What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

lindisfel

Expert
Facts, truth & the Nation, have all had the Full Johnson / Hancock experience.

Nothing to see here, matter closed, move along,
Says Evil Bungle. :rolleyes:

You be careful @jjraak when you are out there!
You never know when a Peroxide Mandrill on a bicycle might come down the footpath and run over a big toe;)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
8.30am FBG 6.3
Its an exciting day, after literally years of work we are finally moving upstairs.
The ensuite shower still has no door, the hinges were not included in the pack and replacements won't be available until end of July. But MrSlim has managed to get the washbasin and toilet functioning. Shower has had to have a separate stop tap.
Cleaning windows and polishing the floor, then the major task of getting our bed up the twisty stone stairs.
Hope all goes well with the bed move and you both enjoy the best of sleeps - so richly deserved.

Reactions: jjraak and dunelm

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
8.30am FBG 6.3
Its an exciting day, after literally years of work we are finally moving upstairs.
The ensuite shower still has no door, the hinges were not included in the pack and replacements won't be available until end of July. But MrSlim has managed to get the washbasin and toilet functioning. Shower has had to have a separate stop tap.
Cleaning windows and polishing the floor, then the major task of getting our bed up the twisty stone stairs.
Excellent news - good luck with that bed and mind your shoulder

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
Most of the bed is now upstairs. This took considerable effort and there was some slight damage to the stairwell in the process. We have black snail trails and hieroglyphs as well as a few gouges. Guess who will be filling and painting tomorrow?
However the top part of the metal frame completely refused to go upstairs. As did the wooden bed base.
MrSlim plans to saw the base in half and then reconstruct it upstairs. We spent a couple of hours on rhe deconstruction phase. I have never seen so many carpet staples.
Meanwhile I had suddenly become domesticated, washing the new linens and then actually ironing them.
This off led to a whole new set of tasks. First find your iron...and ironing board. Both unused for years, need a good clean. Ofc the iron still has an English plug.
The bed base is under reconstruction, but it's possible the top frame which is essential for stability might not be adapted today
Edited to add. We will be sleeping in the pink bedroom. Made the bed, cleaned and am exhausted. No curtains or blinds and the only east facing window in the house, maybe we will be awake early.

Last edited:

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Lovely walk around the lake at Blickling Hall, then lunch at The Muddy Boots cafe. Mr K had his National Trust sausage roll and I had a coffee, plus casien and chia seed protein powder flavoured with Ceylon cinnamon and sweetened with inulin and Erythritol. The casien protein works better than whey isolate as it thickens when water is added, as does the chia seed protein powder - unlike the whey isolate.

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen.

A 4.6 this morning, hmmmmm, steam driven sliderule warmed up, antilog tables open, tea bag reading tea on the brew, all necessary to calculate my insulin dosage, give me quantum physma plasics everyday over calculating doses.

Yesterday climbing ladders, being shouted at " get down off that ladder you silly old fool, and other words ", 2 sessions of jelly babies to the rescue and a little thought perhaps I am not as strong as I thought. Today will be a day of rest.....I hope.

Have a great day all, remember the stays and stay out of camera shot if you are into politics.
Hugs alf take it easy x

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.5

Daily (digital) painting in Procreate.
Inspiration of colours again from Lui Haisu. Done a slightly different treatment.

And Popeye is on his adventures...

AAB656AE-2723-4295-9DA2-AC2273D12A44.jpeg

Saman1

This is a thread for those chatterboxes who not only enjoy letting us know their daily fasting level but also like to engage in friendly banter above and beyond the simple 'hello'. I am not known for my banter but I do enjoy hearing from the regulars about how their day is going, feeds my soul.

So to you, my DCUK friends, here is a new page where you can be as verbose as you wish and still comply with the moderators stick.

Going to link names of regulars, kind of advert for this post and if I've missed your name I apologise.
@karen8967 @gennepher @Freema @johnpol @Jodie1154 @dunelm @philchap1 @alf_Josiah @dogslife @Bubbsie @PenguinMum @SaskiaKC @trick60 @Debandez @ziggy_w @Krystyna23040 @ianpspurs @geefull @jjraak @Patrick66 @OrsonKartt @Cumberland @Chronicle_Cat @Bildad @Goacher55 @JohnEGreen @Prem51

Moderator Comment:

Hi Everyone,
You may find the following information useful when contributing to this thread:

- Threads in the General Chat section of the forum do not appear in the Recent Posts list, so you may want to put the thread on Watch. You can do this by scrolling to the top of the page and looking at the line where the pages are listed. To the right, you will see a Watch Thread option. Click on it, and choose your preferred option when a new post is made (email and/or forum Alerts). That way you can keep up to date when new posts are made.
also
- Every thread, including threads in General Chat, are subject to the forum Ethos and Rules. This means that clique type behaviours, language and ‘us and them’ polarisation will be moderated the same as on any other thread. In the past we have had chat threads that have degenerated into small In Crowd groups being unwelcoming to newcomers, or snarking about events and people elsewhere on the forum. Hopefully this new thread will experience none of that. One way to keep this thread a friendly and welcoming place for everyone is to remember that anyone can see anything you say, whether they are logged into the forum or not, and that all rules on language and friendly support apply here as much as anywhere else on the forum.

Regards,
Brunneria,
On behalf of the moderation team
I had 5.3 this morning. I am on extremely low carb 81g/day and low Fat, no Meat , only fish

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Lovely walk around the lake at Blickling Hall, then lunch at The Muddy Boots cafe. Mr K had his National Trust sausage roll and I had a coffee, plus casien and chia seed protein powder flavoured with Ceylon cinnamon and sweetened with inulin and Erythritol. The casien protein works better than whey isolate as it thickens when water is added, as does the chia seed protein powder - unlike the whey isolate.
National Trust sausage roll - you spoil the guy

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.7 this morning. A lovely relaxing day yesterday. Today, although a long day, has got plenty of breaks. Food all packed up - just one more coffee before walking the dogs and maybe another coffee before driving to Norwich.

Reactions: karen8967

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from another dull and quiet start here in the dark and dangerous north
The wonder wheel of roast beef with onion and mushroom gravy, french beans and cauliflower came in at 5.4 this am

Yesterdays dull start turned into quite a pleasant day and as the girl in the bubble had had a sleep over she was keen to get into the park and then down onto the beach (via a chat with the stone penguins of course). Eldest son and partner have made a start on their new house project - kitchen ripped out yesterday and two stud walls demolished - plumber and electrician had already been in to make pipes and sockets safe. Son is on early shift this week (6 - 2) so he will be moving things up a notch this week. I hope that he gets a move on - our food bill has tripled and he eats some strange stuff - potatoes, pasta, pies - all manner of exotic stuff. It’s nice that he has decided to camp here while the work is done but at 6 foot 4 inches he does tend to get in the way.

art today - Spotted the heron in the park yesterday morning so two versions - one playing with resist, one with a back wash - both on rice paper. Have a marvellous Monday - time for koffy.

upload_2021-6-28_7-7-44.jpeg

upload_2021-6-28_7-7-30.jpeg

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all - no amount of Boosterism could make this a good one. Weather only a mother could love. Swipey felt a 5.3 punishment beating was needed. Crunch time for me and LC this week. Bloods today. Trust hanging by a thread, actually I am beginning to wonder if it is damaging more than helping. Perhaps I will be proved wrong, feelings aren’t reliable, then come on here to eat a huge slice of humble pie (LC obviously). Don’t hold your collective breath. Then bang on cue today's NT reading was Romans 14.13-end:woot: Great art @gennepher / Popeye. Two good pieces @dunelm - we have 2 slightly larger fridge raiders nearby and the third will be here in July - not so much eat as hoover. Interestingly, at home they do the cooking. Tinkety Tonk Old Fruits.

Last edited:

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all - no amount of Boosterism could make this a good one. Weather only a mother could love. Swipey felt a 5.3 punishment beating was needed. Crunch time for me and LC this week. Bloods today. Trust hanging by a thread, actually I am beginning to wonder if it is damaging more than helping. Perhaps I will be proved wrong, feelings aren’t reliable, then come on here to eat a huge slice of humble pie (LC obviously). Don’t hold your collective breath. Then bang on cue today's NT reading was Romans 14.13-end:woot: Great art @gennepher / Popeye. Two good piecesx @dunelm - we have 2 slightly larger fridge raiders nearby and the third will be here in July - not so much eat as hoover. Interestingly at home they are do the cooking. Tinkety Tonk Old Fruits.
All the best for the bloods and I’m sure that you will get a sticker and a sugar free lollipop. After all Vivien, tomorrow is another day

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
This is quite worrying about the Delta variant:
The calls for caution come at a time when research in Australia indicates just how easily the Delta variant can potentially spread. Based on CCTV footage, health officials suspect it has been transmitted in “scarily fleeting” encounters of roughly five to 10 seconds between people walking past each other in an indoor shopping area in Sydney in at least two instances.
July 19?

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
7.10am FBG 5.7
Beautiful sunny morning, the first for ages, we have had several weeks of mostly dull and and some very wet weather, so this is a vast improvement. Will have to go up in the loft though and check on the buckets. Indoor waterfall has been re-instated over the winter and some considerable amount of water trickles down when the conditions are right. Or wrong? Roof will not be fixed until November. The critical bit is the pointing on the chimney, which MrSlim every so often considers doing himself.

Edited to add:
Having read the scarily fleeting warning am not going shopping today. MrSlim will just have to manage without potatoes. That is the only thing we have run out of entirely.

Last edited:
Reactions: karen8967