What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

just_undiscovered_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Crowds, bright lights, shopping, arrogance, reality TV shows..
Reactions: 2 people

SamJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
B: linseed and raspberry muffins
L: roast med veg, roast chicken and olive tapenade
D: spiralised squash, with onion, garlic, tomato, basil and. smoked salmon. Oh and a load of cheese on top!

Reactions: 8 people

Russetfox

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Fresh tomatoes :(
B Greek Yoghurt,Coffee and cream x2
L chicken stew( left over from yest)
S Coffee and cream, cheese and ham
D Okay been bad,so tired today so takeaway.Chicken shish kebab, salad of lettuce,pickled red cabbage and cucumber, one bite of white pitta, and I did have the garlic sauce,so we shall see.

I am an emotional eater, had an issue with my 14yr old daughter which made me so upset, at least I didn't head for the choc :shifty:

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
B: Nothing
S: coffee with splash of semi-skimmed milk and small packet of pork scratchings
L: 2 lumps of cheddar cheese and a naughty cream cake...ooops! Naughty but nice!
D: large bag of mixed seafood.
S: greek yogurt with coconut
No veg today. I'm all cabbaged out. No adverse effects regardless, surprisingly. Ha ha

Reactions: 10 people

Mongolia

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
B: 1/2 Lidl roll with peanut butter
L: cold chicken slices, salad leaves, coleslaw
D: cottage pie mince with courgetti

S: ham and cheese sandwich (yes with bread) provided by school during Parents' Evening. Marshmallows intended for kids to toast over camp fire but never got round to making camp fire. Marshmallows horrible :hungover: Didn't stop me eating more than 1 though!:eek:

Reactions: 5 people

GeoffersTaylor

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Not being able to like beer anymore!!
B - half a Mattessons smoked pork sausage
L - spinach bread with pate
No dinner
S - 5 small cocktail sausages, coconut water. 1 Stella Artois

Rosbif

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes

Rosbif

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Lunch: Yesterday's pizza muffins with last weekend's peppers in oregano (reheated with a bit of olive oil stirred through). Mandarin orange.

s.sollis

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
B: coffee with cream
L: egg mayonnaise on 2x soya and linseed bread, 1 tomato.
D: will be home made kebab, lamb marinated in white wine, garlic, lemon, rosemary, thyme and oregano. Served with white/ red cabbage and red onion and mayo.
Water throughout day.

Finsky

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Other
B- 2 boiled eggs, Greek yogurt with berries and small sprinkling of omega 3 seed mix
L- small wrap with 2 eggs, handful of nuts
D- will be stewed steak with cauliflower cheese and I might even get some kale from allotment, that with bit of butter,MMMM! ....and maybe some yogurt and berries for pud, depending how hungry I will be later on...options options..:D

Last edited by a moderator:

Kyi

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
B: Nothing
S: coffee with splash of semi-skimmed milk and small packet of pork scratchings
L: 2 lumps of cheddar cheese and a naughty cream cake...ooops! Naughty but nice!
D: large bag of mixed seafood.
S: greek yogurt with coconut
No veg today. I'm all cabbaged out. No adverse effects regardless, surprisingly. Ha ha
I see you had a treat day - cream cake once in a while wont hurt but once a week is bad.

Kyi

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Raw Veg day today.
B Lunch tongue slices (felt like a change) L Raw veg bowl. Once a week I like to make sure I get all the vitamins and minerals from my vegs as I can. Todays bowl consists of carrot,raddish,cress,broccoli,tomato,avocado,celery,cucumber with 35g Edam and 20g salami. The Edam and salami are the rewards for eating raw veg, I eat some veg and reward with the cheese or salami lol. I dont really mind the veg but they do taste nicer with the other stuff. D will be baked mackerel (oily fish day)

Reactions: 7 people

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
I see you had a treat day - cream cake once in a while wont hurt but once a week is bad.
I don't think I've tried cream cake once a week. Don't think I'll be trying it either. Totally enjoying my lchf eating. I've always loved fish, meat and some cheeses. It's the veg that challenges me. I just find them depressive. Psychological, I know. Surrounded by forced dieters all my life and they forced themselves to eat veg. Then still had their cream cakes. I consumed less calories because of it but only one with diabetes. Should I have forced myself to eat veg?
I now see veg as a necessity to fullfil my healthy eating plan. I'm still eating too much protein. It's something for me to work on.
Do you feel your portions are correct?

petepontiac

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People who criticise what they cant understand

Rosbif

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
I don't think I've tried cream cake once a week. Don't think I'll be trying it either. Totally enjoying my lchf eating. I've always loved fish, meat and some cheeses. It's the veg that challenges me. I just find them depressive. Psychological, I know. Surrounded by forced dieters all my life and they forced themselves to eat veg. Then still had their cream cakes. I consumed less calories because of it but only one with diabetes. Should I have forced myself to eat veg?
I now see veg as a necessity to fullfil my healthy eating plan. I'm still eating too much protein. It's something for me to work on.
Do you feel your portions are correct?

I have trouble choking down my veg and my vegetable "repertoire" is pretty restricted. I'm constantly on the look out for the best ways to cook veg. Think that's half the battle - cooking them properly! Maybe we need a veg-dodgers' forum ;-)

sugar-rush123

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Brekkie alpro yogurt amd strawberries

Lunch ryvita with dairylea

Snack 1xwholemeal toast with bacon

Din will be spicy brocolli chicken (homemade chinese)

Reactions: 6 people

GeoffersTaylor

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Not being able to like beer anymore!!
Today's a la carte menu ...
B - bacon & mayo. Buttered coffee
L - turkey salad
D - KFC (no chips or gravy, just meat). I seem to be able to tolerate the breadcrumbs OK.
S - avocado mashed onto a Lidl roll.

Edit - morning BG indicates I should re-evaluate my response to KFC. ******

Last edited by a moderator: