What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Unfortunately I have not a clue as to my blood sugars as I am at present in the covid ward in the hospital I hope to survive this latest challenge and resume normal service soon.

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Well, after 30 hours fasting, as I am feeling stressed by painful joints, and allergic reactions, I have a whopping 8.5 this morning.
No explanation. Fasting hasn’t helped. So going to feast on breakfast / brunch of eggs, bacon, sausage, mushrooms, copious quantities of coffee. Then feast again tonight on beef, and red wine.
The temptation to stop testing and posting here is nagging away at me. That would be counter-productive, though so, I will keep on keeping on, and to steal a phrase from the resident cheer leader ianpspurs, I am smiling, and waving.:D. Or is it just that I am drowning?;)

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Unfortunately I have not a clue as to my blood sugars as I am at present in the covid ward in the hospital I hope to survive this latest challenge and resume normal service soon.
Oh no, @JohnEGreen.
Hope it is mild, and you get home soon. You have faced bigger challenges, so hurry up and get better.
Rooting for you.

Reactions: JohnEGreen

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
doctors are hopefull so am I manged to eat a full meal today first time since Monday so feeling somewhat better now but virus in lungs so if they can clear it from there should make it out of here.

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
doctors are hopefull so am I manged to eat a full meal today first time since Monday so feeling somewhat better now but virus in lungs so if they can clear it from there should make it out of here.
Well done. No matter how grim the hospital food, eating the lot indicates to the medics that you are well enough to be discharged.
Hope the rest of the family, are covid free. Kindest regards to you and dear Judith.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

Oh wow, my best wishes on a speedy recovery, John.

Estragon

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Too many to list here . . .
Aw Man! This is nasty. When I had the first wave of COVID19 that hit the UK in 2020, it went to my lungs. I recovered and so will you.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hugs, prayers and best wishes @JohnEGreen. Blood sugars and carbs are irrelevant just now. Rest and recover.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Well, after 30 hours fasting, as I am feeling stressed by painful joints, and allergic reactions, I have a whopping 8.5 this morning.
No explanation. Fasting hasn’t helped. So going to feast on breakfast / brunch of eggs, bacon, sausage, mushrooms, copious quantities of coffee. Then feast again tonight on beef, and red wine.
The temptation to stop testing and posting here is nagging away at me. That would be counter-productive, though so, I will keep on keeping on, and to steal a phrase from the resident cheer leader ianpspurs, I am smiling, and waving.:D. Or is it just that I am drowning?;)
Hug for the joint pain and allergic reactions. A few on here are basically left with no option but to smile and wave just now. I'm not sure whose signature this comes from but tough times don't last, tough people do. Take care, the world needs all the Pipps it can get.

Reactions: Ryhia

DEBBIESCOTT

Type of diabetes
MODY
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning
Libre 8.8
Contour 7.8
2 weeks after testing negative for covid, symptoms don’t seem in any hurry hurry to leave
Still going to the gym for pt @ 8am then to work
Have a good day everyone

ultradad

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
4.6 today. Have a good day everyone. Sending hugs your way john, hope you feel better soon. I dont know how you manage 30 hrs fasting Pipp as i do like my breakfast :)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Go Team D. No known fbg as I use Swipey (Libre) and have a series of scans where they are a no go. I could stab but it ignores "the journey/big picture." @JohnEGreen I hope things are on the mend. @Pipp Carry on testing (lesser known film) but maybe just S and W at the numbers for now? @DEBBIESCOTT I am in awe of your exercise ethic but your body seems to be telling you that COVID has left a big footprint. @ultradad great fbg so you must have this bg control down pat. 6.5 years in, I can't see LC breakfast offering me personally anything good. Not sure what colour Swan that is (David Unwin, all swans are white/N=1)

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
4.7 this morning.

@JohnEGreen, hope you have had a reasonable nights sleep and praying that you will be feeling better soon.

Stay Strong.
C.

Reactions: karen8967

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
8.6 can't seem to get rid of these 8's .
Yup, @mojo37 , hope you can conquer this soon.
Out in sympathy with a whopping 8.7 today. Confused, and peeved, but the good(ish) news is that my home test HbA1c came in at 40. Not that either meter or HbA1c can be trusted. All a mystery, still, after 17 years of T2.
A bit more lounging about, with only intermittent bursts of energy today, as my intuition is telling me to take it easy.

McHelen

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
12.7 this morning. Bloods due on Wednesday!!! I was getting along nicely with fasting PBs of 6 but the last couple of weeks have seen a dramatic rise. It might be down to stress (I am still waiting for a diagnosis for my liver tumours) bUt I have started to record all food and exercise in an attempt to understand what is going on.