What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

garyclark82

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
5.8 this morning at stupid o'clock due to having to get up to go into the office for the first time in 19 months. Considering I've been a bit anxious, not bad at all.

Reactions: DJC3

Andydragon

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
First time posting and first fast blood this morning is 7.5 so high. What is the best way to start tackling this. I have read a bit about the liver dump? All my other readings have been fine. Pre lunch was 5.4. Learning loads
Hi there, and welcome, lots of information on the site but to answer it’s best to have your own forum post as this one isn’t really the best place to go into discussion.

Reactions: chani111

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Rum experiment paused.
Monday fasting 6.2
Today 5.9 .
Testing may pause as I am running out of test strips, and running out of the will to order some more.

ert

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
diabetes
fasting
4.9 this morning. I am following sick day rules so had to take extra insulin to achieve this level.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Michaelmas Mk 2 today (older one October 11) 3 geese (Martimas as well) would be greedy. Swipey offered me 5.9 - not sure if serious. Slew of sensor unavailable messages and blank screens make it as trustworthy as our PM. @PenguinMum your device is obviously spot on. Welcome @Kiwigal and @chani111. @ert hope the other test comes back as clear. Smart move on the sick day precaution.

Last edited:
Reactions: ziggy_w

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
4.1 this morning. Have a good one everybody :)
Just looking at your signature," 24 September. HbA1c 87. Type 2 doing Carnivore diet..." Is that this year's result, - surely not? I would have expected your HbA1c to be in the low 30s with FBGs like yours.