What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@rhubarb73 amazing effort and with the run and the whole process of training. Have a great day in your new job @karen8967 - I am sure they already know they are lucky to have you..
5.9 for me today. No spin doctor could spin that as positive. That's one unhappy body not screaming in anguish but certainly approaching mad as hell - question is what is upsetting it so much. Will take some indicative votes and see what I can coalesce around - very popular these days.

5.9 is a bit tricky so you might need the help of a lobbyist rather than a spin doctor.
You could argue that it’s this reading or no reading, after all reading means reading.
Your lobbyist could then turn this on it’s head and argue that your reading is not working, it’s not what part of you wanted and just cannot be accepted. You should be able to take indicative readings, throughout the day, to waste both your time and your resources. Meanwhile, other pressing matters in your life will be ignored and the huge investment that you made obtaining your extended grass and hedge trimming equipment will go the way of Boris Johnson’s water cannon.

Reactions: Freema and Prem51

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen and all who have been looking up Guy Fawkes phone number.

Today a 5.8 crept out of the meter blew a raspberry at me and hid behind the kettle.

Me's have been left unsupervised again, a line from a song springs to mind
" There could be trouble ahead " forget about the sunshine and roses bit. We don't do that hehehehe.

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Pasta and rice is still on the menu but Im working on that......potatoes won't ever go I don't think. But you never know.
I'm using a low carb soya spaghetti from Aldi's...it obviously not quite the same D&D but it does make a good substitute...I often put it in a stew in place of noodles...a little more expensive however I would say its worth it.

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning...on the run literally...feeling better than yesterday although slightly snotty throat is not sore...not bunged up but interestingly my voice is quite hoarse...anti-coagulant clinic this morning (a little late)...hoping for a decent INR level in order to extend the time between appointments...woke this morning to a 6.1 I could blame that on my cold but an impromptu dinner with friends which included some fine prosecco may be responsible...will catch up with diabetes world on my return.

Patrick66

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People. Noise. Swearing. Many foods.
Nope, not imagining it at all. Today 5.3 first thing then 7.5 after jog. Not fast and kept hr below 90%. 2 miles.
Thank you for that. Interesting.

I’d run about half an hour before but literally finished weights about five minutes prior. It’s unusual for me as I normally give it a good hour or two between any exertion and testing but was in a bit of a rush this morning.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.4 this morning.
@rhubarb73 what a superstar!
@karen8967 hope today goes well and that they are a friendly bunch.
@ianpspurs maybe the nursing and domestic goddess duties are taking their toll? Don’t be too hard on yourself.
Thanks and all that but good nutrition should enable me to take all that in my stride - JAM is not the thriving I was sold. Working on it though.

Reactions: DJC3 and ziggy_w

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
5.9 for me today. No spin doctor could spin that as positive. That's one unhappy body not screaming in anguish but certainly approaching mad as hell - question is what is upsetting it so much. Will take some indicative votes and see what I can coalesce around - very popular these days.

Good Morening foot the ball fan.
A gentle 5.9?
As we both know blood sugars are a huge variable almost following the chaos rule.
For most people a reading of between 4 and 7 is totally acceptable.
Little things like how long had you been moving around before you took that reading, what had you eaten the night before, the questions are endless.
I would suggest that your body is driving your energy levels and is doing what it needs to.
Now your perception as to what and how your body is working is a different thing.

Therefore I can conclude that your perception is similar to the government and your body the man / woman in the street.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.9 is a bit tricky so you might need the help of a lobbyist rather than a spin doctor.
You could argue that it’s this reading or no reading, after all reading means reading.
Your lobbyist could then turn this on it’s head and argue that your reading is not working, it’s not what part of you wanted and just cannot be accepted. You should be able to take indicative readings, throughout the day, to waste both your time and your resources. Meanwhile, other pressing matters in your life will be ignored and the huge investment that you made obtaining your extended grass and hedge trimming equipment will go the way of Boris Johnson’s water cannon.
Nope. Buying myself a shepherd's hut and hiding away. Nagging fear that LC eating is the 2nd most barmy idea I have ever heard of and my mate George agrees. Some alleged soothsayers claim no food for approx 40 years will sort it. I did hear of some guy who sat under a tree for a year but he had a grain of rice - too high carb.

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
5.6 this morning. Last night. Had a nice home made Lamb Pathia with cauliflower rice and a couple of papadums last night so not too unhappy with this mornings reading though did manage a high of 11.1 after the meal.:)

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Nope. Buying myself a shepherd's hut and hiding away. Nagging fear that LC eating is the 2nd most barmy idea I have ever heard of and my mate George agrees. Some alleged soothsayers claim no food for approx 40 years will sort it. I did hear of some guy who sat under a tree for a year but he had a grain of rice - too high carb.
Sitting under trees is wonderful if you live in warmer climes - the shepherd’s hut is the way to go - does the letter ‘e’ in the word feast stand for energy, as taking it out is just a fast.
Treacle sandwiches all round.

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm using a low carb soya spaghetti from Aldi's...it obviously not quite the same D&D but it does make a good substitute...I often put it in a stew in place of noodles...a little more expensive however I would say its worth it.
I will give that a whirl. Thanks so much.

Reactions: HarryBeau

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
According to a BuzzFeed quiz, Where Exactly in Canada Are You From? -- I am from Quebec! ????? lol

I guess it got confused since I'm not from anywhere in Canada (my mother was born in Nova Scotia but I've never been there -- yet). Here is a link if you would like to test it, @Chronicle_Cat or anyone else just to see where in Canada it thinks you're from.
https://www.buzzfeed.com/katangus/quiz-canada-location
Seems I'm from Prince Edward Island LoL , though funnily I do know someone who lives there.

And a cousin a few times removed William Pugsley was premier of New Brunswick in the 1900's

geefull

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good morning all :)

4.8 today

we managed a bit of log splitting yesterday and moved some of the pre packed blocks into the storage area at mum's so that has to count as my exercise 'cause then it rained ;)

Planning for a good walk today and perhaps lunch out, got to go looking for some curtain hooks to put up the clean curtains, when we tried to take the other pairs down for washing the hooks had denatured and some of the ends snapped off, bought some new hooks on the internet and the tops snapped off when we tried to fit them :banghead:

Looking like a mild and dry day currently so off we go ;)

Hope your day treats you well :)

@rhubarb73 well done indeed! :happy:

Last edited:

dogslife

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Unfairness/ use of offensive language.
Morning all. 8.6 at 8.55am. Bed early, no supper but another stressful day yesterday. Finally succeeded in getting mum's hearing aids fitted following her hearing test on November 12th! Yeh! :singing:but such a struggle and many fraught phone calls involved.:banghead:Have a good day one and all.:)