What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

Tori71

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Afternoon!

Breakfast - Hi-lo toast and butter
Lunch - Pate, chicken bites, olives, rollitoes and salad, Strawberries and cream.
Dinner - Taking nephew to Thai restaurant as he is stopping over with us. Probably a stir fry and a glass of wine.

Have a good weekend everyone x

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I only pop into this thread from time to time but I wanted to say thank you for some great ideas. I had never heard of rollitos, thanks @Goonergal for heads up. Hubby brought some back from m&s along with some pork scratching type snack and I have found Asda do rollitos with iberico cheese and chorizo. Totally hooked! Together with Mexicana cheese it's a great feast.

Whoever mentioned copymethat, was it @Brunneria, I totally love it. I have to go back through the recipes to add nutritional info, not a hardship.

Now looking for a recipe for clafutis. Halloumi is often on the shopping list, oh my goodness I am looking forward to experimenting.

Thank you all.....!
Hi yes clafoutis is in the booklet. I make it frequently. I make a few changes to recipe now using 10 mini loaf tins for portion control and only putting 2 or 3 berries in each one! I also use 10 g of Psyllium Husk and 90 g of ground almonds and sometimes use olive oil rather than melted butter! hope you enjoy them. I am also using them a couple of them in thin slices in a sugar free jelly for a base for a trifle I've concocted using egg custard which is very low carb as the eggs thicken and i make with cream not milk.

Reactions: Tori71

xfieldok

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi yes clafoutis is in the booklet. I make it frequently. I make a few changes to recipe now using 10 mini loaf tins for portion control and only putting 2 or 3 berries in each one! I also use 10 g of Psyllium Husk and 90 g of ground almonds and sometimes use olive oil rather than melted butter! hope you enjoy them. I am also using them a couple of them in thin slices in a sugar free jelly for a base for a trifle I've concocted using egg custard which is very low carb as the eggs thicken and i make with cream not milk.
Thanks Shelly262, I am looking forward to trying them :)

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Now then foodie playmates; as you guys may know I'm not a bread/pastry/pizza person, but a couple of Twisted YouTube videos have appeared recently on my Facebook feed, having been shared by theirs in a foodie group I'm in.

I wondered if some of them, line the Taquitos, or pizza cone dipping thingies, or the cheese steak nachos could work with LoDough, orr other LC wraps or dough.

I thought little taquitos or the pizza cones would make either fab finger food for drinks parties, parties in general or for those times when "bitty food" is required in front of the box, for whatever reason.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=pizza+taquitos+twisted

xfieldok

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thanks Shelly262, I am looking forward to trying them :)

fran57

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Liars, and cheats.
Hi all, hope your having a good weekend so far.

B...30grams scotch porridge oats, Alpro almond unsweetend milk, chia seeds, and a teaspoon of tesco low calorie granulated sweetner

L...small pot of aldi's reduced fat Huomus with sunflower seeds

D...2 tins of tesco mackrel in olive oil, brocoli rice with cheese and chia seeds, followed by 2 squares of Lindt 90% dark choccie, nom...

think I may of had a bit too much protien and fat...not too sure what do you peeps think ? x

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening all. Two meals in a very short space of time today.

Lunch (3pm) - Lidl deluxe antipasto: Parma ham, salami and coppa. Really hit the spot - worked up a large appetite while shopping (successful purchase of sofa).

Dinner (6pm) - my favourite. Beef short rib. Delicious.

@maglil55 hope you are enjoying Liverpool

@Bubbsie thanks for the recipe. Bought halloumi and streaky bacon today. Looks like paprika might need to be picked up tomorrow (chilli would be a step too far for me)

@ziggy_w thanks for your concern. BG a bit more sensible this afternoon. Glad you have sorted yours out.

@DJC3 hope you enjoyed your doggy day. Thought of you as I passed through Canning Town.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
think I may of had a bit too much protien and fat...not too sure what do you peeps think ? x

I certainly don’t see too much fat in there. Do you know the breakdown between fat, protein and carbs in everything you ate? What are you aiming for? I find that too much protein increases BG a bit, but not everyone does. Today I’ve had 82.8g fat (a bit on the low side for me), 1.6g carbs and 67.1g protein (just about my sweet spot for protein). I aim to be in ketosis so that works well for me - all depends what you are trying to achieve.

fran57

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Liars, and cheats.
I certainly don’t see too much fat in there. Do you know the breakdown between fat, protein and carbs in everything you ate? What are you aiming for? I find that too much protein increases BG a bit, but not everyone does. Today I’ve had 82.8g fat (a bit on the low side for me), 1.6g carbs and 67.1g protein (just about my sweet spot for protein). I aim to be in ketosis so that works well for me - all depends what you are trying to achieve.
Hi Goonergal 92g..fat 71.3...protien 36.9..carbs, Im doing the low carb programme, and got a scared when it totaled up todays nutrition, lol, x x

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi Goonergal 92g..fat 71.3...protien 36.9..carbs, Im doing the low carb programme, and got a scared when it totaled up todays nutrition, lol, x x

Personally it’d be the carbs I’d look at in there, but it all depends on what you’re aiming for and how your sugar levels are. Nothing stands out as a concern. If you’re enjoying what you’re eating and getting the results you want would just keep going.

Reactions: fran57

fran57

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Liars, and cheats.
Personally it’d be the carbs I’d look at in there, but it all depends on what you’re aiming for and how your sugar levels are. Nothing stands out as a concern. If you’re enjoying what you’re eating and getting the results you want would just keep going.
Thank you Goonergal, x x

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello all.

Today ...

Breakfast: Two double decaffeinated espressos with cream and erythritol.

Lunch: A DD keto roll with mayonnaise, gouda and beef salami. The last of the leftover soup -- it seems it gets better the more often it is reheated.

Snack: About 4 squares of 85% chocolate.

Dinner: About 80g of liver pate. Two zucchinis and one smallish eggplant cut into sticks and roasted with olive oil and salt.

Reactions: Goonergal

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening all - loved being in shorts and polo shirt again today. As a public service I should warn all you ladies of a baffling illness sweeping this area. Loss of voice, lethargy and partial hearing loss. UNTIL you sense dishwasher being loaded - then you can move like Usain Bolt and whinge loudly about how the thing is loaded, plus hear softy spoken, 2 rooms away, "amazing recovery" :arghh::arghh:

Breakfast: Tea
Dockey : Tea
Lunch : Cold chicken leg (lemon and thyme); 5 of our lack cherry tomatoes; 4 walnuts; 3 flaxseed crackers with h/m smoked salmon pate (heather and peat smoked salmon, cream cheese, double cream) 2 slices prosciutto; gruyere; filter coffee with Jersey double cream - too much sat fat in there and 5.2 @ 2 hrs does not offset that IMHO (I was walking her dogs when Mrs P made the pate )
Mid Afternoon: Tea
Evening meal: Big salad with tin of mackerel in olive oil and avocado; parmesan shavings; lots of chia seeds and psyllium husk powder - like to keep things regular

Last edited:

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Sad day today and a bit reflective as my cousin died this morning - always difficult living so far away can’t give the same support to family as would like to give but visiting mum in a weeks time for a week for hospital visits etc so not rushing up this week also don’t know when funeral will take place.
Breakfast sausage, quarter piece of lodough eggy bread and fried egg
Lunch tin of red salmon with acv and olive oil with lc seeded crispbreads
Dinner chicken curry with mint raita and glass red wine followed by Lc trifle
@fran57 your fats were only high because of two tins of mackerel in olive oil but it’s good fat and try not to worry. Main change I would hav3 made is having something like omlette or bacon and egg instead of porridge and full fat hummus with olive oil rather than low fat but it’s a personal choice and you need to experiment. Did you take your blood readings after the porridge? Mine would have been sky high but maybe you don’t react as much? Good luck you’re doing great I did the low carb programme and slowly reduced my carbs down to 20g per day but now I’m on maintenance I eat under 30g per day
@Goonergal and @ziggy_w pleased you’re both returning to your normal bgs - it’s weird how it goes often no rhyme or reason we can all just keep trying and getting results most of the time.

fran57

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Liars, and cheats.
Sad day today and a bit reflective as my cousin died this morning - always difficult living so far away can’t give the same support to family as would like to give but visiting mum in a weeks time for a week for hospital visits etc so not rushing up this week also don’t know when funeral will take place.
Breakfast sausage, quarter piece of lodough eggy bread and fried egg
Lunch tin of red salmon with acv and olive oil with lc seeded crispbreads
Dinner chicken curry with mint raita and glass red wine followed by Lc trifle
@fran57 your fats were only high because of two tins of mackerel in olive oil but it’s good fat and try not to worry. Main change I would hav3 made is having something like omlette or bacon and egg instead of porridge and full fat hummus with olive oil rather than low fat but it’s a personal choice and you need to experiment. Did you take your blood readings after the porridge? Mine would have been sky high but maybe you don’t react as much? Good luck you’re doing great I did the low carb programme and slowly reduced my carbs down to 20g per day but now I’m on maintenance I eat under 30g per day
@Goonergal and @ziggy_w pleased you’re both returning to your normal bgs - it’s weird how it goes often no rhyme or reason we can all just keep trying and getting results most of the time.
Shelley262 sorry too hear your news x

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries and cream washed down with a black coffee.
Lunch: Diet Dr keto pancake with bacon and SF maple syrup followed by Greek yoghurt and raspberries.
Mid afternoon: raspberry chia pudding and black coffee.
Dinner: M&S Serrano ham and manchego rollitos with cauliflower and broccoli salad, coleslaw and pork scratchings followed by SF jelly, cream and LC chocolate granola.