What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

geefull

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
good morning all :)

4.7 today

looking bright this morning and it's not raining :joyful: a whole day of miserable sleet and rain yesterday and it got dark so early because of the low cloud. I hope to get a proper walk in today and I definitely feel better when I do.

D

Diabeticliberty

That's what a 3.0mmol/l does for you. Are you hallucinating again. Get that glucose down your neck for your hypo Mr. o_O

Please do not get confused between my rather puerile humour and the fact that I am not directly in control of and deliberately manipulating my own blood glucose to give me the results that I work extensively to achieve. Every time I wake up with blood sugars higher than 4 is a failure on my own part. This might seem a little extreme to some diabetics. It does however work very well for me. If I am lower than 3 then I can correct this in 5 minutes flat with fast acting sugar. There have been times in my own life when through some rather extreme incidents of what seemed like dawn effect on steroids I have woken with blood sugars 5 or 6 times higher than the waking results I currently enjoy. These highly undesirable waking numbers have taken me sometimes to the middle of the afternoon to try to get ahead of. It has involved skipping meals and injecting insulin by the tanker load and trying every other permutation in between with at best lukewarm results. Hallucinating? Hmmm well maybe. Not in absolute control of what I am doing? I don't think so :)

Glenmac

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Got sent home from work this morning bloods at 24.5 spoke to dn took some more insulin starting to come down a bit now slowly . dn wants to see me this afternoon oh the joys of diabetes
Hope you are feeling better today Karen.Really glad you've got the libre trial,take care:)

Last edited:
Reactions: karen8967

Goacher55

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Should be 68-70 years old

I was reading and remembered thinking your Bg was good but kinda got distracted by the shinier information about an Alice Cooper concert. Didn’t really focus on much other than that fact since it was mentioned. Seriously I’d take 5.6 after such a late night

Reactions: Ixarix

Ymdawd

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Please do not get confused between my rather puerile humour and the fact that I am not directly in control of and deliberately manipulating my own blood glucose to give me the results that I work extensively to achieve. Every time I wake up with blood sugars higher than 4 is a failure on my own part. This might seem a little extreme to some diabetics. It does however work very well for me. If I am lower than 3 then I can correct this in 5 minutes flat with fast acting sugar. There have been times in my own life when through some rather extreme incidents of what seemed like dawn effect on steroids I have woken with blood sugars 5 or 6 times higher than the waking results I currently enjoy. These highly undesirable waking numbers have taken me sometimes to the middle of the afternoon to try to get ahead of. It has involved skipping meals and injecting insulin by the tanker load and trying every other permutation in between with at best lukewarm results. Hallucinating? Hmmm well maybe. Not in absolute control of what I am doing? I don't think so :)

Puerile it may well be but i like it. Often call my own sense of humour a bit on the warped side.

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Good morning everyone. Today's fasting levels were 4.7.

How are you feeling this morning, @karen8967?
Glad to see that your fasting blood sugars are coming down a bit, @Granny_grump_ . Great job.
im feeling fine today thanks ziggy nearly bk to normal although me and normal are not usually words put in the same sentence ;):joyful::joyful:

PenfoldAPD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
7.4 again :arghh: I’ve had a good few low carb days so can’t understand it ...

Changes: started blood pressure meds (that’s now 119/67 so good!) and given up drinking red wine :) wondering if lance needs changing - honestly don’t do it very often - or the batteries in my meter?

Yesterday was protein breakfast and low carb shepherds pie so all good. Getting a bit frustrated.

Ixarix

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Good morning ...6.1 today,slowly adjusting to being home again and not going off piste with food.Its a lovely sunny day here :)
Glad you're home. I haven't checked the weather for today. I expect it to continue cold though.