What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

jayney27

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all what a day
@ianpspurs well it is only once in 28 years so sure food and drink celebrations in exceptional circumstances don’t count!@DJC3 shame about reaction to php bars I haven’t tried them - clearly it’s individual -+but erythritol suits me so sticking to Adonis version for now!
@jayney27 your choc and pecan mini loaves look amazing well done hope they taste as good as they look.
My two slices of potatoe fried in olive oil experiment with my chicken salad was ok only up 0.8 so a bit more than I aim for usually but tolerable - will keep trying periodically!
No breakfast ate cheese until quite late yesterday so full this am
Lunch mushroom omlette followed by LC lemon cake and fage yoghurt
Dinner two small lamb loin chops served with a salad of lettuce, toms, advocado and walnuts with lemon juice and advocado oil as well as small spoon olive oil hummus and two LC seeded crispbreads and glass red wine followed by lemon and lime mousse.
Hi @
Hi all what a day
@ianpspurs well it is only once in 28 years so sure food and drink celebrations in exceptional circumstances don’t count!@DJC3 shame about reaction to php bars I haven’t tried them - clearly it’s individual -+but erythritol suits me so sticking to Adonis version for now!
@jayney27 your choc and pecan mini loaves look amazing well done hope they taste as good as they look.
My two slices of potatoe fried in olive oil experiment with my chicken salad was ok only up 0.8 so a bit more than I aim for usually but tolerable - will keep trying periodically!
No breakfast ate cheese until quite late yesterday so full this am
Lunch mushroom omlette followed by LC lemon cake and fage yoghurt
Dinner two small lamb loin chops served with a salad of lettuce, toms, advocado and walnuts with lemon juice and advocado oil as well as small spoon olive oil hummus and two LC seeded crispbreads and glass red wine followed by lemon and lime mousse.
hi @shelley262 my pecan choc cakes are delicious, I had one yesterday fairly soon after cooking so still ever so slightly warm with cream, today I had one with fage yoghurt, just as yummy :)

jayney27

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good evening - no strike that - fantastic evening. It does present a huge dilemma as today's menu and LC in general ain't gonna soak up enough celebration juice - very good job my boys are scattered as it would become very messy - tequila for breakfast messy! Anyhow, now I am partially senile at 63 here is today's sensible menu for the cardigan wearing demographic:

7.00 -9.00 - 3 pints Lemon Green tea with slices lemon and sweetner
10.45 Vente Americano with triple zero stevia and inulin ( Filter coffee mix of Waitrose house and French vanilla and I have a collection of Starbucks mugs - all bought) I like that combo better than anything “off the shelf
14.20 150 gms Waitrose deli coleslaw; 2 slices Tongue; 30 gms pea shoots; 30 gms rocket; 1 avocado; (bigger Waitrose Avo today while Morrisons ripen more); 30 gms Chia seeds; 6 gms psyllium husk powder
18.30 : Morrisons 80z Ultimate burger 0.3 gms carb per 100 gms best I can find - Waitrose lowest is 1,1; Halloumi slice for burgers; very large salad; ( 4 radishes; 150 gms cucumber; 4 spring onions; 100 gms romaine; 8 cherry tomatoes; 3 tbls olive oil;2 tbls CV; 2 tsp dijon; 1 tsp psyllium husk powder) 30 gms chia seeds; ; probably 3-4 pints of water during evening. I want to celebrate but really loving resting pulse at/just below 60 again and want it back to mid 50s . Low carb alcohol is all the stronger stuff ) Overall about 28 gms carb; 42 gms fibre 76 gms protein (just over 1 per kg for 73 kgs)
@Dr Snoddy hug for stress of hospital visit.
My evening water drinking may be subject to change:angelic: @shelley262 If we win on Wednedsay carbs and calories will not exist:arghh:
@ianpspurs i think many of us will see slightly elevated meter readings regardless of carb consumption, although I must say today’s match was nowhere near as tense as last weeks, maybe we need to hibernate until Wednesday then we can eat and drink to our hearts content hehe

Reactions: ianpspurs

jayney27

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@maglil55

Whats the verdict on the lodough? Am curious, even though I’m pretty sure it has gluten in it?
Mr B might like it...
Hi I am quite enjoying mine, they are fairly bland but as a wrap with tasty fillings or as a pizza base with tasty toppings they are quick and convenient, they are a bit on the pricy side but hey what cost our health. They are advertised as gluten free, see pic I’ve uploaded

Attachments

• A83CC98F-5C1C-4456-8A61-E3D88120C929.jpeg
    A83CC98F-5C1C-4456-8A61-E3D88120C929.jpeg
    495.3 KB · Views: 267

jayney27

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
What a beautiful day, glorious sunshine and a win for England
Woke to a respectable 5.8 which was the second lowest reading for that time of day this week, didn’t feel hungry so skipped breakfast just had coffee
Shopping done early due to heat and wanting to be home and settled for the game, still not feeling very hungry but the temptation of choc cake seduced me so I had one of my mini loaf size portions with some fage yoghurt
Small pack of pork scratchings and 1 salami crisp while watching the football
Dinner was 2 cold pulled pork flavour sausages, a vintage cheddar beef burger and a mixed peppery leaf salad

Attachments

• 43932A96-DFE5-4881-BE84-8CC34EAA708E.jpeg
    43932A96-DFE5-4881-BE84-8CC34EAA708E.jpeg
    58.5 KB · Views: 241
  • 35BCA208-7B39-40E8-899C-988633383D60.jpeg
    35BCA208-7B39-40E8-899C-988633383D60.jpeg
    90.1 KB · Views: 262

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening, hope everyone has had a great day: it seemed pretty perfect to me.
Breakfast was scrambled egg and avocado
Lunch: trout fillet with salad of watercress, rocket, avocado, walnuts, flaxseed and olive oil/acv dressing. Choc chia pud afterwards.

Didnt actually watch the football ( shame on me I know) sat in the garden with a friend and a big jug of iced tea listening to the cheers from all around.
Had a bottle of champagne a bit later.
Dinner was roast garlic and rosemary marinated lamb, leftover cauli cheese and some asparagus. Followed by a small portion of camembert, a seedy cracker (DD) and glass of red.
Mr C has already gone to bed - tired and emotional.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
F895AC05-BD9C-417F-9CAC-106B8459EE2F.jpeg
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries and cream washed down with a black coffee.
Lunch was picnic at the seaside: ham, mixed leaf salad, pork scratchings followed by raspberries washed down with Diet Pepsi.
Mid afternoon at a coffee shop: Black coffee and phd bar
Dinner at a Brewers Fayre: I picked a meal that was supposed to be two haddock fish cakes with one poached egg, hollandaise sauce and pea shoots. I asked to change the quantities to one fish cake and two eggs, their website said 13g carbs per fish cake. I’m glad I did the swap as level before meal was 5.2 then after was 5.9, higher than I usually get after dinner but the fishcake was pretty large and very tasty.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
View attachment 27478
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries and cream washed down with a black coffee.
Lunch was picnic at the seaside: ham, mixed leaf salad, pork scratchings followed by raspberries washed down with Diet Pepsi.
Mid afternoon at a coffee shop: Black coffee and phd bar
Dinner at a Brewers Fayre: I picked a meal that was supposed to be two haddock fish cakes with one poached egg, hollandaise sauce and pea shoots. I asked to change the quantities to one fish cake and two eggs, their website said 13g carbs per fish cake. I’m glad I did the swap as level before meal was 5.2 then after was 5.9, higher than I usually get after dinner but the fishcake was pretty large and very tasty.

What a good idea, I wouldn’t have thought to do that. It looks lovely.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hot today but feeling quite satisfied right now. Held my finger down too long on program of exercise bike when going for 2nd set and got the much harder 3rd level. Found it hard but loved it when I finished! Food list below

8.00 - 9.00 - 2 pints Tea with skimmed milk - I was watering and hoeing before Mr sun came calling.. Mrs P woke before I finished and wanted ordinary tea but of almond milk there was none until we made some more. (We’ll call it part of my oh so rock n roll celebration)
11.00 Vente Americano with triple zero stevia and inulin ( Filter coffee mix of Waitrose house and French vanilla )
14..00 Waitrose Americano
19.10 : 400 gms Sirloin steak coked 8 hrs in sous vide then finished in pan in butter; - I saved about 150 gms for tomorrow 200 gms mushrooms; 8 cherry tomatoes; 30 gms rocket; 40 gms peashoots and edible flowers; 2.5 tbls H/M garlic Mayo; 1 glass Malbec; Strawberries and Extra thick Jersey double cream; probably several pints of water during evening - I may return to the Malbec - do the celebrating today! Kahlua purchased for espresso cocktail win lose or draw Wednesday - 11 gms carb per shot once every 28 years is ok

Last edited:

jayney27

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Glorious day here but very hot, even by the sea.
Didn’t eat until 11am as we drove to the seaside and went to our favourite spot for a cooked breakfast
Ice cream minus the wafer cone, a treat as I’ve not had any cappuccinos this week
Mixed onions (spring and red), cherry tomato, hard boiled egg, Brie, bacon and some feta crumbled and sprinkled over followed by choc olive oil cake and fage yoghurt

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening all. Hope everyone’s had a lovely day.

B: scrambled egg, smoked salmon, mushrooms and avocado. Coffee and cream.

L: 2 slices leftover lamb and around 30g walnuts. Coffee and cream.

Afternoon spent watching T20 cricket Middx v Gloucs. It was a lovely afternoon in spite of 2 things-
1) we lost
2) they confiscated our booze at the gate.
I had a small Prosecco and 2 white wines from the bar during the afternoon and nibbled on pork scratchings, salami, cheese and DD crackers, and a hard boiled egg.
Wasn’t the same without our ‘posh’ wine we’d bought with us ( we got our stuff returned at the end) but still a lovely day.
Relaxing in the garden now and trying to drink lots of water, I often forget I only have 1 kidney now and I need to look after it!

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all sounds like good day had by all in the sunshine
Breakfast scrambled eggs cooked in butter
Lunch avocado, chopped walnuts, lemon juice, hummus and three LC crispbreads followed by lemon cake and fage yoghurt
Mid afternoon got hot out in garden so had one naughty scoop of chocolate and hazelnut oppo ice cream
Dinner chicken curry and one slice of LC bread fried in coconut oil with glass of red wine followed by no sugar raspberry jelly with yoghurt.

Suffolk gal

Ok, this weekend has been awful re food, as we were at a friend's house without transport and most of their bought in food was very naughty, so I had a couple of cheese rolls and some mushrooms cooked in butter.
I'm allergic to eggs. Really don't like hoummous but do keep trying it. Lunch tomorrow will be 5 cherry tomatoes cheese squares (about 1oz cheddar) and 2 sliced radishes. A Greek yogurt. Tea probably the same or mushrooms in butter. I drink about 3 mugs water and 5 mugs de caff tea daily. 1 orange after tea. I'm vegetarian, egg allergic. Really struggling to know what I can eat. I'm on a carbs course tomorrow. Not holding out much hope it will help. I love most fruit and veg and have tried cutting fruit down. I have type 2, high cholesterol and high blood pressure, which is a bit lower in the 3 weeks I've been on Metformin and trying to be good with food. Good luck everyone.

Reactions: DJC3

connie104

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I found a Lidl roll in the bottom of my freezer this morning, must have missed it when I last looked for one . Defrosted it and had a bacon roll and tea for breakfast.
Too hot for lunch so just had an apricot and a coffee with cream.
Dinner was a rump steak with a mixed salad and then strawberries and fage yoghurt

Reactions: maglil55 and DJC3

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Ok, this weekend has been awful re food, as we were at a friend's house without transport and most of their bought in food was very naughty, so I had a couple of cheese rolls and some mushrooms cooked in butter.
I'm allergic to eggs. Really don't like hoummous but do keep trying it. Lunch tomorrow will be 5 cherry tomatoes cheese squares (about 1oz cheddar) and 2 sliced radishes. A Greek yogurt. Tea probably the same or mushrooms in butter. I drink about 3 mugs water and 5 mugs de caff tea daily. 1 orange after tea. I'm vegetarian, egg allergic. Really struggling to know what I can eat. I'm on a carbs course tomorrow. Not holding out much hope it will help. I love most fruit and veg and have tried cutting fruit down. I have type 2, high cholesterol and high blood pressure, which is a bit lower in the 3 weeks I've been on Metformin and trying to be good with food. Good luck everyone.
@Suffolk gal Welcome and sorry to hear of your fraught weekend and problems finding food to suit you. I hope you are pleasantly surprised by the course tomorrow,

Last edited:

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Bed 7.3 FBG 6.2. Incredibly humid last night and again today.
B. GF black pudding - slice, Mattesons chicken sausage bit and fried egg ( another double yolker). Tassimo Americano grande with a dash of cream.
L. One of these Grenade carb killa bars.
D. A break from cooking! Son and DIL had a BBQ and thankfully they are low carbers so loads to choose from. Had a bit Chinese pork, bit rib eye, 3 97% Italian sausages with mustard, lettuce, tomato, avocado, veggie kebabs and air fried green beans. Green beans were done with salt, minced garlic and a tiny bit oil - 10 mins in the air fryer. They didn't last.
BGs fine after at 5.9 but part of that could be down to the bottle !! of prosecco I drunk. Liver is busy. Still don't do it often.
Must have been hot. No 2 let the dog out and he ended up standing in the paddling pool! I thought he'd head straight for the food too.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
59C43136-8478-4FC3-AD51-318D80ECFC00.jpeg
Lunch: roast chicken, one tiny roast potato, cauliflower, broccoli and tiny amount of sweet corn followed by SF jelly and cream.
Mid afternoon: orange chia pudding and Diet Pepsi (too hot for coffee! :cool:)
Dinner: cold meat and salad buffet at ILs followed by one Jaffa cake.

GrumpyOldPhart

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
View attachment 27499
Lunch: roast chicken, one tiny roast potato, cauliflower, broccoli and tiny amount of sweet corn followed by SF jelly and cream.
Mid afternoon: orange chia pudding and Diet Pepsi (too hot for coffee! :cool:)
Dinner: cold meat and salad buffet at ILs followed by one Jaffa cake.
41C @ 17:19! Where are you: Death Valley????