What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good afternoon all. 50/50 chance of these being true: my fbg @ 5.30 = 4.1; LC was helpful there; that level is healthy. Yay for fiveland @PenguinMum @DJC3 and @Pipp. Hug for Magic situation @nutribolt we had to say goodbye to 2 within 6 months. Heartbreaking but for the best. Happy for you @Umi2021. Salmon day herein:woot:

Last edited:

nutribolt

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
you posted about Magic, becauseyou know we care.
Truly I think that is it, even if at the time I did not know why.

Thanks for the kind words @Mike d , @HeliGary , @karen8967, @Freema , @PenguinMum.

Earlier today when the scan was completed it was not good news. He had 50% chance of survival today and if he did survive we were told he may live for a few more months in best case scenario. It was at this point I broke down completely and saw all these messages and then I heard from doc that he is pulling through and responding well to medicine. So it feels like wishes and positive vibes from you all did help my Magic and for that I thank you all once again.

He has heart failure now because of Mitral Valve disease and for how much ever time he is with us he will be on lots of medication including diuretics so no more happy long walks for him. He faces the risk of sudden yet immediate death at any time from this point on and I hope he will pick the right time himself. I have to celebrate each day as it comes until then.

All this meant a roller coaster of emotions throughout the day with lots of tears and stress and it was evident in the numbers which were in double digits at one point. However, now that he is back home and sleeping am rocking a lovely 5.0

We will see what tomorrow morning brings. Thanks again and have a great start for the weekend. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: DJC3 and karen8967

LindaManville

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
Jogging
My blood glucose is 11.4 this morning.
I don't know how to get this down it is
Usually around this every morning. It
Goes down throughout the day until
I hit 6.3 in the evening.

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots who will not learn

Thanks for the kind words @Mike d , @HeliGary , @karen8967, @Freema , @PenguinMum.

Earlier today when the scan was completed it was not good news. He had 50% chance of survival today and if he did survive we were told he may live for a few more months in best case scenario. It was at this point I broke down completely and saw all these messages and then I heard from doc that he is pulling through and responding well to medicine. So it feels like wishes and positive vibes from you all did help my Magic and for that I thank you all once again.

We will see what tomorrow morning brings. Thanks again and have a great start for the weekend. :)

If Magic loves you (and very obviously he does), never bother with seeking a second opinion. :)

annabell1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
rude people
not able to do as much as I used to do due to health issues
onions
leek
Good Morning all Certainly have some catching up to do on reading posts and posting

I still question readings of BSL meters as BSL's can vary in seconds.

My morning BSL last 4 days

Wed 7.3 mmol/L
Thu 6.5 mmol/L
Fri 7.0 mmol/L
Sat 4.2 then a minute later tested 6.5 mmol/L as went to bed with a 9.5 mmol/L reading

Cheers

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

He has heart failure now because of Mitral Valve disease and for how much ever time he is with us he will be on lots of medication including diuretics so no more happy long walks for him. He faces the risk of sudden yet immediate death at any time from this point on and I hope he will pick the right time himself. I have to celebrate each day as it comes until then.

All this meant a roller coaster of emotions throughout the day with lots of tears and stress and it was evident in the numbers which were in double digits at one point. However, now that he is back home and sleeping am rocking a lovely 5.0

Thank you for sharing the update. I think we are all thinking of you and Magic.

Reactions: DJC3

Daphne917

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Had a week in the 5s as last 4 days have been 5.8, 5.6, 5.3 and 5.4! @nutribolt sorry to read about Magic - I’ve been there with 3 of our cats - one had a brain tumour, one had a stroke and the other kidney failure and it’s heartbreaking. Be guided by your instincts, the vets advice and how Magic is coping.