What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi @DJC3 an @flexi06 just to give an idea of how much salad I have most days this is basically my standard lunch with and avocado added over the last 3 months.

upload_2018-4-16_21-19-10.png

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@ianpspurs Thanks, Sounds good ( apart from the cucumber) I remember you saying a while ago that you use ACV to make salad dressing and I’ve copied you in that: much more palatable than drinking it.

I’m impressed by the fine detail, I think I may be rounding up, or more often down a bit too much. I’ve never scored a mackerel salad at 13g carbs. I need to be a bit less slapdash I think.

Reactions: flexi06

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
@ianpspurs I’m impressed by the fine detail, I think I may be rounding up, or more often down a bit too much. I’ve never scored a mackerel salad at 13g carbs. I need to be a bit less slapdash I think.
@DJC3 One of the first things I bought was scales accurate to 1 gram. I have taken values from Waitrose website or other supermarkets as well as MFP. I used Collins gem calories and carbs but values may not be perfect. Big thing for me is the fibre column I try for 30 gms per day at least. I will add 28 gms of walnuts and psyllium husk powder if I am not reaching that target. Avocado adds about 2 gms carb and 6.7 gms fibre according to Waitrose website.

Reactions: flexi06 and ziggy_w

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
@ianpspurs I appreciate your sharing - very helpful to us just starting on this road. I’m sure you will see your 4.8 again regularly: you are amazingly disciplined.
@DJC3 Thanks for that. My wife would say I am stubborn but I refuse to accept that! The disciplined element comes from being competitive and having a big hole where team sport used to be. Lowering bg and weight, with exercise being a key element, has given me back something I understand and enjoy. Another part of my home gym comes today so all good!

Last edited:

UserABC2021

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.5 this morning :happy:

Back to work today for a four day stint, we'll see how that changes things (or not). My cross trainer arrived yesterday so I can finally start some controlled exercise.

Hope you all have a great day :)