What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Roulis

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@Roulis Sorry but it would seem I replied to your post before you posted it now there's passing strange :***:
Sorry about that! Its me that caused this! I went back in to the post to edit it, as I missed out some information reference lemon juice. That probably is the reason for this! Hope you are well anyway! Have a great night!

Spl@

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Humans that only take.
"Evening all! Hope you're all good! I am not sure whether this is the cause, I shall have to repeat the process few more times and gather more data, but crashed garlic into a pulp mixed in with extra virgin olive oil, a dash of fresh lemon juice, mixed into a sauce may be doing the trick here?! Twice now I've used it and both times the after meal readings are at very good levels! Before meal today, reading mmol/L 5.1, 2 hours after meal the reading was at 5.6 (this morning's reading, after a cup of coffee was at 6.2) I've used 5 cloves to make the sauce, I personally like garlic, but it would be an issue for those that don't, the odour is Powerful! LOL! Best to wishes to all. Theo."

I find a tot of whiskey does wonders. I try to keep my garlic use to a minimum as it boosts the immune system purportedly.
You can keep the Whiskey, may snif at a drop of port. Good stuff mind but garlic. OMG love the stuff me and the wife must be radioactive some days. I can eat it raw, I have been in a restaurant and complained at how wimpey the garlic mayo was. Three times I sent it back. When it turned up the final time it would strip paint. It was epic and we emptied the pot. To the amazement of the server.

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Sorry about that! Its me that caused this! I went back in to the post to edit it, as I missed out some information reference lemon juice. That probably is the reason for this! Hope you are well anyway! Have a great night!

Thanks for clearing that up as I was hoping it wasn't just me ... :D

What do you put the garlic sauce on?

@Spl@ I am planning on making garlic bread for Christmas dinner but I doubt mine could strip paint! If you don't want your whiskey may I have it please?

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
6.0 this morning at silly o'clock for some reason I am waking up at 3:26 AM every morning of late even after being awake till 1:30 AM so now am awake with a headache and a cup of coffee.

but garlic. OMG love the stuff

I like it well enough but when your taking immuosupresents garlic in quantity can be a little counter productive.

Last edited:

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
And here's me thinking I had got my time machine working at long last.:)

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen, the season of good will does not extend to those lying, cheating, self serving, expense fiddling policians, their that feels better.
A gentle 6.5 for me on this going to be fun morning.
Well folks, I have time to post before my grandchildren turn up, lots planned. Most important is the traditional bbq if the rain stops, then all-sorts of games, like remove Mrs J's , well some of them decorations.
Whatever you have planned enjoy it

trick60

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning all, a 5.3 greeted me this morning I was hoping the new batteries in the testing dice would get me in the fours, but alas no, the fours were beaten back by the gingerbread man that I dismembered over the course of the day, and half a tub of halo top at teatime.... and perhaps the clementine, ooh and the choccy tree decoration that I shared with my granddaughter, and the Malbec which went down nicely
As they say "There's nothing more tempting than temptation", and there is plenty of that at this time of year.

Happy Sunday everybody.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning prick-and-tell massive. 5.1 on my meter . Unusually dark here today. Very interesting how my journey with this condition has changed me. I used to love the food at Christmas, actively planning my pleasures. Now it is just a problem time to be managed without spoiling it all for everyone. Neither stance is right but the idea of a journey is really helpful - much more relaxed than first year.
Y'all have great days and make lasting happy memories if at all possible :)

Last edited:

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning all
4.6 today
Exciting day ahead picking up youngest son for Christmas and looking forward to fun times ahead. Will be doing several curries today a tradition when he comes back for Christmas and large online grocery shop due today - crossing fingers
Have a good Sunday all.

Emma_369

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
4.5 this Sunday morning. Today I will be a little elf delivering presents to anyone I need to. Xmas spirit is at it’s highest!!! Which Is a great thing as it’s distracted my mind from the fact I have a full on head cold and a cough that could rival a seal! Positivity is the best medicine I believe. Have a great day everyone :)

Roulis

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all. Hope everyone is well! it's chucking dow this morning! Just made my self a strong cup of coffee and getting ready to get out, I had a good night's sleep, feeling energetic so i am going to blast the badminton this morning!. I've challenged my wife and daughter to game - 2 against one, this will be a rush!! 5.9 on the 'richter' scale this morning, I am happy with that! Could be the garlic that I had last night, followed by shed load of pure cinnamon which i poured over my double cream and home baked cake that I had for afters! Have a great day everyone! Theo.

Ziggy2017

Type of diabetes
Type 3
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes and injections
Good morning everyone woke with various different blood sugars 5.4 4.9. And 4.3 I’m feeling a bit low so I have no clue what is going on today with my BGs. Church today then off to see my aunt (on dads side of the family) then tonight my mum or dad is going to pick up my older brother as he is home from England for Christmas have a good day everyone :)

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All. 6.2 at 0800. Last night I gave in two tiny juicy perfect clementines. Isnt it strange that when you have something naughty but nice it tastes even better than ever before. I am off to Kent soon to deliver some cheer to my lovely friend who is just not up to spending Christmas with us this year. But we are going to plan a big celebration in 2019 when she is well, PG.
Have a good Sunday everyone. Stay safe, drive carefully, stay well or get better and have fun.