What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
According to a BuzzFeed quiz, Where Exactly in Canada Are You From? -- I am from Quebec! ????? lol

I guess it got confused since I'm not from anywhere in Canada (my mother was born in Nova Scotia but I've never been there -- yet). Here is a link if you would like to test it, @Chronicle_Cat or anyone else just to see where in Canada it thinks you're from.
https://www.buzzfeed.com/katangus/quiz-canada-location

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thank you all for the kind messages of support ahead of my big run along the canals yesterday.
I started the day with a 5.9 which was nice.
Then I made my way to the finish line, to catch a bus that took me to the start line in Manchester. I then ran back the 50km (31m) to the finish. It was enjoyable for the first 3 hours, then brutal for the next 2. I finished in 5 hours, 4 minutes, 49 seconds - not bad for my first ultra-marathon. 51st place out of 194 which included a lot of seasoned ultra marathon runners.
This was unthinkable a year ago. I've spent the last 24 hours dealing with thanking everyone for their support. I'm absolutely elated. Sore, tired, chafed and tender. But elated.
Of course I don't look like a goldfish...but I'm wearing orange and smiling so you can trust that it's me.
Twitter users, feel free to find and share my post.
Normal forum service will resume - sorry I've been quiet. Training was brutal for this and I had to make a few time sacrifices.

Am in awe at your achievement @rhubarb73 ...as Winston Churchill once said..
"NEVER, in the field of running have so many, owed so much, to one fish "

Thank you for plugging our way of eating, well done in the achievement...
now it's time to kick back and enjoy the glow of personal success.

VERY Well done, my friend :)

Last edited:
Reactions: ziggy_w

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
. Looking forward to learning a lot here and apparently smiling, too - great senses of humor and lovely friendly people!

Survivor instinct, I think @Veronica Wright

Not sure how this goes, stateside, but here many seem to
* Get told."your sick"
* Get told to eat less
* Get wrong information
* Then get bullied into taking unneeded meds.
* Then get left to get on with it.

Poor show all round, is the polite way of putting it.

So when we arrive, half drowning in sugars, lacking basic information....:***:

here is a Haven, an Oasis of knowledge.

Once we find our feet... the warmth and gratitude spreads out.

The friendliness, advice and ability to laugh at ourselves, throws a protective blanket over us as we head off, each to our own daily battle.

Only to then regroup most evenings, to report back how the day went.

When good we share, when bad, we console and encourage.

Met many communities on line, but this IS head and shoulders above any other I've ever been on.

Long may it be so .x

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Survivor instinct, I think @Veronica Wright

Not sure how this goes, stateside, but here many seem to
* Get told."your sick"
* Get told to eat less
* Get wrong information
* Then get bullied into taking unneeded meds.
* Then get left to get on with it.

Poor show all round, is the polite way of putting it.

So when we arrive, half drowning in sugars, lacking basic information....:***:

here is a Haven, an Oasis of knowledge.

Once we find our feet... the warmth and gratitude spreads out.

The friendliness, advice and ability to laugh at ourselves, throws a protective blanket over us as we head of, each to our own daily battle.

Only to then regroup most evenings, to report back how the day went.

When good we share, when bad, we console and encourage.

Met many communities on line, but this IS head and shoulders above any other I've ever been on.

Long may it be so .x
Here here!!! (My posts are getting shorter and yours longer :) and I love 'em all )

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
".and local time is 10:39 am.
And time for a Weather check, in Downtown Baga.

Screenshot_20190326-103825.png

It's "HOLI". The painting throwing day., Here in Baga.
So enjoy...

pollen count is LOW
FBG count was a high of 6.5.

( Reports seem to be indicating EXCESS CHOCOLATE, might be the reason.)

" You may not always get a choice in how you live your day,
But you DO get a choice in how you make the MOST of that day... "

And now, here's the local news, sponsored by MARUTI MOTORS...more revs for less ruppees..."

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning peeps, 5.3 on the testing dice and what looks like the start of a lovely day, I think I'd sooner be in Goa though.

Saved ya a space at the bar @trick60 ;)

I'll be the one in blue shorts,

and red, yellow, blue, green paint all over my face n body...:D

Probably won't be able to spot me, but don't worry people lovely, you'll still have a great time..
Today we are ALL Goans .o_O

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
According to a BuzzFeed quiz, Where Exactly in Canada Are You From? -- I am from Quebec! ????? lol

I guess it got confused since I'm not from anywhere in Canada (my mother was born in Nova Scotia but I've never been there -- yet). Here is a link if you would like to test it, @Chronicle_Cat or anyone else just to see where in Canada it thinks you're from.
https://www.buzzfeed.com/katangus/quiz-canada-location

I am from Quebec also. Amazing. The last time that I did such a quiz, I was from San Francisco. Now torn between, at least, three locations.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I am being punished by my newly acquired Contour Next One that I “won” by filling in a form.
Apart from not delivering a decent reading to me this morning it’s a good bit of kit - 6.2 - really!
Scrub hands with vim and a Brillo pad - still 6.2.

Anyhow. Disaster with my Libra magical mystery wheels of good fortune, the colour red and the number 8 have had two decide to go on strike in two days (it’s a disaaaaster daaarling as Craig Rebble Smallwood off that Chaaa Chaaa Chaaa programme would say).

Anyhow (why do some folk say anyhoo ? It’s like saying “me thinks” when it’s just one word; methinks), a second phone call to Abbott and Costello and a very nice “Jane” from somewhere in Essex (who knew that there was an Essex near Mumbai?) sorted it out and yet another sparking example of complex, wonderful but still prone to breaking down for reasons known only to mystics and druids, equipment is winging my way.

Luckily my normal order is due to land in a day or so.
Have a great day Y’all (practicing for my trip to Texas so that I blend in).

Last edited:

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@rhubarb73 amazing effort with the run and the whole process of training. Have a great day in your new job @karen8967 - I am sure they already know they are lucky to have you..
5.9 for me today. No spin doctor could spin that as positive. That's one unhappy body not screaming in anguish but certainly approaching mad as hell - question is what is upsetting it so much? Will take some indicative votes and see what I can coalesce around - very popular these days.

Last edited:

Patrick66

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People. Noise. Swearing. Many foods.
5.7 ...

That’s okay..

Forgot to mention that was after weight training and some jogging ...always curious about how that affects my results because I notice higher readings ? ...or am I imagining it ?

Last edited:

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you all for the kind messages of support ahead of my big run along the canals yesterday.
I started the day with a 5.9 which was nice.
Then I made my way to the finish line, to catch a bus that took me to the start line in Manchester. I then ran back the 50km (31m) to the finish. It was enjoyable for the first 3 hours, then brutal for the next 2. I finished in 5 hours, 4 minutes, 49 seconds - not bad for my first ultra-marathon. 51st place out of 194 which included a lot of seasoned ultra marathon runners.
This was unthinkable a year ago. I've spent the last 24 hours dealing with thanking everyone for their support. I'm absolutely elated. Sore, tired, chafed and tender. But elated.
Of course I don't look like a goldfish...but I'm wearing orange and smiling so you can trust that it's me.
Twitter users, feel free to find and share my post.
Normal forum service will resume - sorry I've been quiet. Training was brutal for this and I had to make a few time sacrifices.

Congratulations on your achievement. Elated - I bet.
Will be interesting to see recovery time and your blood sugar readings over a few days post run.
Will you be making a habit of it?

Reactions: rhubarb73