What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All. Dreadful 7.7 today. Was 5.0 before my omelette. Think it was the irresistible scrapings of Mr PM’s lasagne dish...really thats cruel but I should know by now.

Reactions: karen8967

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
5.4 happy with that, I don’t think it’s still the red wine effect from Sunday, I only had 1/2 bottle. Also had red meat last night so I was expecting higher. There really is no rhyme or reason sometimes.
That’s a very harsh result for a bit of lasagne scrapings @PenguinMum
Glad you are feeling a bit better @nutribolt hope your numbers come down soon.

garyclark82

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
7.0 this morning - think it was a combination of eating later and having a vegan chocolate and coconut torte with vegan ice cream at the pub restaurant last night! (Don't regret it a bit though, it was delicious and in total still came in at the right level of carbs)

JinnyG

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello mates,
At a couple of the other forums I've frequented there was a thread like this one where we all sorta checked in each day, with our first cup of coffee or tea, and reported our fasting or waking blood glucose level and some short comment about whether we're ok with it or if not - why not?...

It worked well as a sort of 'first thread to check' each morning and post to.

I'll start.

This morning was a 5.6mmol for me. That's about normal for me

What about you?
I find my morning readings quite depressing. This morning I am 13.2, yesterday 11.8 which is about the norm. Despite this, my recent HBA1c was 42.

Reactions: karen8967

haroonmalik11

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
5.3 this morning at 6AM but that is all the happy reading I have had. It has been in 9s and 8s since 11 and I am 18hrs into fasting right now. I am much better though with regard to cold so maybe it's final war going on between body defence and bad guys...yesterday was the worst really... lot of body ache and a day average of 7.4... today so far the average is 6.8...

I did not do that because we got that done for my daughter and she did not have it so I figured as I have got it from her, mine would have been negtive too...also my wife recovered far more quickly than I did so could also be a bit of man-flu added in the mix :D
Hi, are you doing intermittent fasting by any chance? And if so, has it helped with lowering your FBS?

nutribolt

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Talk about reporting late... :D

My reading was 4.1 this morning at 6AM at 36 hours into fasting and I continued till 48 hours mark but during the day had a few difficult customer meetings and readings touched 8 at one point. Average of day has been a decent 5.7 so that's good.

are you doing intermittent fasting by any chance?
Hello Haroon,

yes I follow Alternate day fasting (although i do longer fasts fairly regularly too) along with low carb diet and it is the only thing that has helped to bring my BG in control ( that and the wonderful support from all lovely people in this forum) and helped me become medicine free as you can see in my signature.

Its not to say any other approach is bad or wrong, it's just to say this is the one that works for me. :)

shocked myself awake this morning

Happens with me more often than i like to admit..:D

hope your numbers come down soon.
Thanks... seems to be heading in the right direction but like you said... things in T2 world can happen for absolutely no reason or rhyme. :banghead:

Last edited:

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
5.7 today, better than expected after finding, and finishing a packet of hazelnuts in the cupboard last night. Bedtime BG higher than usual so I was prepared for the worst. Turns out hazelnuts have loads of manganese and copper in them. Cronometer tells me I am usually short of these minerals so it’s all turned out very well really.
Have a good day all.

nutribolt

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.8 at 6AM but it went all the way to 7.6 by 7.40 and has now been fluctuating between 6.4 and 7.0.

I had minimal carbs (below 13gms) last night when I ate, so I guess it's just the DP kicking in a bit late. Hopefully this will be fixed by evening as I am going to fast a whole day again, though not by design but because I have back to back meetings pretty much all day and I figured if I can stretch it till tomorrow morning I will - nothing like an element of surprise for the body, eh!! :D

Have a great day, everyone. :)