What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
5.0 for me
FB_IMG_1607497859618.jpg

nutribolt

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.7 today. It was fasting day yesterday and even during the day BG was in 6s so I guess liver is busy dumping some load. I am going to fast today ans tomorrow so hopefully numbers will be in expected range soon enough.

Have a lovely Friday everyone. :)

mojo37

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning folks,

5.5 at 0720 and target weight achieved, 12st 5 and a BMI under 25 for first time in 30 years.

Discipline in diet and exercise would appear to be working (with the occasional break for sanity’s sake)

Treadmill today as it’s too windy and I am not that dedicated .
Double winner :)

hankjam

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.2, there was red wine.....
I would love to understand the relationship.... Libra might be an option.

Managed to do my morning exercises for shoulders and legs everyday this week.... first in a long time.

Did one of these as well.
iu

Find this one really helps the inside leg muscles....
3bbbc61e707617c680af3e9c460473fd--health-yoga-health-fitness.jpg

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Well done on the 5s, sorry to hear of family emergencies.

Can’t sleep either so have been up working since 0230, just done a BG at 0500 and 5.9 this morning, off for a quick nap before work.

No running today (probably), I’ve changed to day on day off , after advice from a much more experienced running colleague of a similar age.
Thank you. Annoying not to be able to sleep. Running on adrenalin perhaPs?
For me there was a good outcome for the emergencies. :)
I tested BG at 3am. 8.0:arghh:. Slept on and off for a few hours, then at 6:45 it was 6.3.

mojo37

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Been AWOL dealing with some family emergencies, and other business. Hope folks are well, will try to catch up.
Have kept up checking BG and nothing exciting to report. Mainly high 5s. So I high five myself for that.
I haven’t been able to sleep tonight. As it is now 3 am I am undecided as to whether I should test fasting now and beat DP, or try to get some sleep and see what it is later.
Hi well that is strange I too was awake ( although it was 2am ) still awake an hr later so decided like to test it came in at 9.2 then 7 am when I did get up it was still 9.2 so no idea what to make of that o_O

Reactions: hankjam

annabell1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
rude people
not able to do as much as I used to do due to health issues
onions
leek
Sleep in again bsl 7.2 @ 11am

at 2am before headed to bed it was 5.3 I think it was the peach ate late last night and Insomnia. I'm wondering if Insomnia is from my thyroid just changed dose again