What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
At 66 I have no need of all the time waking around 4.30 affords one. Especially not in the mist, cold and dark of October. Upside is the new Swipey gave a 4.5. Downside was I uttered a very, very bad profanity at seeing 11 S 10 Lbs/74.4 kgs on the scales. Yes, I'm around 6 foot tall but I have no need of all that heft. I'm old, wizened (not actually, just feel it internally), play no contact sport and have a piddling plot of land to tend. Other than that life's wonderful.:angelic:

Last edited:

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
At 66 I have no need of all the time waking around 4.30 affords one. Especially not in the mist, cold and dark of October. Upside is the new Swipey gave a 4.5. Downside was I uttered a very, very bad profanity at seeing 11 S 10 Lbs/74.4 kgs on the scales. Yes, I'm around 6 foot tall but I have no need of all that heft. I'm old, wizened (not actually, just feel it internally), play no contact sport and have a piddling plot of land to tend. Other than that life's wonderful.:angelic:
Oh come on what you trying to do to me I'm older,shorter and heavier than you but we do wakeup about the same time it can be a little boring waiting for everyone else to come out of their slumber no walkies for me either this morning.

Reactions: ziggy_w

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Oh come on what you trying to do to me I'm older,shorter and heavier than you but we do wakeup about the same time it can be a little boring waiting for everyone else to come out of their slumber no walkies for me either this morning.
Sorry John. Various reasons led to lack of fibre in my diet with some Naproxen I see the usual sudden surge of 1-1.5 kgs.:bigtears: While I'm really just waiting for the dilapidation to speed up 73 kgs is quite enough bulk thanks. Elsie is an absolute AH to live with but I like my limbs and eyesight.

Last edited:

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello all,

Fasting levels yesterday were 4.9. Today, I woke up to a 5.1. (Getting back to exercising does make a difference).

@Pipp -- If I were to live like an polar bear, I would have no problems with blood sugars (though I agree, I am not sure how much similarity there is between humans and polar bears).
@JohnEGreen -- How's your thumb?
@ert -- Glad you are feeling better and will be done with quarantining.
@Ryhia -- It's good to read that your husband is also doing better and that you have so far been able to avoid the big C. Keeping my fingers crossed that it will stay this way.

Reactions: DJC3

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

Once I'd translated your 11 S 10 Lbs, I thought, my goodness that is a very good weight for a man of your height (remembering "Magnum" when Tom Selleck weighed 200 lbs. @ 6'4") ! That piddling plot of land must keep @ianpspurs in good shape!

Oh, yes, BTW, 7.7 this morning, for which I'm very glad considering what I'd been expecting.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Once I'd translated your 11 S 10 Lbs, I thought, my goodness that is a very good weight for a man of your height (remembering "Magnum" when Tom Selleck weighed 200 lbs. @ 6'4") ! That piddling plot of land must keep @ianpspurs in good shape!

Oh, yes, BTW, 7.7 this morning, for which I'm very glad considering what I'd been expecting.
Good to hear from you. I prefer the 160-162 pounds which is more normal. Yay for the better than expected fbg.

Last edited: