What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

amgrundy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Being bored
Reactions: 2 people

GeoffersTaylor

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Not being able to like beer anymore!!
you missed out the most important bit.. what's the values for the sausage egg and cheese? I might have to have one..
Double sausage & egg mcmuffin is 565 cals, 34g fat, 28g carbs, 36g protein
Take off our bun estimate of 154 cals, 3g fat, 24g carbs and 7g protein and you're left with ...

411 Calories
31g fat
4g carbs
29g protein
And that's for two sausage patties, one egg and one slice of cheese. Yummy LCHF breakfast.

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Double sausage & egg mcmuffin is 565 cals, 34g fat, 28g carbs, 36g protein
Take off our bun estimate of 154 cals, 3g fat, 24g carbs and 7g protein and you're left with ...

411 Calories
31g fat
4g carbs
29g protein
And that's for two sausage patties, one egg and one slice of cheese. Yummy LCHF breakfast.
just what I was thinking.. many thanks for that.. bit stupid of me not to just subtract the bun from the whole meal total..brain fart.. but thanks again.

Reactions: 4 people

Kyi

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi...That's all i had today roast beef and veg lol, I only got diagnosed 3 weeks ago so it's all still new to me, i'm going to try roasted butternut squash see how that works and maybe try making yorkshire puddings with almond flour i might pop on youtube see if that exists lol
You dont have to peel a butternut squash. The outside softens up and is fine to eat. Saw Jamie Oliver do it and tried it. No more am I going to struggle peeling one. Try it as soup with a bit of stock and curry powder. Roast it and blitz it smooth. Optional coconut milk in it.

mo53

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@thirsty_monsta I've just thought have you tried keeping a food diary on myfitnesspal.com this would help you to know how many carbs are in different foods?

s.sollis

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
I bought the carbs and cals book the other day, it's been a godsend. I'm learning so much be it very slowly.:bookworm:

Reactions: 5 people
D

Deleted member 43917

B - nettle tea
L - smoothie with blueberries, courgette, ground almonds, flax seed, almond milk
S - shortbread finger
D - Pret a Manager salmon, kale & quinoa salad; apple

mo53

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello everybody
B. Raspberries with cream

L. Packet miso soup. Not impressed.

D. Leek and Stilton soup and half a homemade low carb roll.
Chocolate and chia seed muffin.

@s.sollis . Wonderful news about your cats return.:)

Reactions: 3 people

GeoffersTaylor

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Not being able to like beer anymore!!
B - the famous McDs sausage & egg Mcmuffin sans muffin
L - burger patty with salad, stilton and mayo
D - Mackerel pate on Lidl roll

Reactions: 8 people

Wayne36

Type of diabetes
Type 2
You dont have to peel a butternut squash. The outside softens up and is fine to eat. Saw Jamie Oliver do it and tried it. No more am I going to struggle peeling one. Try it as soup with a bit of stock and curry powder. Roast it and blitz it smooth. Optional coconut milk in it.

Didn't know u could eat the peel i boiled it whole then peeled it lol thanks for the info :wacky:

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who think they know everything.
FBG 5.1 - I wish I'd found out about this Blood Sugar Diet a few months ago!

Breakfast: Asda Full Fat Yoghurt with a teaspoon sugar free gingerbread syrup

Lunch: Bacon, egg and mushrooms

Dinner: Home made lamb 'kebab' (lamb rump steak marinated in white wine, garlic, lemon, thyme, rosemary and oregano) griddled and served with some celeriac oven chips and a large kebab shop style salad: (shredded red cabbage, white cabbage, little bit of red onion and some coarse grated raw beetroot). I'm going to experiment with making a low carb/calorie kebab shop style garlic sauce with yoghurt.

A bit of an odd dinner but I'm trying to use up all the leftover stuff in the fridge before going on holiday.

Reactions: 11 people

Rosbif

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Last night's dinner was veal blanquette with a minuscule serving of rice. Same for tonight but the rice will be replaced with green beans.

I've been testing the Aromhuset sparkling water flavours which someone mentioned on this site. They're not bad.

mo53

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello everybody

B. Raspberries and cream

L. Scallops and prawns in garlic butter

D. Small bowl of leek and Stilton soup with half a low carb roll

Reactions: 5 people