What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
May have egg something this morning.

Maybe omelette with red and green bell peppers(to use up) and maybe a bit grated cheese to bulk out as only using 2 eggs.

Boys will join me in our late breakfast but not dad. He only likes plain ones but still doesn't eat breakfast. :(

Ps. I've found a lovely cottage cheese. Half a small pot is a great liver block.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
May have egg something this morning.

Maybe omelette with red and green bell peppers(to use up) and maybe a bit grated cheese to bulk out as only using 2 eggs.

Boys will join me in our late breakfast but not dad. He only likes plain ones but still doesn't eat breakfast. :(

Ps. I've found a lovely cottage cheese. Half a small pot is a great liver block.
Decided to have 3 eggs but only red bell pepper strips with thin strips of cheese which melted naturally. I used reverse psychology on 5yr old and he had some. 11yr old wants more but.... Nope. He has the dishes.
Lunch: will be at 3pmish today. I have roast meats planned and boys will have toasties while I have salad. Well iceburg lettuce and mayo with something else added. Keeping celery for dip sticks when outfeeding ducks after the dentist tomorrow.

Dinner: will be something light. Maybe soup for boys and I might finish off remnants of salad in mayo. ;)

If before bed I'm not satisfied I'll eat a liver block (fatty protein)

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all hope everyone coping with heat wave I’m still enjoying it and coping fine but autistic son is struggling a bit he’s not good with extremes. I’m in Birmingham tomorrow - don’t think cities and public transport are good in heat so already planning a swim on Wednesday morning as something to look forward to !
Breakfast one slice of bacon and egg
Lunch made advocado pate with one advocado, lemon juice and cream cheese served with four seeded crispbreads followed by choc olive oil cake and yoghurt
Dinner trout and cauliflower cheese followed by sf jelly and yoghurt

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
At last a bit of summer this year - but will it last? Most summers I would need jumpers and long trousers for tomorrow's Nordic Walking lesson at 18.00 hrs. This year I just hope the instructor uses common sense.
I couldn't do 4 days OMAD so ate 2 meals today and a small fridge raid.
7.00 2 pint mugs tea with h/m almond milk
11.35 Mixed French vanilla and Waitrose house blend filter coffee with 2 tsp inulin, triple 0 stevia and whole milk
14.00 Mixed olives; Lo dough wrap - cheddar, corned beef, pea shoots & flowers, cucumber, h/m garlic mayo; 2 cherry tomatoes; 1 of new batch of h/m high fibre bar - more inulin and added psyllium hp this time - water then 30 mins cycle with HIIT Sprint 8 (accelerating to max HR was brutal) lots of water and hot tub
16 -15 Someone stupidly decided to leave ham offcuts and Bishop Cropwell in the fridge i go to first and in plain sight/ easy reach. Obviously meant me to nibble
18.45: Venison ( Sous Vide) and avocado salad (big) with acv and PHP vinaigrette; 3 desert spoons Chia seed sprinkled; Strawberries and Fage 5%; water

jayney27

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks for the link, very useful.
I broke the end of the cake off last night and estimated 2g carbs, so not far off, and it wasn’t a proper slice....

I still have 1 and 1/2 huge courgettes and 1 normal size
@DJC3 @Goonergal my cake is cooking as I type, can’t wait to try it. I have also made an almond flour loaf of bread, it looks ok and doesn’t feel heavy like a house brick, the first and only attempt at making bread, at the beginning of my low carb baking went from the oven to the bin, this one however looks like it might be ok

jayney27

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello everyone, cool start to the day here which was lovely, however, it soon warmed up and we had another beautiful day, oh how I wish I didn’t have to work :arghh:
B 1 egg omelette with peppers and mozzarella
L roast beef salad with a mango and chilli dressing, half of a PhD smart bar, peanut variety
Coffee with cream when I got home with half of a PhD smart bar, dark choc and raspberry variety, this will be my favourite I think, I placed an order at Holland and Barrett as my local Tesco only stocks the peanut flavour, they arrived today, so of course I had to try the raspberry one, @Rachox you are right this flavour is lovely
Been cooking for most of the evening since getting home, I have made an almond flour loaf of bread, yet to sample it as it’s cooling, plan to have a slice with my evening meal, also made the zucchini lemon cake, that is just finishing off in the oven, maybe a small slice for dessert
D will be, tuna steak, asparagus wrapped in bacon and a poached egg, maybe a dollop of mayo

Reactions: maglil55

SaladDaze

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
B: Tin of mackerel fillets in olive oil & cup of green tea with mint. (my default breakfast)
L: Coca-cola zero, Roast chicken with peas, mishrooms and side salad of lettuce tomate and onion. White coffee with saccharin. (in local restaurant).
M*: Slice of my own nutty-soul-bread, spread with with low fat cream cheese and york ham and cherry tomatoes on top.
D: Stewed bonito tuna stewed in tomato sause, with cauliflower.

* M = "merienda" customary spanish late afternoon snack.

Doug.

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
B: Tin of mackerel fillets in olive oil & cup of green tea with mint. (my default breakfast)
L: Coca-cola zero, Roast chicken with peas, mishrooms and side salad of lettuce tomate and onion. White coffee with saccharin. (in local restaurant).
M*: Slice of my own nutty-soul-bread, spread with with low fat cream cheese and york ham and cherry tomatoes on top.

Doug.
Welcome @SaladDaze your menu sounds delicious

Suffolk gal

I'd had a very naughty day, fallen off the wagon. First time I've been really bad since being diagnosed. I will be back on track tomorrow. It was all due to this excessive heat. I've no intention of doing it again.

Reactions: DJC3

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I'd had a very naughty day, fallen off the wagon. First time I've been really bad since being diagnosed. I will be back on track tomorrow. It was all due to this excessive heat. I've no intention of doing it again.
Worry ye not @Suffolk gal - the road is littered with debris from those of us who fell off, its easily done. It is only the special ones such as yourself who get back on and ride it all the way.

Last edited:

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Important thing is drawing a line under it and starting again.

Reactions: DJC3

GrumpyOldPhart

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
At last a bit of summer this year - but will it last? Most summers I would need jumpers and long trousers for tomorrow's Nordic Walking lesson at 18.00 hrs. This year I just hope the instructor uses common sense.
I couldn't do 4 days OMAD so ate 2 meals today and a small fridge raid.
7.00 2 pint mugs tea with h/m almond milk
11.35 Mixed French vanilla and Waitrose house blend filter coffee with 2 tsp inulin, triple 0 stevia and whole milk
14.00 Mixed olives; Lo dough wrap - cheddar, corned beef, pea shoots & flowers, cucumber, h/m garlic mayo; 2 cherry tomatoes; 1 of new batch of h/m high fibre bar - more inulin and added psyllium hp this time - water then 30 mins cycle with HIIT Sprint 8 (accelerating to max HR was brutal) lots of water and hot tub
16 -15 Someone stupidly decided to leave ham offcuts and Bishop Cropwell in the fridge i go to first and in plain sight/ easy reach. Obviously meant me to nibble
18.45: Venison ( Sous Vide) and avocado salad (big) with acv and PHP vinaigrette; 3 desert spoons Chia seed sprinkled; Strawberries and Fage 5%; water
Wish I had your energy, mate!

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries and cream washed down with a black coffee.
Lunch: Tesco egg and ham omelette wrap followed by Greek yoghurt and raspberries.
Mid afternoon: raspberry chia pudding and a black coffee.
Dinner: cheese and mushroom omelette with cauliflower, broccoli and yellow tomato salad followed by home made LC chocolate, nut and seed granola with almond milk.
I have a few occasions coming up where I have odd nights away from home where my low carb porridge isn’t practical so wanted to find something else for breakfast. I adapted a recipe I found on line a little and though I say so myself it was very acceptable (I’ll post the recipe if anyone wants to try it, when I’ve typed it into a memo suitable to post here, it’s just on a scrap of paper just now!) Hubby who eats loads of ‘real’ granola is going to test it later!

GrumpyOldPhart

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Large mug tea with lacto-free skimmed milk
Naughty breakfast of porridge (I know I shouldn't, but why waste?) with lacto-free semi-skimmed milk, followed by coffee with lacto-free cream.
L bacon, haloumi & duck egg, followed by 1/2 apple 2 glasses water.
2 mugs tea with lacto-free skimmed milk & a handful of peanuts.
D Welsh lamb leg steak, brocccoli with melted lacto-free cheddar, carrots & peas washed down with a bottle of Beck's Blue, followed by blueberries, blackberries, 5 cherries & koko yoghurt (dairy free), coffee with lacto-free cream.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Doug.

I like the sound of merienda

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all

Eaten way too much today. Think I am going to have to start banishing some things from my fridge once stocks have been depleted (which won’t take long at current rates of consumption).

Breakfast - none

Lunch - 2 boiled eggs (well actually a Coop spinach and egg snack pot, but the 3 measly pieces of spinach don’t really count), Coop chorizo and Gouda rollitos (very nice and in a handy pack of 4). Ahem. Followed by half a portion of lemon zucchini cake and a quarter portion of flourless chocolate lime cake and a very large portion of extra thick double cream. Then raided the office snack drawer, which I have stocked with high percentage cocoa chocolate.

Dinner - 2 Waitrose free range Cumberland sausages and 2 rashers bacon followed by 25g Sainsbury’s 85% chocolate and 30g macadamias.

Just back from Pilates which has brought my BG down to its lowest reading of the day.

@jayney27 how has your bread turned out?

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Wish I had your energy, mate!
I was taught that if you want to eat you must work and I feel a bit of a lightweight exercise wise but I use to live and breathe team sport. It hit me hard when I knew I couldn't perform at the level I wanted to so I gave up. Big part of how it all went wrong for me so this is a feeble attempt to replace a huge part of my life.

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all

Eaten way too much today. Think I am going to have to start banishing some things from my fridge once stocks have been depleted (which won’t take long at current rates of consumption).

Breakfast - none

Lunch - 2 boiled eggs (well actually a Coop spinach and egg snack pot, but the 3 measly pieces of spinach don’t really count), Coop chorizo and Gouda rollitos (very nice and in a handy pack of 4). Ahem. Followed by half a portion of lemon zucchini cake and a quarter portion of flourless chocolate lime cake and a very large portion of extra thick double cream. Then raided the office snack drawer, which I have stocked with high percentage cocoa chocolate.

Dinner - 2 Waitrose free range Cumberland sausages and 2 rashers bacon followed by 25g Sainsbury’s 85% chocolate and 30g macadamias.

Just back from Pilates which has brought my BG down to its lowest reading of the day.

@jayney27 how has your bread turned out?
I need to start back at Pilates class - i do some at home but it’s not the same! I had to give up when had ear infection and dizziness and then since got better life and work has got in the way on Pilates class day. Mum down for two weeks from weekend so planning now to restart after we get her back home. It may be cooler by then too - the hall it’s held in gets very hot in summer no air con and has large windows!

Reactions: DJC3 and ianpspurs

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening all
B: smoked salmon, scrambled egg and avocado. Coffee with cream.
L: Quiche made with LoDough crust - I much preferred this to the LoDough wrap. Fresh salmon, feta cheese and green bean filling ( didnt have asparagus)
Blackberries and clotted cream for pud. The blackberries have forced their way into our garden through next door’s fence. Not complaining they were gorgeous.
Mid afternoon met Mr C for a drink - 2 diet Cokes. I would have killed for a cold lager. @GrumpyOldPhart I considered a Becks Blue but when I checked the nutrition, it only has 39cals but 9g carbs! Too much for me so I stuck to Diet Coke

D: Just got back from yoga, not really hungry but had some olives and feta just to accompany my Metformin.