just turn in front of traffic, and some just waltz across the lanes to get wherever they want to be, oncoming traffic..?..not a problem, just turn anyway..god will look after you..:wideyed::rolleyes:

a short ride to next resort, ended up being a trip across the island with one wrong turn..duh.
But we made most of it..

Took one turning... ricketty old log bridges did not inspire confidence..should have read the clues better... road became a dirt track became some ones farm, became someone's garden, much to everyone's surprise , local dogs out to sniff us, and seemed friendly thank god.

Locals put us back on right track.

Have to say locals are exceedingly friendly..a lovely people's.

Then down to beach bars and a French restaurant late night..then home.
Hit 5.2 first morning FBG..post breakfast I hit 6.4..after night out hic..hit 4.2 :wideyed::wideyed::wideyed:

All BG's good and in Range..weather sunny and overcast..yet I still burnt my neck :sorry:

A few pics of OUR festive season.

IMG_20191226_092749~01.jpg

IMG_20191226_092754~01.jpg

Xmas breakfast.

IMG_20191226_174201~01.jpg

Xmas on the beach around a Xmas tree..lol

And Lauren enjoys the day
IMG_20191226_180905~01.jpg

Until it ended...
IMG_20191226_174540~01.jpg

And no holidays complete unless your adopted by one of the locals, right..;)

IMG_20191227_084541~01.jpg

Hope all your Xmas times were as good if not better.

Love to all. X

Reactions: DJC3 and HarryBeau

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
2 days in country.
Full on first day.
Scooter sorted, so our for a little recon mission...biking madness.:woot::hilarious:
Loving it.

Tried a recommended restaurant..Mmhh not too good..tried a recommended bar...Mmhh not to good either.. so moved on.
Met a couple from hotel, sat for one beer at a live music bar...stayed for many more..hic:wacky:

If I thought yesterday was crazy, today is full on CHAOS..or so it seems..4 lanes of traffic, ..except some like to go against the flow, others like to just turn in front of traffic, and some just waltz across the lanes to get wherever they want to be, oncoming traffic..?..not a problem, just turn anyway..god will look after you..:wideyed::rolleyes:

a short ride to next resort, ended up being a trip across the island with one wrong turn..duh.
But we made most of it..

Took one turning... ricketty old log bridges did not inspire confidence..should have read the clues better... road became a dirt track became some ones farm, became someone's garden, much to everyone's surprise , local dogs out to sniff us, and seemed friendly thank god.

Hit 5.2 first morning FBG..post breakfast I hit 6.4..after night out hic..hit 4.2 :wideyed::wideyed::wideyed:

All BG's good and in Range..weather sunny and overcast..yet I still burnt my neck :sorry:

View attachment 37425
View attachment 37426

Xmas breakfast.

View attachment 37427

View attachment 37428

Until it ended...
View attachment 37429

View attachment 37430

Love to all. X
Amazing @jjraak
You are having a wonderful time.
It is infectious reading your post.
I am so pleased for you.
I look forward to more photos!!!

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all on the feast of St John The Apostle. @jjraak lovely photos and sounds as though holiday and you were meant to be. Have a great day y'all and on with the motley if needs be but psalm 147 from v 13 seems a better bet.
After 36 hrs very lc - sashimi (octopus slivers were lovely, tuna and salmon) salad, cold beef and cheese fbg was 6.5. Only fair to say trust between me and LC completely fractured during December so it wouldn't mater much what the number on the meter showed in many ways. More beef, salad and sashimi today. To state the facts frankly is not to despair the future nor indict the past. The prudent heir takes careful inventory of his legacies and gives a faithful accounting to those whom he owes an obligation of trust. John F. Kennedy
Read more at https://www.brainyquote.com/authors/john-f-kennedy-quotes

Last edited:

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
2 days in country.
Full on first day.
Loving it.

But we made most of it..

View attachment 37425
View attachment 37426

Xmas breakfast.

View attachment 37427

View attachment 37428

Until it ended...
View attachment 37429

View attachment 37430

Love to all. X
Oh I love your holiday blogs and pics. Sounds just perfect and exactly what you needed after a heck of a year.

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all on the feast of St John The Apostle. @jjraak lovely photos and sounds as though holiday and you were meant to be. Have a great day y'all and on with the motley if needs be but psalm 147 from v 13 seems a better bet.
After 36 hrs very lc - sashimi (octopus slivers were lovely, tuna and salmon) salad, cold beef and cheese fbg was 6.5. Only fair to say trust between me and LC completely fractured during December so it wouldn't mater much what the number on the meter showed in many ways. More beef, salad and sashimi today. To state the facts frankly is not to despair the future nor indict the past. The prudent heir takes careful inventory of his legacies and gives a faithful accounting to those whom he owes an obligation of trust. John F. Kennedy
Read more at https://www.brainyquote.com/authors/john-f-kennedy-quotes
Love this site. Thanks for sharing.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good Morning and a 5.8 today, better eating regime soon to be resumed once the Christmas left overs have been devoured.

@jjraak all looks and sounds wonderful, I did say you wouldn't escape Christmas though :joyful: I tracked Santa with my Granddaughters and he definitely visited that part of the world.

Avoid the Christmas Blues if you can, relax and prepare for the New Year Celebrations.