What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thanks for goodwishes and encouragement, folks.
My experiment with evening rum tots has been thus.
Friday fasting 7.7 no rum night before.
Saturday fasting 6.2 rum night cap , Friday.
Sunday 5.5 , double rum night cap Saturday
I like this experiment.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
4.7 on Libre which rarely bears any resemblance to the actual result. @ianpspurs I find Libre markedly different ( up to 2 mmol) in the mornings. I wonder if it might be due to hydration. It tends to get closer to the mark later in the day.

bellapodus

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
7.4 this morning!
Definitely a rollercoaster. Even had a 9.5 reading before bed. Put it down as a spike due to 4 pretzels (the crisp kind, not the soft dough one). You live and learn eh.
Have a good day everyone

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Janice was known to say "O'ill give it foive" so did Swipey today. @DJC3 the dehydration is a good shout. @PenguinMum hug for the result fbg but your A1c is fine so move on. @bellapodus great attitude. @garyclark82 yay for 37 days and counting.
Edited: It isn't a test, it is a snapshot of the "current state of play." My bad for implying it is a test.

Last edited:

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Janice was known to say "O'ill give it foive" so did Swipey today. @DJC3 the dehydration is a good shout. @PenguinMum hug for the result fbg but your A1c is fine so move on. @bellapodus great attitude. @garyclark82 yay for 37 days and counting.
Edited: It isn't a test, it is a snapshot of the "current state of play." My bad for implying it is a test.
The A1c is only half the story though if even that. Its the peaks that do the damage.

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello all,

Befind again, so posting fbg for the last four days: 5.7, 5.9, 5.6, 5.9 (a bit higher than I would ideally like, so definitely have to get back to exercising).

@PenguinMum -- Hugs for the eye treatment. Hope you are feeling better.
@DJC3 -- Congrats on your daughter's graduation. Sounds as if you all had a fun day.
@Kiwigal -- Welcome to the thread.

Andydragon

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.0, happy with that

Had forgotten I had my flu jab little over a week ago. That may well explained my recent spate of higher than usual (for me)
Amazing all these things that interact

Last edited: