What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hug and winner for @RoughcutAU .Olive oil and cheese may not have been the culprits, but spaghetti, hmmm?

@JohnEGreen, delighted to see you back posting. Have been wishing all good health to you and yours. Still a legend!

Been busy, and or lazy, whichever way you choose to look at it. Most days have had fasting levels between 6 and 7. Other days I haven’t bothered checking. So not got the foggiest idea.
Will be more disciplined from now. :)

Estragon

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Too many to list here . . .
@Estragon what your bg should do with T2 is not the issue IMHO because by definition it doesn't do what it should.
Please explain? Are you referring to my question about my BG variations during the day?
@Estragon Finding ways to manage what it does do is more pertinent and you've been here long enough to know that is very N=1.
What do you mean? Esp "N=1"? I'm guessing you're being supportive - thank you - but N=1 - right over my bonce.
@EstragonThere are no (UK) Black Swans.
Apologies, but you've completely lost me!

mojo37

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
A nasty 9 this am some contributory factors too many carbs yesterday and very poor sleep .

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
A nasty 9 this am some contributory factors too many carbs yesterday and very poor sleep .
Hug is for the poor sleep. Fbg is what it is. You, young lady, are very much our kinda gal. Honest, try your little heart out and get up and go again after each stumble. Team D personified right there.

Last edited:

nanamama

Hello mates,
At a couple of the other forums I've frequented there was a thread like this one where we all sorta checked in each day, with our first cup of coffee or tea, and reported our fasting or waking blood glucose level and some short comment about whether we're ok with it or if not - why not?...

It worked well as a sort of 'first thread to check' each morning and post to.

I'll start.

This morning was a 5.6mmol for me. That's about normal for me

What about you?
It sure is nice to be able to speak freely with others dealing with similar health challenges! My Fasting Glucose level this morning was 81 mg/dl. I am not sure how that translates to mmol. Can anyone educate me how to do so? Thanks,

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Forgot to measure this morning but then I am on holiday. May remember to check tomorrow.

Reactions: mojo37