What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@Debandez you are rolling out some great numbers and clearly relaxing into this new lifestyle. Its great to see how far you have come and how happy you seem. :)
I have said it before and will keep saying it but you @ianpspurs and all the other members of this forum who have been there for me from my first post when I was upset and confused have guided me, infused me with knowledge, answered every single one of my questions brushing aside how many times they had answered them before, at whatever time of day or night @Rachox. Money could not buy you that. My diagnosis was not only a wake up call but a blessing in disguise. I've never felt better. My family have been amazing. I've had my head buried in my phone or some article about diabetes since 8th December. I have got my head around so.much but there is still a lot to learn. But yes you are right. I've come a long way and I'm feeling very proud of myself, good about myself and very happy. Thank you :)

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I have said it before and will keep saying it but you @ianpspurs and all the other members of this forum who have been there for me from my first post when I was upset and confused have guided me, infused me with knowledge, answered every single one of my questions brushing aside how many times they had answered them before, at whatever time of day or night @Rachox. Money could not buy you that. My diagnosis was not only a wake up call but a blessing in disguise. I've never felt better. My family have been amazing. I've had my head buried in my phone or some article about diabetes since 8th December. I have got my head around so.much but there is still a lot to learn. But yes you are right. I've come a long way and I'm feeling very proud of myself, good about myself and very happy. Thank you :)

Thanks for your kind words @Debandez I understand completely your sentence “I've had my head buried in my phone or some article about diabetes since 8th December” only for me it’s been a year, even more so since I was honoured with my mod title. I derive huge benefits from this site and just try to pay back now whenever I can.

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks for your kind words @Debandez I understand completely your sentence “I've had my head buried in my phone or some article about diabetes since 8th December” only for me it’s been a year, even more so since I was honoured with my mod title. I derive huge benefits from this site and just try to pay back now whenever I can.
You give so much of your time. It's very much appreciated. I thought I might see you on the NHS awards programme last night :) you were robbed! X

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all, 5.4 this morning! Doing well lowering my numbers but managing to put ON weight! Very frustrating as I need to lose at least 6 stone to be at a reasonable weight... I mentioned earlier on another thread (can't find it now) but I'm being interviewed for a Synexus trial on the 31st. Fingers crossed I get on it since losing the weight might mean I can go out more. Can't walk too far without experiencing severe pain. I put on 3lb after a week of slim fast for 2 meals a day and an evening meal under 600 cals. Still, my fasting is down from an average of 7.1...

Hi @Peridot67 - my mother, well into her 80’s, finds walking very difficult after new hips, knees and a re-built foot. She uses a walker. However she finds her exercise bike very doable, using it every day - is that something worth considering?

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning all, it’s a 5.7 this morning. Quite surprised as we walked into town yesterday evening and had pensioner portions of fish and chips on the beach followed by a handful of midget gems (weird pudding day?).
Have a great day if you can :)

Terrytiddy

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning all 8.7 this morning :arghh: Not sure what/s going on hardly ate yesterday as no appetite. Had small amount of cheese with some chicken breast. Later on had hand full of nuts and some roast beef. Only had these as I had to take my medication. Had extra black coffee and a 3 glasses of salt water and no alcohol at all.

Mal37

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Social situations
Well well well, I have a double magnum raspberry after my tea/dinner two nights in a row, less exercise than normal and still this morning an adorable 5.7 my fifth (every spelling of that word looks odd) day in a row- I will not be tempting fate with another lovely lolly tonight- no matter how sunny it is. But boy am I pleased with these fbg numbers lately.
That's amazing! Well done you!

Mal37

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Social situations
Morning all 8.7 this morning :arghh: Not sure what/s going on hardly ate yesterday as no appetite. Had small amount of cheese with some chicken breast. Later on had hand full of nuts and some roast beef. Only had these as I had to take my medication. Had extra black coffee and a 3 glasses of salt water and no alcohol at all.
Salt water!!!

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
5.4 this morning though had an after dinner reading of 9.7 and was still at 7.1 at bedtime haven't increased carbs but have increased prednisolone

Prednisolone will raise your bs's in my experience and all the switched on doctors agree. Have you increased your prednisolone under medical supervision ? A very dangerous side effect of this drug is it lowers your immune system. Take care.

Reactions: flexi06 and Freema