What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Been asleep since I last posted. Still very shaky so there's definitely something else going on. Don't know what. BG had gone up to 6.5 but now it's back down a bit to 5.9. I'll keep an eye on it. Just put some fish in the oven and will have that with no insulin and nothing else with it for my proper meal today.

It's being a bad day today - all the BG problem and now my arthritis has suddenly jumped to my right hand. It was already in my left arm and hand but my dominant hand has always been free of it. Today I couldn't hold a pen and my first 2 fingers are burning and painful. That meant I couldn't prep the fish the way I meant to, so I just dropped it into a roasting pan with some stock and shoved it in the oven. Hoping it will improve by tomorrow. Still, there are others, some on this forum, who are worse off than me so I shouldn't complain.

Is that bordering on one of those sins, Ian, comforting myself with the knowledge that other people are suffering more than me? I think it might be.

RFSMarch

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Carb Range: 76-133-191
Monday's Carbs: 109
05:36 6.3 ➡️
Think I might add the carbs from the day before in the range in which I am working to (TDEE based on weight and activity) - yesterday was a decent day!

Long and tiring shift at the golf club. First time closing and heart sank as I saw one guy in the front 9 but he left after that point. Then on my travels collecting the flags... another guy, a lovely Texan guy who was determined to see it through so I had to just tootle behind but still just managed to get the final flags in as the girls in the club-house had locked up and gone home early!
Dinner was a couple of Hertz frankfurters and half small tub of potato salad but surprisingly bloods steady overnight and not even a compression low from sleeping on my arm!

To my amazement Egyptian lodger actually took the bins out last night on his way to work. Then I had to giggle as he posted in the house WhatsApp group that he had put the bins out - as if ACTUALLY doing something he should be regularly doing needs specific praise. Still... if it means he gets his lazy backside moving and pulling his weight in the house, then a perfunctory "cheers" should do the trick.

Playing in a Medal comp today but apparently ... it is going to snow. But at least my battery should now be charged. So... Yay?

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Mrs J has told me to thank you all for the best wishes yesterday, amongst her presents was a travel iron, proportedly to iron her painting canvases, but we shall see.

Good Morening Ladies and Gentleman and those that survived playing on the bacon slicer as children.

A 6.7 this morning. I also stood on the bathroom scales, my, you should of heard the language.

Now it’s time to get going, where I know not. Ideas on a post card please.
Stay safe all.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Mrs J has told me to thank you all for the best wishes yesterday, amongst her presents was a travel iron, proportedly to iron her painting canvases, but we shall see.

Good Morening Ladies and Gentleman and those that survived playing on the bacon slicer as children.

A 6.7 this morning. I also stood on the bathroom scales, my, you should of heard the language.

Now it’s time to get going, where I know not. Ideas on a post card please.
Stay safe all.
Wonderfully thoughtful gift - I use an old iron to dry ink if I am in a hurry to get another layer on.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from yet another day without the promised delivery of snow here in the dark and dangerous north. The garage is slowly being emptied in anticipation of being split into two rooms and insulated. The last of the oak cabinets went yesterday to a new home and eldest son and his partner came round and took possession of our old dining room table and the last couple of spare chairs. Does that mean that we won’t need them when Christmas Day comes back around? Art bit, some more details added. Hope you all have as pleasant a day as you possibly can. Best get on, koffy awaits.

1678179322215.jpeg

lindisfel

Expert
Beautiful bright and frosty morning in Cumbria with virtually no breeze. Took Marjorie to the bus in Wigton (waiting outside the pub Melvyn Bragg's parents had when he was young)
for her trip to Tai Chi in Carlisle. Will pick her up at main road at c.12.00 then a quick lunch and I am off to have the stitches out my back at local surgery this pm.
A few years ago I would not been able to resist a day out birding on a day like today.
Have a good day
Derek

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
BG at 4 am was 10.9. Hands still very sore and using them is difficult today. I've ordered a couple of pairs of fingerless compression gloves which might help. At present,I think there is inflammation around my finger joints which is causing the problem. It may improve once that settles down. Hope so, anyway.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Once again it is morning in Little America which seems to happen frequently, almost daily. Latest UK shortage appears to be fruitcake - they were frothing at the gills trying to help the serially egregious malfeasant with his latest marvel of mendacity. Whilst you or I couldn't write it he could and indeed has. Moving on but very slowly. @Annb hug for the arthritis and no it isn't a sin more compassion for others. @dunelm thanks for sharing your journey with that precarious lighthouse. Best wishes for the garage conversion. 3 years on and mine still isn't a gym although over the last month space is opening up. @RFSMarch great fbg after yesterday and a house whatsApp group would probably be beyond my 93 yo MIL. Hope the medal comp goes well, especially after your chipping practice. @Krystyna23040 do take it easy when the chance comes. @jjraak fbg looking good. @lindisfel wonderful of Marjorie to carry on with Tai Chi and I hope the stitches come out easy as you like, Anyone here have/use Libre 3 although I gather there is a L4. Enjoy or battle through today Kipling like IF you can.

Last edited:

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
BG at 4 am was 10.9. Hands still very sore and using them is difficult today. I've ordered a couple of pairs of fingerless compression gloves which might help. At present,I think there is inflammation around my finger joints which is causing the problem. It may improve once that settles down. Hope so, anyway.
I have those fingerless compression gloves.
They help me.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.7

Snow this morning, so changed my plans to go out.
But then I saw the next few mornings were going to be below freezing temperatures, tomorrow being -4C, and so I changed my mind about going out this morning because the sun came out.

Only just got back.

Midnight was helping me with my digital sheep painting. He had grabbed my arm and wasn't letting go.

No sign of Marmalade nor Merlin, nor any cat apart from Midnight who spent the night indoors sleeping on me.

But driving on the way home, I did see Marmalade a couple of roads away going into someone's garden.

Merlin would normally be in the sun outside my kitchen door, but no sign of him.

Yesterday Midnight refused pont blank to go into the kitchen, and I had to open a window at the back of the bungalow so he could leave and enter that way. Midnight actually looked too scared to enter the kitchen yesterday.

Wildlife nighttime is an odd video. No sign of any cat feeding on the swing in the night. Normally there is a constant procession of cats all night, feeding off the cat biscuits on the swing. And Foxy Loxy is behaving very oddly. He is very skittish, and very jumpy.

And Foxy Loxy jumped on the swing and stole the cats good cat biscuits.

The cats are about, but which ones? They are all lying low. I put loads of wet cat food out before I went out earlier. And some nice tasty cat biscuits. It had nearly all been eaten when I got back. The fox has never visited in the daytime yet, so I am assuming it is the usual stray cats. I am hoping I will see all the cats on tonight's wildlife cameras, including Merlin.

I am sitting on my couch by the front window in the sun.
No jobs are getting done today.
I am just going to make a flask of tea...and chill out...

Have your best day...

4FCC091F-70F9-4D23-A5B2-44B22E786427.jpeg

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.7

But then I saw the next few mornings were going to be below freezing temperatures, tomorrow being -4C, and so I changed my mind about going out this morning because the sun came out.

Only just got back.

Midnight was helping me with my digital sheep painting. He had grabbed my arm and wasn't letting go.

No sign of Marmalade nor Merlin, nor any cat apart from Midnight who spent the night indoors sleeping on me.

But driving on the way home, I did see Marmalade a couple of roads away going into someone's garden.

Merlin would normally be in the sun outside my kitchen door, but no sign of him.

Yesterday Midnight refused pont blank to go into the kitchen, and I had to open a window at the back of the bungalow so he could leave and enter that way. Midnight actually looked too scared to enter the kitchen yesterday.

Wildlife nighttime is an odd video. No sign of any cat feeding on the swing in the night. Normally there is a constant procession of cats all night, feeding off the cat biscuits on the swing. And Foxy Loxy is behaving very oddly. He is very skittish, and very jumpy.

The cats are about, but which ones? They are all lying low. I put loads of wet cat food out before I went out earlier. And some nice tasty cat biscuits. It had nearly all been eaten when I got back. The fox has never visited in the daytime yet, so I am assuming it is the usual stray cats. I am hoping I will see all the cats on tonight's wildlife cameras, including Merlin.

Have your best day...

View attachment 59744
It's like oceans 11 in your garden, with the fox being so cheeky ..lol.

Curious midnight was so reluctant to visit kitchen .

And funny you saw marmalade making a snap inspection of one of his other homes. :hilarious:

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg 6.7

Only just got back.

Have your best day...

View attachment 59744
Enjoy the tea and place in the sun. Thanks for the creative.

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin

My brother tells me that he has a cat visitor. I don't know if it is him or her but it is a regular visitor. It has a collar, and its long fur is well groomed so presumably has a home to go to but every morning it wanders in through the back door, eats the food that is put down for it, settles on the settee for a while, and then asks to be let out at the front door, strolls across the road and into the house of a neighbour where, presumably, the same pattern is followed before it goes out of the back door and on to inspect the next of its premises. Sometimes it seems to reverse the visits later in the day on its way home.