What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Mal37

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Social situations
I am sure u have @Mal37 - but it’s not how many times we fall but how many times you get back up this is it for all of us on here, the rest of our lives. It the consistency that counts isn’t it. I wonder if I can be consistent - I’m exhausted with all the exercise already- I just want a rest from it but I know I can’t and it’s a horrible thought. I hope I can find the staying power that you and all the others have shown.
Dr Jung, in his book The Diabetic Code places little importance on the exercise flexi, and more on the diet and the fasts. He is a leading expert so I bow to his knowledge. I take a mile walk into town and back twice a week, but aprt from that 'running the home' and gardening are my only execise!!!

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Take care young lady - hope nothing serious is heading your way
Thanks ian think i may of made a mistake with basal insulin last night (not enough) but didnt want to correct cos i wasnt sure if i continue to go high it may be the start of a summer cold

Reactions: Cumberland

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yes@DJC3 this forum is definitely a force for good and the support from others in the same boat is such a plus. The high achievers (you all know who u r... low numbers, excellent exercisers etc) are a shining light for us to follow- and lucky for us they are kind enough to share their experience and tips. I’ll help u if u help me - I need gentle, kind, guilt trip encouragement- ( I hate the sergeant major stuff- I’m too much of a rebel lol) xx

You’re on!
Onwards and downwards, @SueJB will be cycling alongside on her new exercise bike too. @ianpspurs I’m sure you will nudge us in the right direction.
Maybe this should be a new thread though.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dr Jung, in his book The Diabetic Code places little importance on the exercise flexi, and more on the diet and the fasts. He is a leading expert so I bow to his knowledge. I take a mile walk into town and back twice a week, but aprt from that 'running the home' and gardening are my only execise!!!

That’s true, and I’m also a great fan.
I’ve certainly noticed a difference since I upped the ante though.
I guess it may be because I lost such a lot of muscle mass while in hosp last year, maybe I’m just building it up which is taking up the extra glucose.

Mal37

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Social situations
That’s true, and I’m also a great fan.
I’ve certainly noticed a difference since I upped the ante though.
I guess it may be because I lost such a lot of muscle mass while in hosp last year, maybe I’m just building it up which is taking up the extra glucose.
Sorry to hear about your hospital stay and I do hope you have now recovered your former strength :)

Reactions: ziggy_w and Freema

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
You’re on!
Onwards and downwards, @SueJB will be cycling alongside on her new exercise bike too. @ianpspurs I’m sure you will nudge us in the right direction.
Maybe this should be a new thread though.
Exercise, bikes, walking, swimming, HIIT and stuff is the thread title I've created but don't know @DJC3 how to let everyone see it

Reactions: ziggy_w

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Foodwise Nuts & Mushrooms (Vomit)
@DJC3 Think old Randle and Hopkirk may be onto something. After feeding the bod with 2 pints tea and double cream in lieu of lunch ( and step count now @ 6.4K) bg is now 4.6 - more like it!:)

Funny you should mention Randall & Hopkirk (Deceased) been series recording them on Sky and binge watching them over the past fortnight

I like that program and other sixties shows like the Avengers, the Champions etc

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Funny you should mention Randall & Hopkirk (Deceased) been series recording them on Sky and binge watching them over the past fortnight

I like that program and other sixties shows like the Avengers, the Champions etc

I used to love The Persuaders. Had a complete crush on Tony Curtis and the theme tune still makes me feel happy. However I recently found they were rerunning the series on a satelite channel, I couldn’t finish watching one episode, it was really dreadful! I was quite embarrassed as I’d told my kids how great it was.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Sorry to hear about your hospital stay and I do hope you have now recovered your former strength :)

Getting there, thank you.
Funnily enough there was a discussion on the radio today about how quickly muscle mass disappears. They are starting a ‘pj paralysis’ campaign to get hospitalised people to get dressed in the day rather than stay in hospital gowns which they think will encourage moving around and prevent this rapid muscle loss.

Mal37

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Social situations
Getting there, thank you.
Funnily enough there was a discussion on the radio today about how quickly muscle mass disappears. They are starting a ‘pj paralysis’ campaign to get hospitalised people to get dressed in the day rather than stay in hospital gowns which they think will encourage moving around and prevent this rapid muscle loss.
Oh I know only too well. My mother has been in hospital for a few weeks and has become weak through not being allowed to walk, as well as losing over two stone in weight :( They are now trying to build her up to return home

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Oh I know only too well. My mother has been in hospital for a few weeks and has become weak through not being allowed to walk, as well as losing over two stone in weight :( They are now trying to build her up to return home

I do Hope she recovers soon @Mal37. I was amazed at how quickly I lost it.
It wasn’t through not being allowed to walk though - I simply felt too ill to get up and the muscle just melted away. My legs are like sparrows’ now!