What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Ziggy2017

Type of diabetes
Type 3
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes and injections
That’s not cheating that’s fasting! Frankly Ziggy you have so much to put up with that no one could ever accuse you of cheating- your posts help me keep my own challenges in perspective- hope you have a pain free day.
@rhubarb73 thanks :) I though it counted since I eat breakfast

Ziggy2017

Type of diabetes
Type 3
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes and injections
Morning all 5.7 today - not good but signs of recovery. I need some cheery news, noticed it is getting dark much earlier so 8-9 months of cold. dark conditions and stupid amounts of clothing on the way - worst of all actually sleeping inside the duvet. I love cheering people up in the morning:angelic:
As @rhubarb73 said, @Ziggy2017 you help us all keep things in perspective - (but I still can't find any way to like autumn or winter and most of spring)
@ianpspurs thanks :) I absolutely love autumn and winter I love the clothes and I love when my mum makes a fire in the fireplace for us

Reactions: JohnEGreen

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All. A glorious 5.1 this morning. That does t happen often as long as its in the 5s am happy though. Going home later today taking my friend to other friends to stay for 2 days and then picking her up and staying with her for weekend. She had her hair shaved off yesterday and after lots of tears we had an hour being creative with scarves with a few giggles. Then she is into her good10 days before the next treatment. Hope OH and son have kept house tidy! Cant wait to see my cat girlies.
Have a good day everyone. Like @ianpspurs I spent first hour (6.30-7.30) under duvet for months!!

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
good morning all :)4.5 today
@ianpspurs I'm not a great fan of winter either :(
Fantastic number again @geefull and what a superstar you are for doing extra days in the charity shop. Obviously. I had no idea at the time that 1955 (my YOB) was a hot summer which may play a part in my preference. I also "lived for cricket" and played winter sports just to keep active. I like watching football and rugby so the summer tours and World Cup were perfect. I just don't like layers and layers needed for winter and am agog when the moment it goes below 22C people wander around like Nanook of the North.

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All. A glorious 5.1 this morning. That does t happen often as long as its in the 5s am happy though. Going home later today taking my friend to other friends to stay for 2 days and then picking her up and staying with her for weekend. She had her hair shaved off yesterday and after lots of tears we had an hour being creative with scarves with a few giggles. Then she is into her good10 days before the next treatment. Hope OH and son have kept house tidy! Cant wait to see my cat girlies.
Have a good day everyone. Like @ianpspurs I spent first hour (6.30-7.30) under duvet for months!!
Safe journey home

rhubarb73

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
aubergine
@rhubarb73 thanks :) I though it counted since I eat breakfast

Personally I try not to skip meals. I know some find it, or longer fasting helpful but I set myself some rules one of which is to try not to get hungry- a diet plan where you lose weight without getting hungry is a winning strategy for me. I’m getting close to BMI normal healthy weight now.
I’ll keep the fasts in the toolbox for later.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Cant wait to see my cat girlies.
@PenguinMum Hug for your friend and props to you for being one of life's good guys and helping her through. Then you let yourself down by liking cats :arghh: I wasn't under the duvet yet thankfully - just know it is coming and dreading it. Biggest threat to staying low carb for me was being cold at night - needing clothing in bed is right up there with coconut and anchor butter on the list of things likely to make me a serial killer:angelic:
Son and OH keeping house tidy? That's on the same list as quiche eating for real men:)

Last edited:

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@PenguinMum Hug for your friend and props to you for being one of life's goo guys and helping her through. Then you let yourself own by liking cats :arghh: I wasn't under the duvet yet thankfully just know it is coming and dreading it. Biggest threat to staying low carb for me was being cold at night - needing clothing in bed is right up there with coconut and anchor butter on the list of things likely to make me a serial killer:angelic:
Son and OH keeping house tidy? That's on the same list as quiche eating for real men:)
Ha! Are you a dog person then? I dont mind dogs but love my furry girls. It has to be really cold for me to be layered up. With you on Anchor, West Country Salted butter for me or Lurpak if not. House tidy? Yeah with you on that as regards son certainly.
Not liking these evenings drawing in now but still some decent weather left I hope.

Canvaspic

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning all. 5.8 today. Had a full lung workup yesterday in hospital. CT, scope and lung function. Mostly ok, but found a candida (yeast) infection in the esophagus(or that vacinity). Need to work a bit harder and smarter on my blood sugars. But taking @rhubarb73 timely advice, nothing too mad, dont get too hungry and do my excercise.
Back on the treadmill, metforically and literally today. Have a great day folks.

Chronicle_Cat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
After yesterday of higher readings (it is possible to have a "bread" hangover due to the experimentation of the previous day)? maybe it was the added stress that day?, today's reading was in a better range 5.8

Today will be a busy day. I have to drive across the city, see my 92 year dad and take him with his walker to visit my 90 year mom with Alzheimer's who lives in a nearby long term care/nursing home. (He lives in a retirement home, she moved to a nursing home in February due to her Alzheimer's. He shows no sign of Alzheimer's is getting frail and finds it stressful dealing with her although he loves her very much. When she gets upset, she phones him rather than me or my sister.) It's hard for them to be physically separated although they both recognize it is for the best.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
After yesterday of higher readings (it is possible to have a "bread" hangover due to the experimentation of the previous day)? maybe it was the added stress that day?, today's reading was in a better range 5.8 It's hard for them to be physically separated although they both recognize it is for the best.
Very moving post @Chronicle_Cat. I would think that situation is stressful for you and doesn't help bg levels one bit.

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
5.9 today - a relection on the past 3 days, I have had family here staying with me and consumed more wine than I should have! Enough said :)

UPDATE ON THE EVENT

DATE - SATURDAY 1ST SEPTEMBER - BIRMINGHAM

I have now had the venue details confirmed to me by DCUK and I am very pleased to announce the details are as follows:

VENUE: A HEALTHY EATERY IN BIRMINGHAM (PERSONAL INVITES WILL CONFIRM FULL DETAILS)

It looks perfect for what we need. A small and informal gathering. I phoned them to discuss our requirements this morning and they confimed that part will be sectioned off for us so we will have our privacy. The other part will still be open to the public but it seems to be quiet at the weekend. We can move tables to suit our needs. There are 2 toilets including one with disabled access. There is also a room available if we need to change. The lunch menu will be available to us but possibly just 5 options to choose from which they are currently sorting with DCUK who will speak to us before finalising. The good news is there are lots of options for us including eggs!

PARKING - available close by and also on side steets around and about

TIME: 12 NOON UNTIL 3PM (however we can get there from 11.30am onwards). There are several attending who are staying over the night before and we will be on hand to meet and greet across the area if required, for example at the coach station or grand central train station, if anyone wants help getting there, or a bit of company. After the event if we decide we are really enjoying ourselves and don't want to dash off there is a lovely pub nearby.

EVENT ITSELF - There will be an introduction by someone from DCUK followed by plenty of time to discuss and chat about everything and anything! Very easy, relaxed atmosphere. We are hoping to have several new comers to the LCHF woe that we can share our knowledge with and help along their journey as we were helped on ours. The plans are to have our various leaflets and booklets we are currently working on to hand out and to be photographed. DCUK will no doubt be adding these as links to the site fo future reference as ebooklets. I have ordered some name badges so we will all know who is who. I plan to do a Q&A sheet for anything we don't have the answer to on the day. They can then be followed up.

There will be a PR team there and photos/video will be taken. If anyone isn't happy with that please don't worry you won't need to get in the photo/video.

Invitations are currently being designed by DCUK and those who have confirmed their attendence will be receiving their invites very soon. I have a couple of people who have said they are interested in coming that I haven't had a chance to get back to yet due to family commitments (I have had family staying with me for 3 days so practically had come to a standstill) but I will be contacting you soon. Apologies for delay.

I do still have a couple of spaces if anyone would like to join us. Please let me know as soon as possible.

THIS IS ALL ABOUT GETTING THE LCHF WORD OUT THERE AND WILL BE A FANTASTIC OPPORTUNITY TO DO JUST THAT. IT'S JUST SO EXCITING.

LOOKING FORWARD TO MEETING EVERYONE VERY SOON. AND FOR THOSE THAT AREN'T ABLE TO MAKE IT DON'T WORRY WE ARE HOPING THAT THERE WILL BE A NEXT TIME.

Last edited: