Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.1 today, VERY happy, lowest for some time so that's really good. Even had a 4.8 yesterday. Very happy.

Update on PR
I've sent another wonderfully inspirational story (And photos that show the journey so well) to the PR team. They will hopefully be able to add it to the booklet before it gets added to DCUK social media sites. I'm also adding it to our own one (the original) when my daughter gets a minute. Back teaching now and her free time is very limited.

If anyone would like their story adding just let me know. The more the merrier in my opinion. Good hard evidence the LCHF woe works so well.

I asked the PR team about approaching 'this morning' to get on prime time tv. 10 or so of us. Sitting with Holly and Phil. Telling our story. It's not rocket science putting this beast into remission. It just takes focus, determination and a certain way of eating! We can spread that word. PR team are going to do this so we will see where it goes. I would have contacted them myself but coming from the PR team will have more clout!

Waiting to hear from my surgery re what they think about all the info I delivered on Monday. It will take time for them to digest and discuss obviously. I so hope I get a positive response.

I wrote to MP Tom Watson. It appears he has been inundated since he came out as having reverse this diabetes with low carb diet. He is actively looking to change things. I also wrote to Dr David Unwin.

So that my little bit if chat for today folks. Have a good day.

Update from PR team received today = Charlotte summers is in Canada and designers on holiday hence delay on our booklet getting linked on social media sites.

Last edited:

jayney27

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.1 today, VERY happy, lowest for some time so that's really good. Even had a 4.8 yesterday. Very happy.

Update on PR
I've sent another wonderfully inspirational story (And photos that show the journey so well) to the PR team. They will hopefully be able to add it to the booklet before it gets added to DCUK social media sites. I'm also adding it to our own one (the original) when my daughter gets a minute. Back teaching now and her free time is very limited.

If anyone would like their story adding just let me know. The more the merrier in my opinion. Good hard evidence the LCHF woe works so well.

I asked the PR team about approaching 'this morning' to get on prime time tv. 10 or so of us. Sitting with Holly and Phil. Telling our story. It's not rocket science putting this beast into remission. It just takes focus, determination and a certain way of eating! We can spread that word. PR team are going to do this so we will see where it goes. I would have contacted them myself but coming from the PR team will have more clout!

Waiting to hear from my surgery re what they think about all the info I delivered on Monday. It will take time for them to digest and discuss obviously. I so hope I get a positive response.

I wrote to MP Tom Watson. It appears he has been inundated since he came out as having reverse this diabetes with low carb diet. He is actively looking to change things. I also wrote to Dr David Unwin.

So that my little bit if chat for today folks. Have a good day.

Update from PR team received today = Charlotte summers is in Canada and designers on holiday hence delay on our booklet getting linked on social media sites.
Well done on all fronts today, excellent numbers and for plugging away at getting the message out there. You are an inspiration x

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Well done on all fronts today, excellent numbers and for plugging away at getting the message out there. You are an inspiration x
I just have some spare time at the moment. Got a project coming up soon so won't have so much time then. The tide seems to be changing a little I feel. Lots in the news. We might just be the icing on the low carb cake :)

Reactions: JanetMcDowell

Johnroy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Not many
Was 6.7 at 7.30 this morning. Lost most of my readings for the year on daily carb app due to updating new iPad. Meant to go to Dropbox but not working on old iPad. Thought going to cloud as well. On transfer switched off and removed all data. HbA1c next week and visit nurse, Ah!!

bigjim19

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
a lot of food im supposed to eat yuk
5.2 at 4:30 am.

Weather guessers are predicting 32° today here in Bundy, summer is just around the corner. :D

Ours has just went round the corner followed by storm ALI with 90mph winds and 8 deg c ! ! Who was it that was moaning about the weather in the summer

Reactions: DJC3 and peony50
D

Deleted member 308541

Ours has just went round the corner followed by storm ALI with 90mph winds and 8 deg c ! ! Who was it that was moaning about the weather in the summer
We scored two evacuation packs from the state gubberment and council so we get prepared for the summer.

They must know somethin' the locals don't, although I am not knocking the kit as the radio / torch is useful when we have a power out.

https://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/blog/tipetoo.308541/

Reactions: bigjim19

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
2.9 this morning. 3.1 yesterday morning - both around 5 am. Best it has been over the last couple of weeks was 4.9. I've been dropping overnight dose to try to stop this, but over the last few weeks, this is what has been happening. Low carbs for the most part in the last few months, but recently taking porridge in the morning and some carbs in the evening. Still dropping away overnight. Doesn't make sense. Levels high-ish during the day on reasonably high doses of insulin.