What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

nutribolt

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Swipey MK 1 =3 - Merlot driven or delinquent sensor? + 20 mins Swipey Mk2 6.7. Settled to around 5.3. New Sensor called Boris/Donald obs. Happy birthday Ms @nutribolt

tinynutribolt says thanks.

Your posts are so full of humour Ian... thanks for putting a smile on my face every single morning. I actually look forward to reading your reports on swipey... I just hope the latest sensor does not remotely come close to either of the two known sorry excuses for human beings you refer to... :):)

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
6.1 this morning maybe stress as certainly up in the air and not very happy. Got a copy of the letter from the lipid clinic yesterday - I had bloods taken on the 25th Nov then a conversation on the phone with the doc. Knew they were not happy with my cholesterol results but I am still putting off statins for another few months. What concerned me was that they said they were not going to do an HbA1c yet they did, plus I have been testing my cholesterol with an expensive cholesterol tester to find that having taken my own bloods around 3/4 hr earlier, the bloods taken at the hospital were so different. This means either my cholesterol meter is very inaccurate so pretty useless or my cholesterol rose in the time between tests, by thedon't know how quickly cholesterol can change but waiting for my bloods to be drawn at the hospital I was in total panic mode. There was about 15% difference with the hospital results being higher, when the range of error should have been no more than 5%.

My Hba1c which they weren't supposed to be doing came out at 39 thought it may have been worse considering I had been wound up for weeks prior to my hospital appointment and had been seeing some unusually high readings during the day.

More angry than anything, annoyed with my body and just wish this cholesterol issue would go away. Its down in writing now results "consistent with type 11a polygenic dyslipidemia." Mind you they still haven't explained exactly what that means except my genes cause my cholesterol to increase in which case why was it within boundaries before low carb I wonder.

So frustrated but I will calm down..... Sometime.......... Hopefully soon ...........Feeling better already after my rant, thank you folks. ;)

ert

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
diabetes
fasting
4.5 this morning. It took three test strips: the first 2.5, the second 3.5 and finally the correct 4.5. I sweat and shake at 3.5 or below so I knew the first readings weren't correct.

Last edited:

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
6.1 this morning maybe stress as certainly up in the air and not very happy. Got a copy of the letter from the lipid clinic yesterday - I had bloods taken on the 25th Nov then a conversation on the phone with the doc. Knew they were not happy with my cholesterol results but I am still putting off statins for another few months. What concerned me was that they said they were not going to do an HbA1c yet they did, plus I have been testing my cholesterol with an expensive cholesterol tester to find that having taken my own bloods around 3/4 hr earlier, the bloods taken at the hospital were so different. This means either my cholesterol meter is very inaccurate so pretty useless or my cholesterol rose in the time between tests, by thedon't know how quickly cholesterol can change but waiting for my bloods to be drawn at the hospital I was in total panic mode. There was about 15% difference with the hospital results being higher, when the range of error should have been no more than 5%.

My Hba1c which they weren't supposed to be doing came out at 39 thought it may have been worse considering I had been wound up for weeks prior to my hospital appointment and had been seeing some unusually high readings during the day.

More angry than anything, annoyed with my body and just wish this cholesterol issue would go away. Its down in writing now results "consistent with type 11a polygenic dyslipidemia." Mind you they still haven't explained exactly what that means except my genes cause my cholesterol to increase in which case why was it within boundaries before low carb I wonder.

So frustrated but I will calm down..... Sometime.......... Hopefully soon ...........Feeling better already after my rant, thank you folks. ;)
Brilliant A1c. I'll never understand the anti-Statin crowd but each to their own.

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning all.

5.1 for me today.

@nutribolt -- Happy belated birthday and loved the note.
@Ryhia -- Hugs, this must be so frustrating. Btw, stress can impact lots of lab parameters (read an article that saying that stress leads to dehydration which raises triglycerides for example).