What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

garyclark82

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Managed to break into the green today with a 5.0! Don't know whether it was because I had my main meal at lunchtime with only a few egg muffins and some sausages in the early evening but I was almost scared it would be lower because I haven't got a colour coding for below 5!

Reactions: DJC3 and ert

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning all. I swerved the unreliable Tee 2 in the idle man's shower room in the bedroom. @garyclark82, today in 2015 I was 5.7 so my spreadsheet went red as >5.4. Below 5 was gold. Hope that helps. Technically I guess I'm in remission but I really don't think I've made a whole lot of progress here. <6 gms carb yesterday sounds good here but utterly joyless. Just box ticking.

Last edited:

coby

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Social mixing most sport, Soaps!
5.5 this morning! Really happy with that, and full of enthusiasm on a sunny morning :)

Reactions: DJC3

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
another very high number 7.9 this morning, not feeling ill so... must go lower in carbs ... today going to have the flu jab .. in an hour .. so excited to see if I get higher or lower numbers from that tomorrow
Wonderfull fall weather here in DK , hope you all will have a nice day
:):):)

Reactions: ziggy_w and DJC3

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
A surprise 5.2. Which considering I scoffed higher carbs than usual yesterday, due to a ruined chicken dinner and having to make do with what was available, (Toasted crumpets) that ain’t a bad result.
I hope this doesn’t mean I need to start an experiment where I have to eat them every evening. They are rather heavy going, and made me crave toast for breakfast. I gave in to that craving, and am confessing here, and declaring that I will now break the carb scoffing before it sets in seriously.

Reactions: ziggy_w and DJC3

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
4.6 this morning. Covid quarantine ends at midnight. Counting down the hours.
Hubby tested positive on Tuesday slept most of the time for a couple of days but seems to be going great guns today. He's already stir crazy, told him he can have a walk around the garden. I'm testing negative so far hope it stays that way.

Reactions: DJC3

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hubby tested positive on Tuesday slept most of the time for a couple of days but seems to be going great guns today. He's already stir crazy, told him he can have a walk around the garden. I'm testing negative so far hope it stays that way.
Hugs for Mr Ryhia but it sounds as though he may be getting off lightly. Hoping and praying you stay negative.