What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.1 this morning. Mr K is currently checking his motorbike in the integral garage. It is surprisingly noisy when he starts it up.

Today, hopefully, I will catch up completely with the admin. Will just need to make sure I don't get distracted by Suduko and Mah Jong - which often happens when I get fed up with the admi.
Good luck @Krystyna23040 with getting that admin done...

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Dishonesty lies and thieves and online Bullies!!!
@bulkbiker is the expert on lipids and cholesterol and will know what the results mean. Really good that they have given you so much information.
I phoned surgery and asked if I could have a print out of my fasting blood test with urine test, I had to fill out a form at surgery they gave me a full printout of my last blood and urine test. I’m sure someone on here said you can do this nothing ventured nothing gained. Give it a try K

lindisfel

Expert
Marjorie was off to local small town today but another day of rain is in prospect so she has abandoned it again.The month ahead is forecast for rain most days!
This is climate change: it warmer today with windy wet rain instead calmer cold wet rain of yestéday

I have some plumbing to do was when I feel morel like it and get my tools together.

Have a good day everyone
D.

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Not sure I'd claim to be an expert but here's my 2p on your results.

58 isn't bad but also isn't great what meds are you on?

As for cholesterol i'll try and pick out your results as I see them

Trigs 0.8
HDL 1.88
LDL 3.5
Total Cholesterol 5.7 ?

If that's correct and you really are a granny! well done

Your Trig/HDL ratio is at 0.425 anything below 0.87 is thought of as excellent in many enlightened circles.
Also of course higher cholesterol is deemed protective in the older population especially women so...

Edit to add.. if nursey just mentions the total number then please ignore them.
Hi @bulkbiker thank you for explaining it I’ve recently been put on 40mg of Gliclizide 1tablet a day so considering it’s my first fasting bloods since Covid and I had to request it I’m pleased with it overall.
So something must have stuck about diet from being on here years back just need to watch my bad fats intake, but I love porridge in winter I’ve reduced it from 40g to20g today and it’s still pushed my BG from 7.3 to 11 two hours after eating it.
Everything to lower BG and weight like protein high fibre foods and some veggies seems to increase my BG levels I’m dammed if I do and dammed if I don’t I don’t know which way to go with it all.??? Any suggestions K

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello everyone from a mild and dry portion of the Exotic East on the day after the Red Tsunami across the pond failed to materialise. I'm off to Cambridge University Hospital for a routine, for me now, range of blood tests and a PCR test. Routine tests but due to having had COVID and the rebound I have to use a special locked entrance, phone to say I are here and be admitted. Whilst in Cambridge JKP plans on seeing if Lidl still have any of their excellent frozen geese for a late St Martin's day feast on Sunday. https://www.historic-uk.com/CultureUK/Martinmas/ @gennepher hug for the ongoing car issues which I hope are soon resolved. Thanks for the creative - are the darker colours due to car issue? - and video. @dunelm thanks for sharing the latest development of your art which I know will be even more amazing once colour is finally added. I hope the dentist is a compassionate one nation dentist. Hope Mrs Miggins isn't too stiff and sore after #solidfuelgate. @Krystyna23040 best wishes for ploughing through the admin. @Granny_grump_ hopefully those lipids results will please you now they have been explained. If I missed anyone sorry but I'm typing this while another small window is showing the cricket semi final. Anyone else now have all the tools along the top row greyed out? Have as a good a day as your various situations and conditions will allow.

Last edited:

lindisfel

Expert
BG @7.30am this morning was 7.3 got my results from fasting bloods all acceptable levels no action on bloods only one to have gone up is urine creatinine and I think lipids? fasting blood level on day was 6.7 Full blood count all normal no action
liver function normal no action
Hba1C is 58
trigs 0.8 cholesterol.
5.7 HDL serum cholesterol
serum HDL cholesterol level 1.88
LDL cholesterol level 3.5
serum cholesterol/HDL ratio 3
non HDL cholesterol 3.8
lipids need to make appointment to see nurse
it’s been too long since I had a fasting bloods results never got an appointment since Covid so unsure if I’m in good range of results and what is lipids result all about and need appointment with nurse ???
CAN ANYONE EXPLAIN THE RESULTS K
They don't look bad to me, no reason to take statins. You trigs are below one and your HDL is 1.8. Your LDL may be of the less troublesome type.
Your Hba1c is too high

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
They don't look bad to me, no reason to take statins. You trigs are below one and your HDL is 1.8. Your LDL may be of the less troublesome type.
Your Hba1c is too high
Hi @lindisfel our diabetic doctor at our practice is not the best he put me on Gliclizide 80mg a while ago the senior practice doctor phoned me and took me off them no wonder diabetics are in the position their in, now with results showing what they are he’s put me back on Gliclizide 40mg a couple weeks ago again. K

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello everyone from a mild and dry portion of the Exotic East on the day after the Red Tsunami across the pond failed to materialise. I'm off to Cambridge University Hospital for a routine, for me now, range of blood tests and a PCR test. Routine tests but due to having had COVID and the rebound I have to use a special locked entrance, phone to say I are here and be admitted. Whilst in Cambridge JKP plans on seeing if Lidl still have any of their excellent frozen geese for a late St Martin's day feast on Sunday. https://www.historic-uk.com/CultureUK/Martinmas/ @gennepher hug for the ongoing car issues which I hope are soon resolved. Thanks for the creative - are the darker colours due to car issue? - and video. @dunelm thanks for sharing the latest development of your art which I know will be even more amazing once colour is finally added. I hope the dentist is a compassionate one nation dentist. Hope Mrs Miggins isn't too stiff and sore after #solidfuelgate. @Krystyna23040 best wishes for ploughing through the admin. @Granny_grump_ hopefully those lipids results will please you now they have been explained. If I missed anyone sorry but I'm typing this and a small window showing the cricket semi final. Anyone else now have all the tools along the top row greyed out? Have as a good a day as your various situations and conditions will allow.
I knew it was coming with the car. They don't want to do the work. His eyes told me he wasn't telling the truth about something. Yes dark because of that...probably @ianpspurs
Thanks.

A full stressful day for you. Take care.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello everyone from a mild and dry portion of the Exotic East on the day after the Red Tsunami across the pond failed to materialise. I'm off to Cambridge University Hospital for a routine, for me now, range of blood tests and a PCR test. Routine tests but due to having had COVID and the rebound I have to use a special locked entrance, phone to say I are here and be admitted. Whilst in Cambridge JKP plans on seeing if Lidl still have any of their excellent frozen geese for a late St Martin's day feast on Sunday. https://www.historic-uk.com/CultureUK/Martinmas/ @gennepher hug for the ongoing car issues which I hope are soon resolved. Thanks for the creative - are the darker colours due to car issue? - and video. @dunelm thanks for sharing the latest development of your art which I know will be even more amazing once colour is finally added. I hope the dentist is a compassionate one nation dentist. Hope Mrs Miggins isn't too stiff and sore after #solidfuelgate. @Krystyna23040 best wishes for ploughing through the admin. @Granny_grump_ hopefully those lipids results will please you now they have been explained. If I missed anyone sorry but I'm typing this and a small window showing the cricket semi final. Anyone else now have all the tools along the top row greyed out? Have as a good a day as your various situations and conditions will allow.
Hope today goes well @ianpspurs. On my kindle fire the tools on the top row are not greyed out.

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good afternoon ladies and gentlemen, did your day start filled with good intentions? Here in Tilehurst Towers me, me’s and myself did. Alas other stuff got in the way,

Blood sugars this morning were 5.3 I shall say nothing.

I didn’t get taken to Tesco’s, or banished to the koffy shop, but left in my shed literally making firewood. Now I have to sort stuff out in the garden. First an afternoon nap is in order.

RFSMarch

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi @bulkbiker thank you for explaining it I’ve recently been put on 40mg of Gliclizide 1tablet a day so considering it’s my first fasting bloods since Covid and I had to request it I’m pleased with it overall.
So something must have stuck about diet from being on here years back just need to watch my bad fats intake, but I love porridge in winter I’ve reduced it from 40g to20g today and it’s still pushed my BG from 7.3 to 11 two hours after eating it.
Everything to lower BG and weight like protein high fibre foods and some veggies seems to increase my BG levels I’m dammed if I do and dammed if I don’t I don’t know which way to go with it all.??? Any suggestions K
When I was diagnosed my bloods were astronomically high, as was my cholesterol and blood pressure - what seemed good for one was disastrous for another.
My cousin suggested tackling the worst first - and rather than going “cold Turkey” to look into the Glycemic Index and move from high GI foods to medium and then to low.

Then I found THIS site and the LCHF groups and started to work on Carb Counting and started working my way right back down.

There have been MANY ups and downs along the way but right now I try and focus on my carbs and manage those. Everything else seems to have settled down.

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Anyone else now have all the tools along the top row greyed out?
Yeah, all my tool line went AWOL yesterday, only bit I really use is the choice of emojis for inserting into posts

Had same issue just after forum revamp.
Using mobile web under dark theme.

Had a little fiddle unloaded chrome, switched and left phone off, etc..not fixed it as yet .

Good luck on the testing .

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Hi everyone I’ve gotten home from shopping trip @12.00 to supermarket had lunch at 12.45 of two poached eggs one slice bacon 1 slice wholemeal bread cup tea. BG before lunch had dropped to 5.9 mmol from 11 mmol @9.30am will update after 3.30 when I do BG after food. K

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
When I was diagnosed my bloods were astronomically high, as was my cholesterol and blood pressure - what seemed good for one was disastrous for another.
My cousin suggested tackling the worst first - and rather than going “cold Turkey” to look into the Glycemic Index and move from high GI foods to medium and then to low.

Then I found THIS site and the LCHF groups and started to work on Carb Counting and started working my way right back down.

There have been MANY ups and downs along the way but right now I try and focus on my carbs and manage those. Everything else seems to have settled down.
Hi RFSMarch I’m doing exactly the same watching my carbs I’ve done Keto in the past but looking to get back BG control and hopefully some weight loss just want my lovely summer clothes to fit comfortably again so I don’t need to replace everything, but we all need some carbs to stop brain fog that’s why I won’t do Keto again. K

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Moment ago had second message from one of our better practice doctors asking me to make an appointment with practice nurse for diabetic review now I’m wondering why is there something in it I’ve missed. Phoned receptionist but I can’t get in until 17th November in afternoon, only thing I can come up with is the lipids need to Google this and see why. K

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hope today goes well @ianpspurs. On my kindle fire the tools on the top row are not greyed out.
Thanks and to @jjraak . Tests done, goose acquired and defrosting. Still no tools here on Chromebook central. Good news on zipping through the admin. Did Mr K watch the T20 demolition of India? 2 world cup finals this weekend. The Red Roses kick off ( Sat 6.30 am) is a reasonably sensible time as is the cricket (Sun 8.00 am) or so JKP keeps telling me. Sport mad that gel but I guess I'll watch just to keep her sweet and humour her.

Last edited: