What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
5.4 on Libre. Test strips are on their way apparently.
Good to see you back again @ziggy_w but hugs for the slightly higher than usual fbg. Getting back in the exercise groove is hard after a break isn’t it? I’ve got my Hiit session with my PT today - he was away last week and I’m dreading getting back to it today. I promised myself I would do a few sessions at home in between, but of course I haven’t!

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning chums. Today's snapshot suggested by Swipey was 4.8 here. Good, bad or ugly it ain't gonna change now. Enjoy the HIIT @DJC3 - I genuinely mean enjoy. I'm off to a physio tomorrow hoping for a gym referral (operation would be ideal) since turning the converted garage here into a gym (££££s) seems to be stuck in a queue. HIIT sessions upstairs spooked Julie and dogs.

Last edited:

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
5.0, happy with that

Had forgotten I had my flu jab little over a week ago. That may well explained my recent spate of higher than usual (for me)
Amazing all these things that interact

I had my flu jab last week and it made me sick as a dog for several days, with all the previous flu jabs I have had I never had much of a reaction to them this time was different don't know if it was the covid jabs I have had or if they have changed the flu jab in some way. So I think you may be correct in thinking your anomalous reading are connected to the jab.

mojo37

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.4 this morning even though I had a poor sleep ( again ) and I had a snack of apple and peanut butter at 4am . Maybe that's what I need food in the early hrs lol . Either way well pleased .

Reactions: ziggy_w and DJC3

Kiwigal

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
7.7 this morning. It was an overnight fast as had blood test this morning fast glucose test and Hba1c and other blood test.

Thank you for the welcome. It is an new journey to be diagnosed Type 2 Diabetes few months ago. (Will be asking my doctor to do GAD test next for autoimmune - esp autoimmune disease runs in the family.)

ert

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
diabetes
fasting
5.3 today. Just tested positive for Covid-19 on a lateral flow. I've booked a PCR. Fingers crossed it's wrong.

Reactions: DJC3 and chani111

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.3 today. Just tested positive for Covid-19 on a lateral flow. I've booked a PCR. Fingers crossed it's wrong.
Best wishes, thoughts and prayers, fingers crossed - whatever you like just hope it is a false alarm or just easily dealt with.