What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good evening all :)

was 4.9 this morning

late posting :sorry: slept in a bit then we had to go out and order a new heating oil tank followed by being out volunteering for the rest of the day.

The new tank will be about a week getting here because they hadn't one the right size in stock. Then we move on to getting the heating engineer to do the transfer. Fingers crossed it goes smoothly.

@Cumberland - just sending hugs.

Hope your day went well :)
Hope the heating oil tank swap goes smoothly

Reactions: jjraak

Chronicle_Cat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone, 5.9 for me which is the highest I've been in weeks. I made a birthday cake yesterday for my daughter's 32nd and had a crumb (literally) of it. There's no doubt that I'm certainly still am diabetic.

@Cumberland, I'm so sorry about little Banger. Hugs.

Last edited:

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
This made me smile. I hope it will make y'all smile too.

lifebuzz-58c40987774dc219d5a8409f02b6b58c-limit_2000.jpg

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I know a few of you good folk have wondered where I’d been - I’m back now as I didn’t want to post bad news over the festive- new year period

Unfortunately little puppy Banger passed away in his sleep - he just stopped breathing we only knew things were amiss when we thought we had better wake him up as he seemed to be asleep a long time.

The vet said he had haemorrhaged

Happy New Year to you all take care
So sorry to hear that. How thoughtful of you not to tell anyone so as not to upset them over the festive period. You can talk about it now. Sounds like Banger didn't suffer. Good to focus on that. Big hugs.

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
@SaskiaKC Sorry but can't view image (Due to GDPR compliance, LifeBuzz is currently unavailable in your country. We are sorry for the inconvenience, and are working quickly to make LifeBuzz compliant in your region.)

Reactions: DJC3

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
6.4 yesterday (after effects of NYE Chinese, thought I had escaped!)
6.1 today. Going in the right direction. Hopefully back in the 5s tomorrow. Very low carb day today. Stressed though looking for outfit for wedding.....on Saturday!!!! No pressure. I think I have it in the bag....literally!

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Oh, bummer, @JohnEGreen and @Debandez and, presumably, almost everyone else. I'm sorry, I had no idea. This is what the sign says; it's all words, no illustrations, so:

DO NOT TRUST
ATOMS
THEY MAKE UP
EVERYTHING

Reactions: DJC3

dogslife

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Unfairness/ use of offensive language.
@dogslife I have spent the last 9 months supporting a close friend through surgery, chemo, radiotherapy and bone infusion. I am her next of kin because she has no family and I totally understand how you feel. The only thing I can say is I think the treatment now compared to years ago is so advanced and hopefully your friend will come through well. Its so great she has you in her corner, try not to stress too much. X
Thank you PenguinMum for your thoughtful words. Your friend is blessed to have you.:)

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
"Legend has it that if you sip a good Scotch you hear one piper. If the Scotch is mellow, two or three pipers. If the Scotch is smooth, five or six pipers. And if the Scotch is truly noble, you'll hear 100 pipers playing."
--vintage ad for 100 Pipers Scotch

My question: how would you describe the whisky that lets you hear eleven pipers piping?

... and if 100 Pipers is noble, then Chivas is Regal.