What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Vegan handbag and cashmere scarf plus a few odd bits until we go look at shops seems nice and easy. Think the vegan bag would be very funny as I know she wants a leather one - is that just a little too teasing?
I have less problem with non leather handbag than I have with ‘vegan’. Some of them now look/feel very real these days but for heavens sake do not say “I thought you might like a vegan handbag!

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Quote for today
FB_IMG_1545233482417.jpg

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I have less problem with non leather handbag than I have with ‘vegan’. Some of them now look/feel very real these days but for heavens sake do not say “I thought you might like a vegan handbag!
You really have not caught on to me have you - that is precisely how I would/will play it and appear outraged if she is anything less than delighted. I will then spend days claiming I was thinking of the animals/our grandchildren:angelic:

Reactions: jjraak

Spl@

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Humans that only take.
@Spl@ I just "got" your name. Love it. :D And I hope it has nothing to do with handlebars and road surfaces! Or walking out of the bakery carrying a loaf of bread and a pound of butter ... :D

Was inspired by a fellow on a motorcycle forum I moderate (very broad minded plain speaking place) as he had used a, 'w' and a 't'. That's as far as I'm going on a family forum.

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

LOL that reminds me of another thread on another forum here in which there is a discussion about "diabetic nurses". I even saw ads for vegan-"leather" handbags on a horse-supply website, which I thought odd because most saddles and bridles are made of real leather, to say nothing of the fact that they're used on real live horses.

@ianpspurs if you ever do get cracked heels, just rub a squeeze or two of Julie's lotion on the soles of your feet and then put your socks on. Then give Julie a squeeze or two.

@Spl@ your motorcycle sounds like a horse BB I know that is also family-friendly and so replaces several letters with *s and !s and one of the favorite expressions when someone doesn't get something is "Where's the fruitbat?"

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
LOL that reminds me of another thread on another forum here in which there is a discussion about "diabetic nurses". I even saw ads for vegan-"leather" handbags on a horse-supply website, which I thought odd because most saddles and bridles are made of real leather, to say nothing of the fact that they're used on real live horses.

@ianpspurs if you ever do get cracked heels, just rub a squeeze or two of Julie's lotion on the soles of your feet and then put your socks on. Then give Julie a squeeze or two.

@Spl@ your motorcycle sounds like a horse BB I know that is also family-friendly and so replaces several letters with *s and !s and one of the favorite expressions when someone doesn't get something is "Where's the fruitbat?"
I really wouldn't know where to look for Julie's cream and I kinda hope I never do. Why would I ever get cracked heels?

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I really wouldn't know where to look for Julie's cream and I kinda hope I never do. Why would I ever get cracked heels?

I thought that since you posted that you didn't have cracked heels at your last heel check, you might not know how to treat them should you happen to get them before your next one.

Reactions: Geoffno6

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I thought that since you posted that you didn't have cracked heels at your last heel check, you might not know how to treat them should you happen to get them before your next one.
Thanks - I wasn't taking offence just amazed that a) Nurse should ever think I would have cracked heels (which I never have) and b) anyone would imagine I was the kind of man who would know where or what Julie's cream was:angelic:

Last edited:

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
You really have not caught on to me have you - that is precisely how I would/will play it and appear outraged if she is anything less than delighted. I will then spend days claiming I was thinking of the animals/our grandchildren:angelic:
I guess not...you’re anold softie really and I wont tell anyone...as long as Mrs P gets the bag of her dreams in the sales, I suppose a few days teasing might be worth it!

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Foodwise Nuts & Mushrooms (Vomit)
Late on parade

3.1 at 2am treated

3.2 at 4.30 treated

Been running on the low side (for me) all day

To those partying over the next few days stay safe but have fun

Reactions: karen8967

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Happy Saturday! 6.5 this morning at 8:30.

This is why I posted that managing blood sugars is like herding cats IMO. ).

One thing that does seem to be consistent is that grains spike me higher than sugary snacks like the chocolate bars. And a nice thing is that I can eat an Atkins low-carb Protein-Rich bar as a late night snack and not spike a high FBG the next morning.

All I know is that I am doing the best I can.

I am going to accept that life is like riding a horse -- sometimes you have to let it go out of the bridle and get out of its mouth.

Hi @SaskiaKC ,
i knew i'd seen it here,

Some one said previously, it's a marathon not a sprint..
so If we stumble along the way once or twice, it doesn't matter if we still pick yourself up, and finish the race in a decent time.

And from the spirit I've seen on here, that's going to be a BUSY finishing line..

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Agree with you jjraak about missing bread, fresh from the baker with butter would be my kryptonite, Just thinking abo...…. drooooooool. (slap!). Sorry.

hahahaha....:hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

Yep, bang on the button there, mate..Nom, Nom, Nom....KrYptonite indeed.

(Also liking the moniker...
got a telling off for using the 'T' word in one post on here, before i learned it's considered naughty.

....the amount of times some one's got called THAT in my time.......:D )

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi @SaskiaKC ,
i knew i'd seen it here,

Some one said previously, it's a marathon not a sprint..
so If we stumble along the way once or twice, it doesn't matter if we still pick yourself up, and finish the race in a decent time.

And from the spirit I've seen on here, that's going to be a BUSY finishing line..

Yes. All coming down to the wire nose to nose and shoulder to shoulder. :)

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
"Evening all! Hope you're all good! I am not sure whether this is the cause, I shall have to repeat the process few more times and gather more data, but crashed garlic into a pulp mixed in with extra virgin olive oil, a dash of fresh lemon juice, mixed into a sauce may be doing the trick here?! Twice now I've used it and both times the after meal readings are at very good levels! Before meal today, reading mmol/L 5.1, 2 hours after meal the reading was at 5.6 (this morning's reading, after a cup of coffee was at 6.2) I've used 5 cloves to make the sauce, I personally like garlic, but it would be an issue for those that don't, the odour is Powerful! LOL! Best to wishes to all. Theo."

I find a tot of whiskey does wonders. I try to keep my garlic use to a minimum as it boosts the immune system purportedly.

Last edited:

Roulis

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening all! Hope you're all good! I am not sure whether this is the cause, I shall have to repeat the process few more times and gather more data, but crashed garlic into a pulp mixed in with extra virgin olive oil, a dash of fresh lemon juice, mixed into a sauce may be doing the trick here?! Twice now I've used it and both times the after meal readings are at very good levels! Before meal today, reading mmol/L 5.1, 2 hours after meal the reading was at 5.6 (this morning's reading, after a cup of coffee was at 6.2) I've used 5 cloves to make the sauce, I personally like garlic, but it would be an issue for those that don't, the odour is Powerful! LOL! Best to wishes to all. Theo.